**** 2019 Guess the Attendance: UH vs SDSU ****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

**** 2019 Guess the Attendance: UH vs SDSU ****

Post by BigWave96744 »

Last home game netted around 16K. No way does 2 wins bring 10K back, but maybe half.
Turnstile: 21,234 :(

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: **** 2019 Guess the Attendance: UH vs SDSU ****

Post by gopunahou »

The Janet Jackson concert also will hurt the attendance.

Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Fallout from the guy that was trying to sell his season tickets at the box office. He told all his friends not to go.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

I’m wishing for at least 30k and the return of the student section, but that is a big wish so...
23,019 it is

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Well i guess we shouldn’t expect our student section to be at the game, how times have changed

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/uh-st ... all-games/

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

ulua wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:31 pm Well i guess we shouldn’t expect our student section to be at the game, how times have changed

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/uh-st ... all-games/
Can’t even give away free tickets. Well living in Hawaii is tough because people have 2 jobs and work on weekends. I actually have to work but will be there next week for the army game.

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

People used to ask me if Aloha Stadium was as run down as they had heard (yes, but in a cozy familiar way).

Now they ask me if I feel safe there with all the pictures of rusted steps and areas under the seats (year to year I've seen section JJ Orange, where we sit, deteriorate significantly).

I can't help but believe the state of Aloha Stadium is having a significant impact on peoples decision to go or not.

A new stadium has to be an imperative, we've heard talk talk talk for years.

Start. Solid. Plans. Now.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

FatJeff wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:03 am People used to ask me if Aloha Stadium was as run down as they had heard (yes, but in a cozy familiar way).

Now they ask me if I feel safe there with all the pictures of rusted steps and areas under the seats (year to year I've seen section JJ Orange, where we sit, deteriorate significantly).

I can't help but believe the state of Aloha Stadium is having a significant impact on peoples decision to go or not.

the restrooms in the upper level k, l, m, area are closed. it's been almost a month since there was no water due to a faulty part. the state says it is waiting for the part. don't know why they can't fedex the part overnight.

despite the bad food selections at the concessions, despite the delapitated condition of the stadium, and despite the no aloha attitude of the security, my wife and i enjoy watching hawaii football games. however, with no bathrooms to service the seating area, there's no way to enjoy the night even with seats on the fifty yard line.

guess we will have to take our chances with security and look for empty seats in the lower orange levels.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

On this week's Nick Rolovich Show (11/17), hosted by Kanoa Leahey, the biggest takeaway from the show that I see is how Rolo attributed/applauded the Hawaii fans attending the game at Sam Boyd stadium as giving a huge support/boast for his team.

Right above the Hawaii bench many fans in green, representing the 50th state, united together on cheering the team on. Some hoisting posters, banners, Hawaii flags, leis, team jerseys. All rallying the team on.

"It was great to see the fans, their love for the team and the state of Hawaii. For the players to look up and feel the support/love it makes them feel good." Rolo added with appreciation. "This is what college football is all about.

One super fan, Wayne Coito, featured on the show, has been to all 56 home and away games of the Rolo era, starting with Sydney.

"Hawaii football is my morgage, kids, and family." Coito added.

Another fan, a young lady (Yamashiro), now living in LV, spent the last 2 years planning this event by reaching out on social media and inspiring Hawaii fans to the game.

"This was like planning my wedding day." Yamashiro added, with the passion you can see in her eyes.

To see Rolo smiling and showing his gratitude is aspiring for the fans that do show up. In his eyes you can see him acknowledging and thanking each and every one of the fans that do go to the games. Because he knows the importance the fan support brings to his players.

To the Coito's and Yamishiros, I hope their passion and inspiration for Hawaii football spreads a 100 fold.

For Saturday's game the rallying cry will begin at the turnstiles. I hope it's huge.

Rolo and his players need that extra spark, and deservingly so.

"

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

sarvicdar wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm On this week's Nick Rolovich Show (11/17), hosted by Kanoa Leahey, the biggest takeaway from the show that I see is how Rolo attributed/applauded the Hawaii fans attending the game at Sam Boyd stadium as giving a huge support/boast for his team.

To the Coito's and Yamishiros, I hope their passion and inspiration for Hawaii football spreads a 100 fold.

I saw that too. I heard how BIG the LV tailgate was going to be like 1 week before. How do we find out about stuff like that long before? I only live 6 hours away.

Also, I didn't know UH students get to go to the games free with their ID. It's already included in the athletics fee. It wasn't like that when I was at UH. So to the students, no excuses. Go Bows.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Go Warriors
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

st808 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:29 am
FatJeff wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:03 am People used to ask me if Aloha Stadium was as run down as they had heard (yes, but in a cozy familiar way).

the restrooms in the upper level k, l, m, area are closed. it's been almost a month since there was no water due to a faulty part. the state says it is waiting for the part. don't know why they can't fedex the part overnight.

despite the bad food selections at the concessions, despite the delapitated condition of the stadium, and despite the no aloha attitude of the security, my wife and i enjoy watching hawaii football games. however, with no bathrooms to service the seating area, there's no way to enjoy the night even with seats on the fifty yard line.

guess we will have to take our chances with security and look for empty seats in the lower orange levels.
No excuse if you what you're saying about the stadium condition is true. Even though they're planning to build a better stadium there's no reason to neglect the circumstances of the current stadium and forsake the convenience to the loyal fans. You never close off stadium bathrooms especially if you're serving beer. This is Hawaii's premiere football in the islands. Sorry, high school is high school. Common Hawaii State legislature and administration don't rob Hawaii of a future in major college football.