MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: *****OFFICIAL Hawaii vs Oregon St Game Thread*****

Post by wyokie »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:57 am
wyokie wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:54 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:49 am

Thanks. We don't play Wyoming or Texas State this year. We don't swim in your toilet so don't pee in our pool.
You just might if both teams keep winning....i.e. the Mountain West Conference Championship game in either Honolulu or in Laramie.
Two chances, slim and none. This thread is about Hawaii and Oregon State. Verstehen Sie?
You never know. I honestly didn't think UW had a shot against Missouri but....here we are. It just might happen.

Nice win for the Rainbow Warriors btw.

UH95
Starter
Starter

Post by UH95 »

I give credit to UH's D for stepping it up in the second half and shutting OSU out!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

wyokie wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:16 am You never know. I honestly didn't think UW had a shot against Missouri but....here we are. It just might happen.

Lol death, taxes, and wyokie overreacting to results. He'll do a full 180 and want Bohl fired if they lose to Tulsa.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

UH95 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:20 am I give credit to UH's D for stepping it up in the second half and shutting OSU out!
Exactly. great halftime adjustments.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:59 am
wyokie wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:16 am You never know. I honestly didn't think UW had a shot against Missouri but....here we are. It just might happen.

Lol death, taxes, and wyokie overreacting to results. He'll do a full 180 and want Bohl fired if they lose to Tulsa.
I'll be at that game btw.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Makana wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 am Rolovich needs to find a way other than using his QB to run right up the B-gaps. I prefer to have my starting QB intact for the upcoming season. I swear I cringe every time McDonald takes off. Oregon St. D-lineman knew McDonald was gonna keep the ball and just said screw rush with all my might and nearly flatten MCDonald.
Half of Cole's runs look like they were option when the receiver wasn't open and one he actually ran out of bounds. In the first half or three quarters he slid when he kind of ran a pistol type offense. It was in the fourth quarter it looked like Cole was taking it on himself to put his head down for the first down which were crucial first downs. From what I could see, there were only a few designed run plays as opposed to running when the pass wasn't there.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:37 am
This sh!t look like a he was holding onto the football too long, to you :43 mark?
He ran the ball twice successfully. I would've liked to have seen more. That clip you presented doesn't show Cole taking too much damage. If anything, he could be faulted for diving head first on the two runs executed.

=; I ain't trollin' you, dude. We just see the game differently.

Link

May I counter clip with a coach quote at 2:30 into Rolo's post game interview? He says Cole ran tougher. He thought Cole did a better job running the ball.
Last edited by SundayJam on Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I love the toss option.We just need to be selective when we use it. Teams will take the toss away and force Cole to run with it and that is when he can be exposed to a LB.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Irse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:25 am
UH95 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:20 am I give credit to UH's D for stepping it up in the second half and shutting OSU out!
Exactly. great halftime adjustments.
I think Coach also mentioning greater effort by players.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:47 am
Makana wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 am Rolovich needs to find a way other than using his QB to run right up the B-gaps. I prefer to have my starting QB intact for the upcoming season. I swear I cringe every time McDonald takes off. Oregon St. D-lineman knew McDonald was gonna keep the ball and just said screw rush with all my might and nearly flatten MCDonald.
Half of Cole's runs look like they were option when the receiver wasn't open and one he actually ran out of bounds. In the first half or three quarters he slid when he kind of ran a pistol type offense. It was in the fourth quarter it looked like Cole was taking it on himself to put his head down for the first down which were crucial first downs. From what I could see, there were only a few designed run plays as opposed to running when the pass wasn't there.
Bingo, a much better explanation than I gave or actually saw.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Makana wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:42 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:10 am I wonder if we watched the same game. There were very few designed runs by McDonald. Most runs by Cole were a result of him holding onto the ball too long. Great offensive line protection.
Hmmm...OKAY...I guess he DID say it better. I get that you don't like interacting with your elders but this is a forum. I can't see much difference between what I wrote and what shrek2 wrote.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:14 am
Makana wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:42 pm

SundayJam wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:10 am I wonder if we watched the same game. There were very few designed runs by McDonald. Most runs by Cole were a result of him holding onto the ball too long. Great offensive line protection.
Hmmm...OKAY...I guess he DID say it better. I get that you don't like interacting with your elders but this is a forum. I can't see much difference between what I wrote and what shrek2 wrote.
Don't take anything too personal on this forum, SundayJam. We're all filled with emotion sometimes when it comes to sports. It's a good outlet for our feelings. Your insight is valued.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:10 am Don't take anything too personal on this forum, SundayJam. We're all filled with emotion sometimes when it comes to sports. It's a good outlet for our feelings. Your insight is valued.
No worries. I was neither taking it personal nor making it personal. I simply liked the possibility of a running quarterback. Running quarterbacks like Jalen Hurts, McKenzie...Tua...among others....bring things to another level. Granted, McKenzie Milton did suffer a possibly career ending freak accident running the ball. Never-the-less, the added weapon of a running quarterback is always a game changer.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm
shrek2 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:10 am Don't take anything too personal on this forum, SundayJam. We're all filled with emotion sometimes when it comes to sports. It's a good outlet for our feelings. Your insight is valued.
No worries. I was neither taking it personal nor making it personal. I simply liked the possibility of a running quarterback. Running quarterbacks like Jalen Hurts, McKenzie...Tua...among others....bring things to another level. Granted, McKenzie Milton did suffer a possibly career ending freak accident running the ball. Never-the-less, the added weapon of a running quarterback is always a game changer.
Unfortunately, in the college game, the best quarterbacks can run or are expected to run. So, you gotta expect that there's the possibility of injury. In the R&S, the QB has to run as an option to keep the defense honest.