shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Post game thoughts vs UNLV!!!

Post by shrek2 »

Well, when they do something about these outrageous resort fees and parking expense maybe we might attract more family types to the games. Can't believe that I liked stay at the Queen Kapiolani and Aston Waikiki and they charge $35-40 resort fee plus about the same for parking. One of these places actually charges WIFI fees of $35.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Grinch wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:42 pm Last week attendance vs San Jose St - 16,367

Heard UH at UNLV attendance included about 8,000 Hawai’i fans.
When UH score or got a favorable ruling, there was a big roar and cheer. I thought I was watching a home game.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Grinch wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:42 pm Last week attendance vs San Jose St - 16,367

Heard UH at UNLV attendance included about 8,000 Hawai’i fans.
Shows you how many Hawaii ex-pats live nearby. That's why Las Vegas is called the 9th Island.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Just glad we don’t play our home games during the day, that sun was killers lol

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

ulua wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 am Just glad we don’t play our home games during the day, that sun was killers lol
i noticed that too. rolo was using shades _and_ a manila folder shade to see on the field. too bad UH didn't use those reflective visors that those 2007 QB/WRs used, might have helped with that low angle of sun.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

ubercow wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:59 pm
ulua wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 am Just glad we don’t play our home games during the day, that sun was killers lol
i noticed that too. rolo was using shades _and_ a manila folder shade to see on the field. too bad UH didn't use those reflective visors that those 2007 QB/WRs used, might have helped with that low angle of sun.
I think the NCAA banned dark visors on the helmet. Only can use clear visors. Not sure why.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

couz808 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:40 pm
I think the NCAA banned dark visors on the helmet. Only can use clear visors. Not sure why.
Didn’t realize the dark visors were band, Cole would look nuts with a dark or that chrome reflective color one.

https://images.app.goo.gl/STPwuD7JXHrEVkYf9

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

couz808 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:40 pm
ncaa and nfl allow only clear visors to promote uniform look. too many players were going out of their way to individualize their visors with colors and decals.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

And also to control the advertisers. Nike logo was slowing creeping in. I'm sure there are ways to engineer the tint with a large brand logo and not interfere with player's view. If there was in inch of space not regulated by the uniform rules, sponsor will try to get their logos on it.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Well they came out ahead and won. I think the defense did well as they shut them out in the second half. Not much else to say about the game oh yeah maybe we need to work on plays in the red zone
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

The key to UH's win imo is winning the time of possession against UNLV (substantially), 36:45 to 23:15. With the offense controlling the tempo of the game (and clock) it allowed the defense to play fresh while keeping UNLV's offense off the field and out of sync. When CM came in to start 2nd quarter, leading the team on a 16 play 72 yard drive that stalled at SD's goal line on 4-3 (the 3rd 4th down attempt of the drive) the team didn't unravel. Instead the D forced an ensuing SD punt, which was huge. With around 4 minutes left in the half, CM lead the team on 10 play 90 yard drive, that tied up the score 7-7 with around 20 seconds in the half.

UH reestablishing itself, and imposing it's will, in the second quarter proved to be a momentum change and boost as UH tied the score at the half. Another score by UNLV, and UH going down 14-0 would have been grave.

On the day UH ran 74 offensive plays to UNLV's 49, shot itself twice in the first quarter, had a 35 yard FG block at the start of the 3rd quarter and was stymied at SD goal line on 4th and 3. The defense with the two interceptions, one for a score, saved the day. Rolo faced with a 4th and 1 at his own 35 yard line with around 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter (w/ 7-7 score) and electing to punt was a good decision. I thought for sure he was going for it again. Noted a few plays later CD makes a pick 6.

Notes-

Scrutton's should be the starter (again) in the SD game, as his 2 punts of 48 and 38 are longer average wise than SG.

Regarding Meskell on kickoffs he's getting some good whip, leg, and follow thru on the ball. It's really noticeable. In the UNLV game 3 for touchbacks. That's 65-68 yards in the air.