Post game thoughts vs Nevada!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Post game thoughts vs Nevada!!!

Post by TheDuke »

Like Wow laulau. This game took me by complete surprise. I was hopeful but counting this one as a loss.

Total Warrior domination across all phases of the game. If this team can play like this every game this team can be SPECIAL.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Khoury Bethley has got to be one of the better open field tacklers in the UH defensive backfield.

I don't know what goes on in the locker room so I kinda wonder how much affect the coaches along with Rolo have to do with this amazing start to the season.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

LOL This is the team we always wish UH was. I am happy now to know they have it in them. Good work team. Get ready for Boise. Win or loose we love you but WIN! LOL
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Great to watch a nearly perfect game. I think this put teams on notice that this years team can turn it on and be unstoppable in all 3 phases. #BowlGaneReady #WarriorsIMUA

Few things that I noticed on O and D;
1) The O line is blocking way better and has decreased penalties - expect #57 he always has bonehead penalties
2) WRs are running crisp routes and appeared wide open on most plays - Byrd and Ward are potent
3) Wa'a played his butt off and made some key run blocks
3) Vega, Taala, Mutuaia, Hicks, Padello and Bethley played well and the D swarmed all night - #5 is legit and IMO the best DB in space UH has had in a while
4) Special teams made plays, blocked a punt and kick cover has produced some awesome hits
5) There's definitely passion in the eyes of the players and coaches and it obviously showed in their play
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Good point ... kick off coverage team was running down field on fire.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

One thing that Hawaii is going to have to do going forward is not to snap after the clap for ball. Alabama messed up Ole Miss in the shotgun when one of the defensive backs on the line clapped and the whole offensive line moved on the opposite side of the defender that clapped. Didn't Colt Brennan shout the cadence in Samoan?

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:31 pm Didn't Colt Brennan shout the cadence in Samoan?
Yes Colt Brennan did. I think it's a good idea to bring that back. Maybe not Samoan, because UH's line is not "mostly" Samoan like it once did. Plus, also today, the opposing team D-Line probably include 1-2 Samoan players.

Isn't Cole McDonald (small) part Filipino? Maybe he should shout the cadence in Tagalog?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:31 pm One thing that Hawaii is going to have to do going forward is not to snap after the clap for ball. Alabama messed up Ole Miss in the shotgun when one of the defensive backs on the line clapped and the whole offensive line moved on the opposite side of the defender that clapped. Didn't Colt Brennan shout the cadence in Samoan?
I thought that was a penalty to do that. I've seen it called before. Just like the D can't say hut, hut.
ImageImage

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Irse wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 am I thought that was a penalty to do that. I've seen it called before. Just like the D can't say hut, hut.
what I want to know, is it illegal for someone with a camera to do that?
not saying that I did that...
from behind the endline when the other team was coming out of their own endzone...
and they jumped and got flagged for false start...
but in case that did supposedly happen, was that illegal? :lol:

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Cole was awarded Mountain west Offensive Player of the Week https://themw.com/news/2019/9/29/mounta ... pt-30.aspx
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Irse wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:31 pm One thing that Hawaii is going to have to do going forward is not to snap after the clap for ball. Alabama messed up Ole Miss in the shotgun when one of the defensive backs on the line clapped and the whole offensive line moved on the opposite side of the defender that clapped. Didn't Colt Brennan shout the cadence in Samoan?
I thought that was a penalty to do that. I've seen it called before. Just like the D can't say hut, hut.
The defense cannot simulate the snap count: http://blogs.hudsonvalley.com/west-poin ... g-signals/

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

The defense cannot simulate the snap count: http://blogs.hudsonvalley.com/west-poin ... g-signals/
[/quote]

the rule applies to verbal simulations and signals. clapping is outside of the rule. wonder what it would be like if the crowd could coordinate claps after the offense sets.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 am
In the game I was watching, half of the line was offsides and then the television isolated on the Alabama DB who was on the line that slapped his hands. So, the referee did not catch the Alabama defensive back if it is illegal. I suspect that Boise State and Fresno State are more than willing to do that to win the game.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

The clap is not the snap signal. It's to let the C know the QB is ready for the snap. The C snaps when he's ready. There's always a delay between the clap and the snap. If the C can't hear the clap, the G will watch the QB and the QB will stomp his foot to tell the G that he's ready for the snap. Then the G taps the C to let him know.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:41 am Khoury Bethley has got to be one of the better open field tacklers in the UH defensive backfield.

I don't know what goes on in the locker room so I kinda wonder how much affect the coaches along with Rolo have to do with this amazing start to the season.
the open field tackle on taua was textbook.