Next game: most important in years

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Next game: most important in years

Post by st808 »

WarriorTyme wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:11 pm Even though Boise State doesn't have Chris Peterson as Head Coach (he did stomp us again at Washington couple weeks go) we still got to respect Boise State... Rolo teams do play better on the road but this game is at Boise. Hawaii hasn't done well at Boise and we should remember that. I'm not saying Hawaii cannot win, I'm saying its a 99% chance Hawaii loses but still has a slim chance for the huge upset. I'm hoping for the upset win...
ESPN is giving the warriors a 21% chance of winning.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

It was more than just Chris Petersen that stymied Hawaii when we played them. There have been many successful head coaches at BSU that have whooped us. We didn't have a complete team. I think we've finally achieved that. Granted, the individual components may fail but we've got a team. It feels like 2006 all over again but I accept that football is a game of random odds.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Get chance!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

I get why folks can see it that way, but I don’t. Worse case(and honestly, most likely scenario)we leave Boise at 4-2. That’s probably closer to an exact reverse(2-4)as to where most people(me included)had us at. I see this game as a no pressure, house money type of game. Prepare well, go play your game, let’s see what happens. We’re in good shape either way.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

daddy wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:48 pm I get why folks can see it that way, but I don’t. Worse case(and honestly, most likely scenario)we leave Boise at 4-2. That’s probably closer to an exact reverse(2-4)as to where most people(me included)had us at. I see this game as a no pressure, house money type of game. Prepare well, go play your game, let’s see what happens. We’re in good shape either way.
We need to go right at them. Throw the rock and keep throwing. Cole not stupid. He can watch their tapes like they watch his. Exploit their weak points. Go down shooting. Full blast. No shame mo’fo’s :hello1:

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

No pressure

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

415hawaiiboy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:02 pm No pressure
Swhat I say. Win or lose, just play a good game.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

After UH’s route over Nevada at Nevada last week, now I wish our bye came after the Boise game it would have been nice to go straight into this game with that confidence and momentum, bye could be good or bad it all depends on the situation I guess.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

The hype for this game is starting to remind me of the hype surrounding our basketball team’s 1997 matchup with Fresno—Chris Herren’s 1st game in front of our fans. A win that night would’ve clinched an NCAA berth for our team (led by AC and Alika).
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

After the Boise beat down, I believe our next game is the most important game. ;-)
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:54 pm After the Boise beat down, I believe our next game is the most important game. ;-)
Yes, a must win game. Not to be taken lightly.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

UH gave the game away with 3 first half turnovers and the boneheaded 4th down try inside their own 40 yard line.

During the first half, the D was attacking then they played more zone and rushed three, which allowed the superior talent to shine. The DBs are still subpar and no schema can hide that fact. Also, the O pulled back on long throws. Ward and Bryd had a case of the dropsies.

UH scored almost 40 and was respectable, but if we are being honest, Boise got better talent hands down.

UH also needs sub packages with Stovall, Vitor and Cole - jet sweeps, Wildcat with Vitor and Stovall at RB - he was one hell of a RB in HS. Where the heck did the trap blocking, pull blocking for runs and shovel pass go? Plus, with those drops, why didn't out WRs get their shot? I'm I the only fan fed up with #57? He is prone to penalties and the coaches never sit him.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I don't think you can ever take Air Force lightly.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

TheDuke wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:39 am I don't think you can ever take Air Force lightly.
Air Force opened -3 in Vegas against UH. Taking a favorite lightly would be unwise.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:05 am
TheDuke wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:39 am I don't think you can ever take Air Force lightly.
Air Force opened -3 in Vegas against UH. Taking a favorite lightly would be unwise.
They look really good in their last game. Their oline fires out low and fast. Watch your knees. Their qb can throw when needed. To beat a team like this we need to score early and control the ball on offense. They will hit us hard up the middle cause they think that they can. Should be a good test for our dline and linebackers.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: