When the Lights Go Down in the City (.... Stadium)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

When the Lights Go Down in the City (.... Stadium)

Post by BigWave96744 »

Saturday's Lights Out problem at Aloha Stadium for the St Louis/Kahuku game would have been a nightmare if UH had a home game. I hope it was a one time occurrence and not something requiring a major overhaul.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: When the Lights Go Down in the City (.... Stadium)

Post by couz808 »

It’s a sign. Coming soon in 2023!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:12 pm Saturday's Lights Out problem at Aloha Stadium for the St Louis/Kahuku game would have been a nightmare if UH had a home game. I hope it was a one time occurrence and not something requiring a major overhaul.
It didn’t really have anything to do with the stadium. Had more to do with HECO’s grid. I was watching the game at home and had a power surge the same time as it happened at the stadium. Plus it apparently happpened elsewhere on the island.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

It was fine. Lights powered back on after maybe only a 10 minute delay. Other than pride, was a rather meaningless game for Kahuku since it doesn't count for record and they were already down four scores.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

I hate to see Aloha Stadium go, it's one of the few football stadiums that most football fans across our nation recognize. From the days of the Hula Bowl, to the Pro Bowl to Hawaii Bowl, those orange, blue, yellow seating sections stood out against the rust color (or was it real rust) frame of Aloha Stadium. lol
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.