stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: *****OFFICIAL Air Force vs. Hawaii Game Thread*****

Post by stranger808 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:26 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 pm Hey I like Chevan, fellow Crusader, but he’s a backup for a reason. I feel like too many locals are wishing for Cole to fail just so Chevan can take over. Us Hawaii fans can’t be like that. Be better.
I'm for playing the best person to win. Doesn't matter if he's local or not. Cole was struggling overthrowing oven receivers and making bad decisions. Sure he put up over 400 yards, but he managed just 6 points in the 2nd half.

Heck Sean Schroeder threw for over 400 yards but stats are meaningless if you can't get into the endzone.

Nothing wrong with playing 2 QBs, but putting in Chevan when down 4 possessions for 2 games in a row doesn't do anthing for him or the team
Yeah, it doesn't hurt to put Chevan in for a series or 2, let Cole watch when he's off, take a step back , take a deep breath, and watch what the D is doing from the sideline. Then he can always go back in. Cole is still the starter in my book.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:26 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 pm Hey I like Chevan, fellow Crusader, but he’s a backup for a reason. I feel like too many locals are wishing for Cole to fail just so Chevan can take over. Us Hawaii fans can’t be like that. Be better.
I'm for playing the best person to win. Doesn't matter if he's local or not. Cole was struggling overthrowing oven receivers and making bad decisions. Sure he put up over 400 yards, but he managed just 6 points in the 2nd half.

Heck Sean Schroeder threw for over 400 yards but stats are meaningless if you can't get into the endzone.

Nothing wrong with playing 2 QBs, but putting in Chevan when down 4 possessions for 2 games in a row doesn't do anthing for him or the team
I agree, 400 yd's of passing don't mean a thing if you can't score, TD stats are they only thing that matters.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Disagree fellas. All that does is create a QB controversy that can split a locker room apart if not handled correctly.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:18 am Disagree fellas. All that does is create a QB controversy that can split a locker room apart if not handled correctly.
Or if done at the right time, it could win the football game. Is it better to avoid a QB controversy and lose the game?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:58 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:18 am Disagree fellas. All that does is create a QB controversy that can split a locker room apart if not handled correctly.
Or if done at the right time, it could win the football game. Is it better to avoid a QB controversy and lose the game?
Like I said “if not handled correctly”.