*****Official Hawai’i vs Arizona game thread****

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: *****Official Hawai’i vs Arizona game thread****

Post by st808 »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:20 am Why are they giving a lot of credit to Pumba Williams in the news when it was just as much a part of Kalen Hicks effort to bring down the qb? Because he came from the dline position?
https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/ ... 121078001/

clemson coach dabo swinney explains that tate's momentum would have carried him into the end zone despite hicks' tackle.

manly's efforts, flushing tate from the pocket, following tate down field and putting tate down with a hard tackle saved the game.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:36 pm
poidog wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:56 pm I am surprised to say that this is the perfect time for a bye week. Cole needs to watch video of his decision making every day for the two weeks and learn from his mistakes.
Not sure if it’s all on Cole. Yes he threw some questionable balls, but it looked like the receiver did not run what he was expecting based on their reactions. Who’s at fault for that? I don’t know from what we can see on TV. Need coaches film.
In todays paper Rolo said Cole went outside of the system 6 times and 4 of them cost us picks. Cole said the 4 picks were the result of forced throws. So yeah its on Cole but he also made some amazing throws and the mistakes are fixable. I am happy that he is still our starter at quarterback.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 am
poidog wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:56 pm I am surprised to say that this is the perfect time for a bye week. Cole needs to watch video of his decision making every day for the two weeks and learn from his mistakes.
Not sure if it’s all on Cole. Yes he threw some questionable balls, but it looked like the receiver did not run what he was expecting based on their reactions. Who’s at fault for that? I don’t know from what we can see on TV. Need coaches film.
In todays paper Rolo said Cole went outside of the system 6 times and 4 of them cost us picks. Cole said the 4 picks were the result of forced throws. So yeah its on Cole but he also made some amazing throws and the mistakes are fixable. I am happy that he is still our starter at quarterback.
Agree 100%.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

RedZone wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 am
On the second interception I still think the receiver had a bad read and Cole “forced” it into where he expected the receiver to be. At least that’s what it looked like from their reactions after. Regardless I don’t expect 4 picks to happen again. But on the flip side I don’t want Cole to be too conservative with the ball and not be aggressive. With almost the entire local fanbase pining for Chevan, I’d imagine it must wear on Cole and it will affect his play. If a QB switch is to happen, I would hope it’s fair and based on performance in games and practice and not driven by media and fan talk.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

star advertiser story mentioned rolo threw interceptions on three consecutive single play possessions against fresno state in 2001 and still won the game. rolo bounced back. cole will bounce back and deserves the start as long as he shows improvements over last year and the arizona game.

cole was looking shiny with the lead and tried to go for the greater gloat zone against arizona, who can blame him, as it is, beating arizona is gloat time. it didn't work out and some people are stuck in the wrong goat zone.

let rolo determine if cole learned to stay in the system or not.

Parkpill
Starter
Starter
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Browns

Post by Parkpill »

Cole should definitely be the starter at this point. He should be able to clean up the mistakes. It's good to know should Cole falter, or get injured, we have a more than capable backup that can win us games.