Post game thoughts against New Mexico

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post game thoughts against New Mexico

Post by couz808 »

The tale of two halves. I actually thought it was going to be like the Nevada game in the first half. Offense was good and the defense with the pick six was awesome. Then the 2nd half adjustments came in. Offense could only muster 10 points while the defense was giving open holes in the running game and passing game. Granted these were 2nd or 3rd stringers playing but it was a little too close for comfort. Also noticed that the New Mexico QB is not that accurate however the wide receivers were open a lot throughout the game. Lets see if the score would’ve been different if he completed those passes. Also the special teams need to work on their kick coverage. Hawaii has some cleaning up to do before the Fresno game. 2 more wins Hawaii bowl bound!!!!

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Post game thoughts against New Mexico

Post by RedZone »

This was Reeds best game. Ran really hard. I hope Farris is okay. We can’t lose any of our starters on defense. Defense played good in first half then developed major pukas in the second. We need to kickoff into the endzone every time. Our coverage team s..... At least Meskell can tackle but he really shouldn’t have had to. That tackle and Solomon’s int gave us the cushion we needed to win the game. We still come out flat in the 3rd quarter which may cost us games in the future. Cole can run when he wants to. He was our leading rusher in the game. Rolo needs to take this team off of cruise control in the 2nd half.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

The D needs to step it up. Although NM scored only 3 points in the 1st half, I didn't think the D played all that well. I think they gave up something like 190 yds in the first half. That's way too much to a team that has a QB that missed many open receivers.
I was really impressed with the D in the second half of the OSU where we shut them out, haven't been impressed too much lately.
Seems like for the second game, Cole missed on the long ball. Hope he starts to hit those.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This is time for second guessing right? At 7:16 left in the game in the fourth quarter, Hawaii has the ball at their own 28 yard line and leading 45-17. By fourth down, with Chevan Cordeiro at quarterback, they have a yard to go and it takes a lot of time to call in the play and New Mexico loads the box and they call a Hekili run where he loses one yard and gives the ball to New Mexico with 6:04 left in the game at the 36 yard line of UH. This is what made a good win into a not so good win as the score went up to 45-31 as the final and UH could have lost. IMHO, we should have punted -or- called a timeout to give the 4th down attempt a better chance for success other than a slow developing play with a handoff to the halfback. Hope our defense comes out of this weekend with no injuries. Hope the coaches learned from this experience.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Offense was great. I am suddenly nervous about the 2020 secondary.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

A knuckle-headed move by Rolo, he took the foot off the gas too early. Rolo should know better by now, he trying to be too much of a good guy. This is football, dang it...POUND THEM! smh
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

J-Rod wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:43 pm Offense was great. I am suddenly nervous about the 2020 secondary.
I hope they can bring in another JC corner like Cortez Davis.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Fresno lost today, SDSU only up 3 against UNLV with 6 minutes left. Winning ugly is definitely better than losing.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

poidog wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:31 pm Fresno lost today, SDSU only up 3 against UNLV with 6 minutes left. Winning ugly is definitely better than losing.
Air Force kicked Utah States butt.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

poidog wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:58 pm
J-Rod wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:43 pm Offense was great. I am suddenly nervous about the 2020 secondary.
+1000000
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

stranger808 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:19 am
poidog wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:58 pm
+1000000
I think we could use 2 JC CBs like Davis.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

RedZone wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:41 pm
poidog wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:31 pm Fresno lost today, SDSU only up 3 against UNLV with 6 minutes left. Winning ugly is definitely better than losing.
Air Force kicked Utah States butt.
Wyoming destroyed Nevada, 31-3. Gawd, the Wolf Pack are horrible. LOL

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Yesterday's game did nothing for recruiting.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:23 am Yesterday's game did nothing for recruiting.
If you are a db and want a really good chance to play on a team that could use you Hawaii looks really good. I heard that Alabamas defense started 6 freshman yesterday. They must have some really good players that may be looking to transfer. I would give teams like that a good look. Loaded with talent. Their backup qb looks really good too.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:06 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:23 am Yesterday's game did nothing for recruiting.
If you are a db and want a really good chance to play on a team that could use you Hawaii looks really good. I heard that Alabamas defense started 6 freshman yesterday. They must have some really good players that may be looking to transfer. I would give teams like that a good look. Loaded with talent. Their backup qb looks really good too.
I think the SEC flies under the radar with the NCAA especially Alabama. I have a hard time believing that the Tagovailoa family did not get some kind of assistance in relocating to Alabama. I don't think the coaches have anything to do with it but the alumni are passionate about their football. We could use a couple of 6'3 LBs as well as physical DBs but they're hard to find.