Nick rolovich show 2019 links?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Nick rolovich show 2019 links?

Post by couz808 »

Wish Hawaiinewsnow would update their site so they can post videos of the nick rolovich show.

Markazulu
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Nick rolovich show 2019 links?

Post by Markazulu »

They just uploaded it on the hawaii news now website

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Thanks ubercow. Rolo is really maturing as a HC and a man.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:05 pm Rolo is really maturing as a HC and a man.
Correct, I like the way he was referring to Dick Tomey's contributions, and the injured LB. It's not just lip service as I think he means it. Like Tomey, Hawaii is in his DNA now. Like Tomey's son said, he thinks his dad likes Hawaii the best out of all the teams/places.

But I think he is "maturing" too fast, as his new hair style includes coloring. Got to hide them grays, in a "younger" man's game?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

What I saw in the Rolo show was the pre-game hype, "on Sunday, let them know they played Hawaii." (HC) On Penei Pavihi, compassion and sincerity. (The man) He was always somewhat comfortable behind the cameras but there was a lot of joking. When he wants to be funny now its more timely.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Good show on BSU and looking forward to Air Force.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Rolo seems a little subdued. Yeah, it's coming off a loss but there's gotta be some sort of urgency. Maybe this show was before the announcement of Stovall's dismissal.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Interesting that Rolo stated that the problem in the poor showing in the 4th quarter of the New Mexico game was due to putting the second stringers too early. What happened to next man up? He made no mention of giving them a short field with 6 minutes left to play to score a touchdown. Air Force had their second stringers early in the game but there was no drop off and they had the momentum to go on to pulverize USU. He also mentioned that Jeff Tedford had some experience with working with Washington. The truth is, he was an offensive consultant to Washington in 2016 but his claim to fame is having coached Aaron Rodgers during his head coaching tenure at Cal. He is a proven winning coach at Cal. He has a 82-57 w/l record with Cal and 50-45 w/l record in Pac-12 Conference play. He has the most games coached at Cal with 139. Rolo is still working on a winning record at Hawaii, let alone conference winning record.

I think the short field with six minutes left, left the second stringers with a position to fail not succeed. There is a big difference with 36 yards to score a touchdown and 70 yards to go if they had punted. Akil Francisco can't be feeling good at this point because he was called for pass interference and was in the secondary in coverage when they scored two of the last touchdowns. it had to be a long flight back for him. He would have been able to adjust and/or the defense would have been able to adjust if they had been given more time. Traditional wisdom is the longer the field, the more time the offense would have to run out the clock. So, own up coach.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:01 pm Rolo seems a little subdued.
I noticed that even a few games back. I think the wear and tear of being a HC is taking a toll on him. He looks worn. I don't know if it's a case of taking the show after he got back.

I recall reading, that often times, some players can't sleep after a game because they are still hyped up with their body still running at 100%. Players give it all and have nothing in the tank after a game. I think coaches too, or worst, because it's on to the next game, or recruiting that kid that lives in CA on the trip back.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Subdued? Put me to sleep baby. Nothing of what he said sounds like its going to bring out the crowds. Looks like San Jose has some taller or athletic defensive backs out there like the rest of the MWC.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Decision makers need to see past that. Nothing the coach say or how the team does will bring me into a game. Oh wait, I stay on the mainland now.

I went to a college basketball game this past weekend. I only could bring one son (the one that was most interested). It was a $100 night for two. If I was to ask "would you rather see a movie?" Going to the movies would win 10 out of 10 because it's much cheaper. So if this is for them/family, going to the movies make more sense.

You all already know this, ticket prices are way too high for sports fans. Call me a causal sportsfan, call me not a diehard fan, call me whatever, I just can not pay for sport event tickets. So therefore, I'm also not creating the next gen of fans, like how I was exposed to (UH) sports.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Get Drew Brees. "DBs carry yourself with swagger..., Linebackers you hit somebody..., Play for each other, your brother..." Speech given to Purdue team made a difference in the game. Can't see any coach on Hawaii providing the same kind of fire let alone keep me from falling asleep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhmB_mTGQt8

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Going back, and mixing the past.

If Miano was the HC, I believe he would light that type of fire. He is good at BSing, so therefore, perfect as the HC.

Don't get me wrong, I would not "trade Rolo" but like Chow, I think they would be better at the OC position.

Chow still get calls for consulting young guys in SoCal. Some fathers still think Chow can offer their sons a chance with USC or UCLA. Chow is still respected, and have a bit more time now..(even with the XFL job).

I don't know what Miano's plan was. What type of offensive he would run. Does anyone recall?

I guess the decision makers wanted to capture that R&S magic with JJ and figure Rolo was the guy.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

In the pregame interviews video before the Fresno State game, the person who gives the best interview is Ikem Okeke. The interview with Brian Smith and Rolo is soooo ex---cii--ting... Zzzzzzz. Wake me when its over.
https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2019/1 ... stand.aspx