Receivers

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Receivers

Post by TheDuke »

at the right time, empty backfield with 5 receivers with speed would be very dangerous for opposing teams. Personnally I would like to see Smart, Philips, Stovall, Byrd and Ward. One of these five should be able to find some space even with 8 defenders.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I read that the Huskies D goes:
- 2 d-linemen
- 4 lbs
- 5 dbs

I’m assuming 1 or 2 lbs lined up as hybrid ends?
I wonder how Rolo gonna attack the Husky D?
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:07 am
Irse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:51 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:59 am Would like to see Stovall get more playing time than Sharsh. Stovall is a little more athletic.
He's a playmaker but he has to learn the offense. I hope with this experience with the O, he will pick it up quicker.
The thing I also like about Stovall is he is a big time player. He has good vision on a punt and made a fair catch when there were five defenders bearing down on him and he picked up a rolling punt so that it wouldn't get closer to the end zone. Miano called it dangerous but I knew what his intentions were and he has either big hands or sure hands to field the ball without a juggle. Also, even after two good kick returns he formed a line to block for Justice Augafa.
cabanalane wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:20 pm I got a feeling that Sharsh is going to fall out a favor. Not that he is bad, or made mistakes, etc. It's just the other guys seems to be better. I hope Sharsh does find a place to on the team to shine. I know, only two games. But this is it, only 11 games left.

Sharsh is related to Chad Owen, correct? So it should be in his DNA.
Irse is right. Stovall can be an explosive and dynamic SB, maybe one of the most explosive and dynamic ever in the RNS. When he learns the system and executes it consistently, he will play a lot more. Sharsh gives you that consistent execution and the QB needs to be able to be confident that the receiver will be reading the coverages right and making the right adjustments on time. If not, it’s going to be sacks, interceptions and incompletions. Stovall apparently is getting closer in his knowledge and execution since he played almost the whole second half against Oregon State.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:15 am Irse is right. Stovall can be an explosive and dynamic SB, maybe one of the most explosive and dynamic ever in the RNS. When he learns the system and executes it consistently, he will play a lot more. Sharsh gives you that consistent execution and the QB needs to be able to be confident that the receiver will be reading the coverages right and making the right adjustments on time. If not, it’s going to be sacks, interceptions and incompletions. Stovall apparently is getting closer in his knowledge and execution since he played almost the whole second half against Oregon State.
Yeah, it looked like Stovall was not in sync with Cole like Smart was and both are first year players. Didn't like the body language too on Stovall and the bad kickoff return. Thought he was pretty sharp in picking up the right situations to make a return and not doing more than was necessary on the returns.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

I love Smart. He's just a catch and move up the field kind of guy. No nonsense just catch the ball and dart up field to get as much yards at possible. His TD's will come.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

honu888 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:38 pm I love Smart. He's just a catch and move up the field kind of guy. No nonsense just catch the ball and dart up field to get as much yards at possible. His TD's will come.
Yah that catch he made while being defended was a great catch, I was hoping he would get a TD today, hopefully next weeks game he will get one.

Also I hope Stovall is ok we need him, he is another play maker we can't a ford to lose

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Warrior receivers couldn't get much separation from UW's DBs. Really good players they have.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

saw this today regarding Smart. He consistently gets open as a wide out. This is a good stat. against PAC 10 press DBs he still gets open consistently. Dependable, gets open and makes catches. From what I've seen he is elusive after the catch and hard to bring down.

Smart’s game-by-game receiving numbers:
>> Arizona: 6 catches, 68 yards (long of 21)
>> Oregon State: 6 catches, 81 yards (long of 24)
>> at Washington: 6 catches, 54 yards (long of 13)
>> Central Arkansas: 8 catches, 121 yards (long of 22), 1 TD

BigIslandHank
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BigIslandHank »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:23 am Warrior receivers couldn't get much separation from UW's DBs. Really good players they have.
UDUB is also known as DBU.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

uhwarrior and Irse were both right about Sharsh. What a game against Nevada.