Post game thoughts vs Oregon State!!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post game thoughts vs Oregon State!!!!

Post by couz808 »

Ryan Meskell needs to get better but at least he made it when it counted. Cole improved from the Arizona game but he can still be much better. JoJo is the new Byrd tonight. He must’ve eaten bird for breakfast. Love it! Defense was getting burned by the runs but at least our passing defense has improved and also shut our osu in 2nd half. Washington got upset by Cal so we get chance next week? 5 more wins to the Hawaii bowl!!!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Post game thoughts vs Oregon State!!!!

Post by Irse »

He need to clean up some things but it's good to be 2-0 against PAC 12 teams. Impressed with the D in the 2nd half. No points given up.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

OSU was hoping to win 3 out of the first 4 games and counted on Hawaii and Cal Poly as two out of the three wins. Based on their lack of discipline, I don't see them beating Stanford after Cal Poly.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Sorry, meant to say we need to clean up things, not he. I think Cole did some great things. Need to get better results on FGs and need quicker adjustments on D. Hopefully we can avoid the injury bug for once.
ImageImage

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

another very exciting game. Good to come out with a win.
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Did you guys see the OSU player punch another OSU player in the head on the sideline after being called for offsetting personal fouls? The guy that got hit was wearing his helmet but I'm surprised by the uncontrollable behavior. Also, there was an altercation at the end of the game by OSU supposedly throwing some punches after the play was over. Anybody catch what happened? Glad UH had the win with class attitude.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 am Did you guys see the OSU player punch another OSU player in the head on the sideline after being called for offsetting personal fouls? The guy that got hit was wearing his helmet but I'm surprised by the uncontrollable behavior. Also, there was an altercation at the end of the game by OSU supposedly throwing some punches after the play was over. Anybody catch what happened? Glad UH had the win with class attitude.
Matautia ran into #63 on the last play. #63 put a forearm up into Matautia. Matautia pushes #63 from behind. #63 takes three swings at Matautia. The sequence starts at 0:13 of this video:
https://twitter.com/CodyWKrupp/status/1170633310600486917

passepartout
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NFL: Americas team

Post by passepartout »

Legit team be that just needs to clean things up. Wasn't sure about us after the AZ win but two in a row over the PAC gives us some cred.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 am Did you guys see the OSU player punch another OSU player in the head on the sideline after being called for offsetting personal fouls? The guy that got hit was wearing his helmet but I'm surprised by the uncontrollable behavior.
https://twitter.com/elijah_moritz/status/1170595722900594690

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

uhwarriors wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:59 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 am Also, there was an altercation at the end of the game by OSU supposedly throwing some punches after the play was over. Anybody catch what happened? Glad UH had the win with class attitude.
Matautia ran into #63 on the last play. #63 put a forearm up into Matautia. Matautia pushes #63 from behind. #63 takes three swings at Matautia. The sequence starts at 0:13 of this video: https://twitter.com/CodyWKrupp/status/1170633310600486917
https://twitter.com/elijah_moritz/status/1170605742019080193

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 am Did you guys see the OSU player punch another OSU player in the head on the sideline after being called for offsetting personal fouls? The guy that got hit was wearing his helmet but I'm surprised by the uncontrollable behavior. Also, there was an altercation at the end of the game by OSU supposedly throwing some punches after the play was over. Anybody catch what happened? Glad UH had the win with class attitude.
Matautia ran into #63 on the last play. #63 put a forearm up into Matautia. Matautia pushes #63 from behind. #63 takes three swings at Matautia. The sequence starts at 0:13 of this video:

https://twitter.com/CodyWKrupp/status/1 ... 0600486917
In the NFL, players get fined. The NCAA does nothing? NCAA is a great teacher, not to mention Jonathan Smith. OSU builds character. Thanks for the video uhwarriors.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

couz808 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:53 pm Ryan Meskell needs to get better but at least he made it when it counted.
I never thought he was good at all. The kicking game has been horrible post Scott Harding. And because Harding, I think UH thought that Australia is breeding ground to good kickers. Yes, he was most improved last year, but I don't think it is a part of him. Meaning, there are C students that can get a A. But there are those A students that consistently get A's. Kicking should almost be automatic. Perhaps Rigoberto Sanchez spoiled us.

Overall, I hope UH play OSU again. I think that is a real rivalry with "hate" built in. Recall the Rolo Show when he talked about it. You can tell there is still fire there. Ok, to be PC, he has to say, he is past that.

Players as sons, feed off what the father feels. So players take issue with OSU. The game was a bit ugly, chippy, etc. But that's good football there. Lots of emotions. A different kind of emotions.

Take last years SJ game. It was emotional. Both teams did well but only one team can win. UH vs OSU, there's a lot of hate in that game, brewing for a long time.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

What a real football game that was! I'm not gonna overanalyze any of it. We look pretty good for the conference.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

2-0. More wins vs. the P5 in the last few weeks than the 5+ years prior. Curious to see how this offense looks against a defense that isn't horrible.

Not getting carried away though. This week's contest will reveal a lot about UH.

Irse

Post by Irse »

https://twitter.com/CodyWKrupp/status/1170633310600486917
If he throws punches after the game, does he get suspended for the next game?
ImageImage