All-American

Re: *****OFFICIAL Air Force vs. Hawaii Game Thread*****

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:29 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 pm

That's why I'm still watching.
Should have been brought in the 2nd Qtr
Hey I like Chevan, fellow Crusader, but he’s a backup for a reason. I feel like too many locals are wishing for Cole to fail just so Chevan can take over. Us Hawaii fans can’t be like that. Be better.
I do not want to relive the McMackin hate ... Chow love syndrome. I always loved Mac. Was a bit fooled by the Chow hype. In hindsight, it was idiotic localism.

As far as Chevan, I want to see him because of his arm. And I am an old guy. I like Cole. But the look is a bit gimmicky for me.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

McDonald's a good QB, but he's way too inconsistent. Sometimes he's on, sometimes he's just off, and like today he missed open receivers that should have gone for scores. That fumble he had was a bad one, one handing it, away from his body, you could see it coming. I didn't expect an okole whopping, but heck, we got killed tonight by a better coached team. IMO
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

ulua wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:08 pm 2 years of bad Batoon D is enough
I thought Batoon came out with the wrong D, and would make adjustments, but noooooooooo. Even after halftime. No adjustments. I don't get it. We have good players on D, the scheme stunk! No one seemed to be on the perimeter, too many stacked in the box. AF turned the corner on our D with ease. The D supposed to stretch them, string them out to the sideline, but no one there to make the tackle. Crazy.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:09 pm McDonald's a good QB, but he's way too inconsistent. Sometimes he's on, sometimes he's just off, and like today he missed open receivers that should have gone for scores. That fumble he had was a bad one, one handing it, away from his body, you could see it coming. I didn't expect an okole whopping, but heck, we got killed tonight by a better coached team. IMO
I would wait until our oline blocking gets better. We also need a back who can block. Cole was getting pummeled. When that happens it all goes bad. Happy feet and eventually inaccurate passes. It did seem like we did nothing new but they were prepared for what we did.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:23 pm
I thought Batoon came out with the wrong D, and would make adjustments, but noooooooooo. Even after halftime. No adjustments. I don't get it. We have good players on D, the scheme stunk! No one seemed to be on the perimeter, too many stacked in the box. AF turned the corner on our D with ease. The D supposed to stretch them, string them out to the sideline, but no one there to make the tackle. Crazy.
I think it was Aranda who used dbs on the outside to add speed. When I saw Padello out there I felt we were doomed. We ended up chasing their players all the way to the endzone. I was like man we are slow. Can’t do much with that.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:51 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:29 pm
Should have been brought in the 2nd Qtr
Hey I like Chevan, fellow Crusader, but he’s a backup for a reason. I feel like too many locals are wishing for Cole to fail just so Chevan can take over. Us Hawaii fans can’t be like that. Be better.
I do not want to relive the McMackin hate ... Chow love syndrome. I always loved Mac. Was a bit fooled by the Chow hype. In hindsight, it was idiotic localism.

As far as Chevan, I want to see him because of his arm. And I am an old guy. I like Cole. But the look is a bit gimmicky for me.
When I saw Cole over throwing our receivers is when I thought maybe they should give Chevan a shot. He throws a nice long ball. Sometimes all it takes is to make a change to make good things happen. Coach keeps saying how he has 3 qbs who can play.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

RedZone wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:29 pm
I think it was Aranda who used dbs on the outside to add speed. When I saw Padello out there I felt we were doomed. We ended up chasing their players all the way to the endzone. I was like man we are slow. Can’t do much with that.
yeah, Aranda ran a 4-4. Batoon was using a 3-4. Batoon should have checked Aranda's tape. lol

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Another thing, maybe its just me (easy to spot little stuff when we get spanked), but anyone else notice when Smart got tackled on our sidelines, not one person encouraged him, ran over there to pick him up off the ground? The whole game seemed like players were playing on their own, by themselves. No one picking another teammate up. It could be just me, I'm at work bouncing from watching on TV to actually working. The team seems flat, unless we score, then one or two celebrate.

Oh, and I didn't think Stovall should have been pulled from the game. He shouldn't have tossed the ball to the AF player, but it was a toss, not a bullet pass to the face. Perhaps, a no no from the coach and let him play. When an O-lineman gets a personal foul, they usually stay in and play.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

That was a total @ss kicking. I didn't see what Stovall did. I thought he was hurt, thats why he wasn't in. Didn't think Hensley deserved the PF. I thought he was protecting the receiver.
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 pm Hey I like Chevan, fellow Crusader, but he’s a backup for a reason. I feel like too many locals are wishing for Cole to fail just so Chevan can take over. Us Hawaii fans can’t be like that. Be better.
You've got me wrong. Cole is the starter but he's been flustered in the second half of many games. Sometimes you have to put in the backup to settle nerves. In this game, there were so many overthrown balls....among other things. Timmy Chang's benching worked wonders for him.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Irse wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:53 pm That was a total @ss kicking. I didn't see what Stovall did. I thought he was hurt, thats why he wasn't in. Didn't think Hensley deserved the PF. I thought he was protecting the receiver.
Stovall fair caught a ball, after the whistle, Stovall tossed the ball (softly) to the AF coverage guy ( i don't know if words were exchanged, it didn't look like it to me) . A personal foul was called on Stovall, then he was not in the game anymore. As for Hensley, yes, I agree with you, he just pushed an AF player away after a borderline late hit on our player, and he got called for a personal foul.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

So is Rolo going to redshirt Victor?

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

RedZone wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:03 pm So is Rolo going to redshirt Victor?
No word, but I think he will. Perhaps use victor in a (crosses finger) MW championship game or bowl game. We're not short on good WR/Slots, so I think he redshirts.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

oops forgot to post something lol.

I agree, I was wondering where our outside help was too, we had all our guys stacked in the middle leaving the outside open all night
Last edited by ulua on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 pm Hey I like Chevan, fellow Crusader, but he’s a backup for a reason. I feel like too many locals are wishing for Cole to fail just so Chevan can take over. Us Hawaii fans can’t be like that. Be better.
I'm for playing the best person to win. Doesn't matter if he's local or not. Cole was struggling overthrowing oven receivers and making bad decisions. Sure he put up over 400 yards, but he managed just 6 points in the 2nd half.

Heck Sean Schroeder threw for over 400 yards but stats are meaningless if you can't get into the endzone.

Nothing wrong with playing 2 QBs, but putting in Chevan when down 4 possessions for 2 games in a row doesn't do anthing for him or the team