Our formula for winning the next 4 games!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Our formula for winning the next 4 games!

Post by TheDuke »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:45 am Great reply and details. Agree and true.

But that almost seems not fair. How come the "success" is pressure on the Offense to outscore?

It's like D gets the free pass. Yes, this is the personnel D has to work with. Why can't the Office be status quo? Or just be "good." It's like if the Offense is short of perfect, the team will loose.
Great question. Both the D and O are limited by the players they have. The difference is game planning and play calling. Based on the limitations of the personnel there is more upside with the O if a game plan is effective in beating eight deep. I am not confident that Rolo and Smith can develop that kind of game plan. I think that they believe that they can beat anyone if they execute. That's their achilles heel. They don't assess their weaknesses realistically. They expect MacDonald to be successful throwing into the teeth of an 8 man D with tight passing windows and they expect their smaller receivers to beat 6', 190 lb DBs in press coverage.

The SJSU Dbs have good size. I don't know how they stack up speed wise but historically they have very good athletes. It will come down to our game plan. Can we beat press 8 deep and play calling. I hope I am wrong.