Post game thoughts against C. Arkansas!!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post game thoughts against C. Arkansas!!!!

Post by couz808 »

Fumbles fumbles fumbles from reed and that punt return from smart. Need to fix that. Defense played good especially from Kai kaneshiro with the pick 6. Now he just needs to heal his ankle. Cole needs to watch out throwing the pick but he did improve from last week. Glad to see victor and smart get a TD! Nevada is going to be tough next week. Can’t be making mistakes or it’s going to be a long game. 3-1 ain’t to shabby. 4 more wins till Hawaii bowl bound!

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: Post game thoughts against C. Arkansas!!!!

Post by stranger808 »

Yes, the turnovers. Gotta fix it. We lead the country in turnovers. A quarter of the season's completed, and ball security's an issue. This is the stuff you have to have worked out after the first game. Tackling is another problem, wrap and tackle. If we clean up the fundamentals we could be a very, very good team, right now, I think we're a good team. Hopefully, we get Okeke, Pritchard, Vaipolu, Picanco, Kaneshiro, Stovall and the rest of the injured back for Nevada.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

score early and score often seems to be the way these cardiac kids will win their games. nothing's boring about their play. like a roller coaster with no seat belts this team hits the screw turns at full speed and recovers just as quick. just wish they would toss in less screw turns along the way to the win.

did i miss something or did it seem that rolo was concentrating on the quick slants and outs to cure cole from straying from the system?

3-1 at this point in the season is exceptional for hawaii.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

They don't have a big play yet. The ability to score in less than one minute with a long run or long pass. Most of their drives were dinks and dunks with first down in two downs on the good drives but the longest plays were for less than 30 yards.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Lack of a decent run game does not forebode well in the coming weeks.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:43 am Lack of a decent run game does not forebode well in the coming weeks.
Agree.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:43 am Lack of a decent run game does not forebode well in the coming weeks.
Didn't realize what Vaipulu means to the offensive line until Saturday. Maybe no more essential player on the team. He exchanged his pads for street clothes and suddenly Cole was taking a hit every other down.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

J-Rod wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:53 pm
Didn't realize what Vaipulu means to the offensive line until Saturday. Maybe no more essential player on the team. He exchanged his pads for street clothes and suddenly Cole was taking a hit every other down.
I think he is our best run blocker. It would also help if we had Levao in there too.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Wait...we had 168 rushing against Arizona....102 against OSU...147 against Washington...and 128 last night. That's 545 yards rushing for the first 4 games. It's not rushing that's the problem but turnovers. Fumbles lost: 6/8. Interceptions: 9 for 89 yards. Oh...and I might also add that we can't kick field goals: we are 2/7 on field goals this year. :oops: When has this ever happened at Hawaii?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link
UH put out a nice hype video of the game.

the808warrior
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by the808warrior »

Been a while since I've posted, but I was thinking about all these young wrs gaining experience and if cole were to bounce to the nfl after this season chevan would be set up with talented guys ready. Does anyone think his first full year will be the payoff year we been waiting for? I say this cause the R&S is so dependent on guys learning to read D and know were to be making especially college players with 4 years to play kinda in limbo till they get on board with the program. I see Chevan reaping massive benefits from Cole and company work the past 2 seasons