star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Post by honu888 »

He’s lucky he didn’t have it worse like getting trampled by a couple 300+ linemen with cleats. It was his own careless decision to run on the field with time still left on the clock. Who posted this stupid article anyway it just says by Star-Advertiser Staff. Ferd Lewis?

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: star advertiser photographer claims assault by rolo during san diego state game

Post by st808 »

honu888 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:57 pm He’s lucky he didn’t have it worse like getting trampled by a couple 300+ linemen with cleats. It was his own careless decision to run on the field with time still left on the clock. Who posted this stupid article anyway it just says by Star-Advertiser Staff. Ferd Lewis?
frank bridgewater, editor, posted the article that ignores the university of hawaii media guide that states photographers are not to enter the playing field.

aquino deserves to have his credentials pulled from university althletics games, practices and awards ceremonies for a year. stadium officials should also pull aquino's credentials and prohibit aquino from attending any function at the stadium for a year.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I remember seeing Rolo yelling at Warrior players and others to back up and/or get off the field. Others and players were doing the same.
Aquino is lucky someone like LB Prichard, or S Okeke didn’t push or even nudge him off the field. Aquino would have been de-cleated and in air about 19 yards. 😂

And, the Editor should NOT have posted/published anything. Geez
Last edited by Grinch on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

st808 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:52 pm
honu888 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:57 pm He’s lucky he didn’t have it worse like getting trampled by a couple 300+ linemen with cleats. It was his own careless decision to run on the field with time still left on the clock. Who posted this stupid article anyway it just says by Star-Advertiser Staff. Ferd Lewis?
frank bridgewater, editor, posted the article that ignores the university of hawaii media guide that states photographers are not to enter the playing field.

aquino deserves to have his credentials pulled from university althletics games, practices and awards ceremonies for a year. stadium officials should also pull aquino's credentials and prohibit aquino from attending any function at the stadium for a year.
100% agreement. Start with the next game immediately.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

shoichikun808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by shoichikun808 »

Video of the incident.

Rolo and everyone trying to get people off the field. Since the game isn’t over. He is pushing people to the sidelines. Jamm fell on his face and the other guy keeps his feet. Guy in black behind Jamm may have unintentionally been the one to push him over of which the guy in black sees if Jamm is okay and ushers him further to the sideline

https://m.imgur.com/CWK4iT7

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Parkpill wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:42 pm The timing of this article is suspect. The reporter was in the wrong place and got moved. The Star Advertiser is a crappy newspaper. The end.
100%

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I commend Rolo for his actions—trying to protect his players
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

shoichikun808 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:47 pm Video of the incident.

Rolo and everyone trying to get people off the field. Since the game isn’t over. He is pushing people to the sidelines. Jamm fell on his face and the other guy keeps his feet. Guy in black behind Jamm may have unintentionally been the one to push him over of which the guy in black sees if Jamm is okay and ushers him further to the sideline

Thanks shoichikun808. No reason for Rolo apology but he did. Jamm is a scheizer and so is his bosses.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Thanks shoichikun808. No reason for Rolo apology but he did. Jamm is a scheizer and so is his bosses.
must be looking for a quick way to make some extra money for some Christmas Presents this year, maybe the SA needs to give him a raise

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

ulua wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:52 pm

must be looking for a quick way to make some extra money for some Christmas Presents this year, maybe the SA needs to give him a raise
Yeah, looking at that video, the only person Rolo shoved stayed on his feet and didn't fall at all!
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

I looked at the video of the incident and I'm royally sickened.

To be unbiased, what was Rolo and the unidentified UH official thinking?

Here were a group a photographers that were mislead onto the field, thinking the game was over. Why? Because they saw the UH players race onto the field. Were the photographers influenced by seeing the players race onto the field? Yes.

Then, as the video clearly shows, the two photographers along with UH players were herded off the field, clearly complying. Both are seen running towards the sidelines at a quick pace, and in my crying eyes why did the the unidentified UH official find the need to push the SA photographer from behind, sending him tumbling to the ground and for Rolo to push the unidentified photographer with the white shorts from behind. It begs the question where's Rolo' s common sense. Did he not go thru orientation where it clearly states that he can't put his hands or verbally assault a person while in the workplace? I'm sorry I'll be the minority on this but this is reminiscent of the Mack incident (where the HC do not think of the repercussions of their actions).

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

sarvicdar wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:08 am I looked at the video of the incident and I'm royally sickened.

Here were a group a photographers that were mislead onto the field, thinking the game was over. Why? Because they saw the UH players race onto the field. Were the photographers influenced by seeing the players race onto the field? Yes.

Then, as the video clearly shows, the two photographers along with UH players were herded off the field, clearly complying. Both are seen running towards the sidelines at a quick pace, and in my crying eyes why did the the unidentified UH official find the need to push the SA photographer from behind, sending him tumbling to the ground and for Rolo to push the unidentified photographer with the white shorts from behind. It begs the question where's Rolo' s common sense. Did he not go thru orientation where it clearly states that he can't put his hands or verbally assault a person while in the workplace? I'm sorry I'll be the minority on this but this is reminiscent of the Mack incident (where the HC do not think of the repercussions of their actions).
They were not misled. The photographer has a responsibility to know how much time is left on the game. There are two large clocks on both sides of the stadium that indicates how much time, if any is left. You put no responsibility on the photographers who was clearly in the wrong. The players and coaches can go on the field when the game is in progress, the media cannot, period. He's been doing UH games for 15 years, he should know better. It's that plain and simple. He violated the rules and now is crying about it.
ImageImage

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

ulua wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:52 pm

Clearly on the field of play and not trying to leave on his own free will, Definitely trying to make something out of nothing and trying to make a few bucks off of UH. He doesn't have a leg to stand on. He wasn't assaulted. He was being pushed off the field like everyone else. I am sure he had to sign a waiver to be on the field.

This tells you a lot about a person.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

sarvicdar wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:08 am I looked at the video of the incident and I'm royally sickened.

Sorry, I don't know what the hell you are talking about. The guy is an adult and a supposed professional. The rule is simple, you don't go on to the field of play. In another game it could have cost the team a lot.

You are in the minority. Everyone was being pushed. You state that the photographer was leaving at a quick pace. Other videos show that he was continuing to video until he was chased. Do you need an orientation that teach you to stay off the field of play especially with time on the clock.

If a sign says no trespassing are you saying because someone else is trespassing it is ok for you to trespass. Are you saying that Rolo and others on charge on the field is supposed to use common sense but the photographer doesn't need to because he is a photographer? Who perpetuated the incident Rolo trying to clear the field of everyone on it. Or a photographer who didn't belong on the field?