Oregon State Game Free on Facebook for Out-of-State Viewers

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Oregon State Game Free on Facebook for Out-of-State Viewers

Post by uhwarriors »

In Hawaii, the 6 p.m. non-conference game at Aloha Stadium will be available via pay-per-view to Spectrum and Hawaiian Telcom customers. But, viewers outside Hawaii can access it free on Facebook.

It is the third year that UH’s conference, the Mountain West, has had partnered with Facebook but a first for the Rainbow Warriors who will have seven of their games on that platform this year. The MWC controls UH’s TV rights.

OSU and UH said they are awaiting additional information from the MWC to aid Mainland viewers.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/09/ ... crambling/

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Oregon State Game Free on Facebook for Out-of-State Viewers

Post by shrek2 »

So, for those of us who choose not to be on facebook, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the streaming? If I can stream, I can get it to my tv.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:16 am So, for those of us who choose not to be on facebook, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the streaming? If I can stream, I can get it to my tv.
You could create an account with maximum privacy settings, no friends, and a junk email address. Then later kill the account. As long as you are not in Hawaii.

Kili
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: Toronto Raptors
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Post by Kili »

uhwarriors wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:30 pm
In Hawaii, the 6 p.m. non-conference game at Aloha Stadium will be available via pay-per-view to Spectrum and Hawaiian Telcom customers. But, viewers outside Hawaii can access it free on Facebook.

It is the third year that UH’s conference, the Mountain West, has had partnered with Facebook but a first for the Rainbow Warriors who will have seven of their games on that platform this year. The MWC controls UH’s TV rights.

OSU and UH said they are awaiting additional information from the MWC to aid Mainland viewers.
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/09/ ... crambling/
So as far as I understand, this applies for international viewers abroad too?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

UnBiasFan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:51 am
shrek2 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:16 am So, for those of us who choose not to be on facebook, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get the streaming? If I can stream, I can get it to my tv.
You could create an account with maximum privacy settings, no friends, and a junk email address. Then later kill the account. As long as you are not in Hawaii.
Multiple games may be on this year and maybe in future years. I made a fake account to play some games without it being on my real account. I would make an account with a fake name or a dog's name.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:00 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:51 am
Multiple games may be on this year and maybe in future years. I made a fake account to play some games without it being on my real account. I would make an account with a fake name or a dog's name.
Thanks this makes the most sense. I already worked a full month+ to try to get myself off of all these websites that charge users for info. You can be a target for identity theft or worse. One site in Boston required that you send your DL id and specify when your reason was 1) law enforcement, 2) threats made to your life or 3) Other. Still it took a while after to get myself off that site. !$##!%$@%$

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I suppose this is the first time. But anyone know how it suppose to work? Ok, so I'm on Facebook, now what? Where do I go? What group, etc, etc.

How would FB know I'm interested in the game? I imagine millions of people on FB will not be interested.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 am I suppose this is the first time. But anyone know how it suppose to work? Ok, so I'm on Facebook, now what? Where do I go? What group, etc, etc.

How would FB know I'm interested in the game? I imagine millions of people on FB will not be interested.
+1. HTF. I know they did the SF Giants a couple of times in the past but who cares about the Giants when they're losing?

Txbow

Post by Txbow »

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

And for mainland fans to watch OUR BIG GAME; OSU @ HAWAII:

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Hey, did anybody try to use Google Chrome to broadcast from a laptop or cell to their television and have problems in the second half? Any network gurus out there that can help with why? Speed of network or facebook filter?
Last edited by shrek2 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buger
Starter
Starter

Post by Buger »

I did not want to install the Facebook app on my phone so was happy to be able to pull it up on my laptop in a browser window.

I used the stadium app to watch games last year but this game wasn't available on stadium