*****Official Hawaii vs. Boise Game Thread*****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *****Official Hawaii vs. Boise Game Thread*****

Post by RedZone »

couz808 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 pm Gotta look at the positives. In 2016, we got smashed by Boise at home. Tonight we still lost big but not as bad as before and we score 37 points. When was the last time we scored 37 points in Boise? Rolovich has improved the team but were not quite there yet. We can compete with the Nevada’s and San Diego states and hopefully Fresno state. #phase3 will be when we can compete for the MWC championship against Boise and maybe reach for a New Years bowl.
I must be wrong but I thought that Phase 2 was competing for the MWC? How many phases are there? 100? Our offense needs to be more consistent. Especially on the road. You know who no more holding please. I didn’t think that the MWC would want a Boise loss so I didn’t expect the close calls to go our way.

Our next opponent will be tough. We need to get rid of the ugly games that we have been playing. So far we have only 1 really good game that we have played. No more good enough. I think we have better players than that.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:45 am The players who lost it in the match was Eperone Moananu who took a swing that cost Hawaii a personal foul penalty and Marquise Stovall who started mouthing off after a hit out of bounds which caused for offsetting penalties. Otherwise it seemed like Boise players were baiting Hawaii players a lot during the game and most did not take the bait.
Very costly penalties. Seemed worse to me after watching Mililani vs Punahou where a dlineman dived on a pile late and got a penalty. It was that drive that got Punahou’s kicker close enough to make a field goal in a 3 - 0 win. UH needs to look at these 2 teams and St Louis for linebackers. They have some really good ones.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:58 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:45 am The players who lost it in the match was Eperone Moananu who took a swing that cost Hawaii a personal foul penalty and Marquise Stovall who started mouthing off after a hit out of bounds which caused for offsetting penalties. Otherwise it seemed like Boise players were baiting Hawaii players a lot during the game and most did not take the bait.
Very costly penalties. Seemed worse to me after watching Mililani vs Punahou where a dlineman dived on a pile late and got a penalty. It was that drive that got Punahou’s kicker close enough to make a field goal in a 3 - 0 win. UH needs to look at these 2 teams and St Louis for linebackers. They have some really good ones.
If UH wants to get to the big time, they gotta get deaf ears and not get frustrated. Happens in every sport, where you pick on the guy in baseball who has "rabbit ears" and you trash talk in basketball. RE linebackers, we lost Pritchard who is key at linebacker in the first quarter. Couldn't believe that Holani broke out of Solomon Matautia's tackle who is probably the best at the linebacker position toward the end of the game.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

RedZone wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:52 am
couz808 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:55 pm Gotta look at the positives. In 2016, we got smashed by Boise at home. Tonight we still lost big but not as bad as before and we score 37 points. When was the last time we scored 37 points in Boise? Rolovich has improved the team but were not quite there yet. We can compete with the Nevada’s and San Diego states and hopefully Fresno state. #phase3 will be when we can compete for the MWC championship against Boise and maybe reach for a New Years bowl.
I must be wrong but I thought that Phase 2 was competing for the MWC? How many phases are there? 100? Our offense needs to be more consistent. Especially on the road. You know who no more holding please. I didn’t think that the MWC would want a Boise loss so I didn’t expect the close calls to go our way.

Our next opponent will be tough. We need to get rid of the ugly games that we have been playing. So far we have only 1 really good game that we have played. No more good enough. I think we have better players than that.
The MWC obviously wanted Boise to win. The refs were blatantly calling plays in favor of Boise in the first half. With their help and UH losing the game, Boise's chances to have an undefeated season looks favorable with the rest of their season schedule. If Boise remains undefeated, the conference could receive a financial payday for Boise to attend a bowl championship game.

Still, Boise does have a top 25 team. Their defense caused several of the fumbles, their defensive secondary did a good job jamming our receivers and their best pass rusher will play on Sundays.

We still need to improve on our recruiting RB's with blocking abilities during blitzes when we know our opponent has the nation's sack leader. Smaller backs will have challenges picking up blocks by Louisiana Tech's DE at last year's bowl game and Boise's lead pass rusher, to give our QB time to go through his progressions. Having someone like Mauia as running back would have helped give Cole more time for his reads. Azia could have been that RB, he was an MVP RB in HS.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

According to the ESPN crew, they said Hawaii was BSU's biggest threat in their schedule to getting to a NY Bowl. So much for the rest of the MWC schedule and BYU.

Markazulu
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Markazulu »

Turnovers, drops, penalties. Hawaii has shown ability but has been there own worst enemy. Keep playing hard and lets hope we can get a rematch with boise in December.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Choked again vs. Boise, unfrickin believable!!!! I swear UH could have the #1 defense in the country and they would choke in Boise.....WTF is it with them!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

We were in this game until the fumble call that was a forward pass.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

TheDuke wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:02 am We were in this game until the fumble call that was a forward pass.
Yeah, that was a bad call considering the ball went beyond the line of scrimmage. Even looking at it objectively, not as a Hawaii fan, his arm was going forward. Bad call MWC.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I could not believe the Pritchard call. 2 players lowering their heads hitting the hole. When I saw Boise player doing the same thing later on I was surprised to see no flag.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

RedZone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:39 am I could not believe the Pritchard call. 2 players lowering their heads hitting the hole. When I saw Boise player doing the same thing later on I was surprised to see no flag.
targeting calls at the line of scrimmage are such bs

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

poidog wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:08 pm
stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:08 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:35 pm The stupid 4th down call was the beginning of the end. Got to be the worst decision in UH history
Yes, that was a bad call on Rolo. Too early for him to hit the panic button. But from what I've seen, Rolo 's an impatient play caller and game manager. Still, I would not trade him for any other coach in the country.
Mcmackin going for it on 4th down in Boise in 2010 was worse.
The 2010 game wasn't worst.
2010 we were down 21-0 in the 2nd
2019 we were down 17-7 in the 2nd

2010 we went for it 4-1 on Boise's 34
2019 we went for it 4-1 from our own 35

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

In 2004, we were down 21-0 in the 1st Qtr to Fresno St when JJ called a fake punt on our 19 on 4th and 17. Kurt Milne threw an incomplete pass

IN 2017, we were down 21-7 in the 2nd Qtr to UCLA when Rolo called a fake punt on 29 on 4th and 22. Stan Gaudion ran for 19 yards.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Ughh...all the McMackin hating despite him delivering a championship. He also unleashed Aranda and Rolovich. Oooo...we got beat by Notre Dame in the Hawaii Bowl with Golden Tate...what a terrible loss. I still rate BYU as our arch-nemesis. Boise is a ...what the...