Post game thoughts vs Fresno state!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post game thoughts vs Fresno state!

Post by couz808 »

Cole wasn’t on point with his throws and the receivers weren’t any help either. When Cole did throw it accurately, the receivers couldn’t catch it. Cordeiro had the spark. Need him to start. He deserves it. The defense was non existent. Always giving up the big plays. Doesn’t matter who the QB is. If Hawaii played against Nevada again, I think the result will be different. At least special teams did good. Awesome on side kick and the 49 yd fg by meskel was wow!!!! Mwc championship out the door. Let’s concentrate on being bowl eligible. 5-4. Still need 2 more wins till we are Hawaii bowlers!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Post game thoughts vs Fresno state!

Post by RedZone »

4th and one. Quarterback sneak. No push by the oline. Why Rolo why give Fresno the short field? Our defense is struggling and you put them in that position. Why? Why? You said you learned your lesson. Really?
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None
NBA: Lakers

Post by travo66 »

Was there not 1 second left after the Fresno field goal? I mean, I know it's a longshot, but some weird things have happened at UH vs. Fresno games...
Such a roller coaster ride, but agree, the defense didn't show up to play!
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

One last thing. We come out flat in the 3rd quarter. It is something I have come to expect.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

After tonight's loss I'm having a hard time imagining that we will make it to a bowl game this year. San Jose St is dang tough regardless of their win/loss record. Fresno wasn't having a great year also and we came up short tonight. UNLV may be our best chance at one more win for the season leaving us with only 6 wins. I'll be surprised if we can squeak a win against either San Diego or Army. It's so sad how the past couple of years we start off with a bang and then mid season comes along and becomes a blunder.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

We lost the game on the second offensive possession of the 3rd quarter where we threw the ball on 3 straight plays and had to punt. Running game was working, the defense needed a rest, and Fresno was winning the time of possession. That 3 and out with almost no time coming off the clock is where the game shifted.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Starting cordeiro might be the only way attendance cracks 20k next week

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Not all on Cole. Coaches know Cole's inconsistent and inaccurate at times. Coaches should have Cole play to his strengths, his legs, when he has one of those days. Roll out, sprint out, give him the option to pass or run out of the RnS. No creativity on our O. Our D's another story, need a DC that's flexible, and able to make in game adjustments. Our schemes wrong, IMO.

Rolo said, he has a decision to make concerning his quarterbacks. I hope Cole is still the starter, if not, and he earns his degree, he'll transfer, IMO. We have a 6'4" QB that can run, use his legs, it will drive the D bonkers. I've always thought we were wasting Cole's talents the way our offense neglects his legs.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

vailima
All-conference
All-conference

Post by vailima »

Our D not good enough to help us win the close ones. Its the RNS, QB may be off, WRs may be off too...but they can’t ALL be off. Rolo looked lost, like he didn’t know how to attack FS’s defense, so I don’t think Cole should be blamed or benched.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Not much for changing starting QBs but I hope Cordeiro gets the start this week. It seems like the whole team wasn't focused. Way too many penalties and the receivers again dropped balls. It seems like we don't have receivers that can make the tough catch.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The UH offensive game plan was so boring. If the first quarter running game didn't work it would be an even longer night. It was throw the deep ball on first down, run Miles Reed on second and throw to the outside on third, blah, blah, blah. Couple of creative plays like the bubble screen and the option run. The kids look lethargic on offensive because I believe they know its not going to work.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I guess the best thing about the game was the 1000 kids that were taken to the Stadium by bus and given bento dinners donated by Marcus Mariota. Thank you Marcus Mariota for your big heart and promoting the game of football in your home state.

whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by whirlygig5 »

Need more variety of plays. Can’t just rely on. Coles arm. Cordero ran when he needed to, to pick up the first down wish Cole would do the same instead of just relying on his inconsistent arm. Need to run more play like they did when Dan Robinson was QB. They handed off to the slot receivers on server rail occasion just any thing to keep the defense guessing when things aren’t clicking for this offense it can get boring and predictable.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

fresno state qb reyna went 17 for 27 during the game.

but, during most time outs, other down time and referee reviews reyna was on the sideline tossing at least another 200 passes to his warm up crew and taking multiple snaps from under his center and from the shotgun.

i remember looking at that and thinking the kid is working hard practicing speed, accuracy and lobbing the ball, even during the game. he deserves the win.

meanwhile, 10-4 isn't that bad of a finish this season.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Maybe should have switched to Chevan sooner? I loved the end even though we lost. They didn't give up even when the fans had
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller