anyone noticed?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

anyone noticed?

Post by TheDuke »

that Cole has packed on an additional 15 lbs. Last year he checked in at 6'4 and a slim 205. This year he is packing 220. He is looking more and more like an NFL prospect. By 2020, hopefully his senior year he could be an NFLish 230 or even 240, strong, durable and a QB that can run if he needs to. He should be more durable this year and a bigger threat to run in the red zone.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: anyone noticed?

Post by Irse »

Hope he learns to slide too.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Irse wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:32 am Hope he learns to slide too.
He will. Many college players do play with that recklessness. We can call that young, but I think it's also because they don't have anything to loose.

Once Cole get the pro contract, that arm becomes the golden arm.

IMO, using Tavai for example. He play with that recklessness for the first few years. It was fun to watch. In his last year with UH, I felt he tackle with less recklessness, less excitement, in some way. That's when they started to know they got something to loose if they continue to play that way. Ok, Tavai was also hurt, but he played "smarter" to protect the body. The same way Ursua was "out" in the last game. No one will blame a player who looks out of his best interest at the next pro level.

Take Padello for example. UH may be it for him. I imagine he will go all-out (like he has been), and leave nothing on the field, so there will be no regrets when his career is done. He should be exciting to watch.

Irse

Post by Irse »

I'm hoping he learns this year so he won't go through another injury filled season.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Good point. I recall last year's discussions here at week 2-3, many was about to crowned him GOAT.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I kinda like the skinnier qb's in the NFL like Montana, Brady and Mariota. Not a fan of Roethlisberger. Mostly because the skinnier qb's can escape the rush and Roethlisberger and Marino could not. With that said, the college game requires quarterbacks that run more. Hopefully, he slides as Irse said but UH's running game means that the qb is one of the top rushers.

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:14 am I kinda like the skinnier qb's in the NFL like Montana, Brady and Mariota. Not a fan of Roethlisberger. Mostly because the skinnier qb's can escape the rush and Roethlisberger and Marino could not. With that said, the college game requires quarterbacks that run more. Hopefully, he slides as Irse said but UH's running game means that the qb is one of the top rushers.
I've seen Roethlisberger get off a lot of passes with guys hanging on him because he's so big that the defenders couldn't get him down. Like a McNair/Culpepeer clone.
ImageImage

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Cole can already run. I wouldn't take on safeties, LBs and DLs but at 220-240 CBs will have a problem. Roethlisberger and Marino were never runners. Marriota's slimness hurts his durability. If you aren't going to be a slim QB you better have a great offensive line.

Point being with the added size he will be able to take bigger hits, his durability should improve and if he needs to run he can. I think it is all good. His stock will go up.

Irse

Post by Irse »

TheDuke wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 am Cole can already run. I wouldn't take on safeties, LBs and DLs but at 220-240 CBs will have a problem. Roethlisberger and Marino were never runners. Marriota's slimness hurts his durability. If you aren't going to be a slim QB you better have a great offensive line.

Point being with the added size he will be able to take bigger hits, his durability should improve and if he needs to run he can. I think it is all good. His stock will go up.
I agree. I think his stock will go up. Hopefully he can have a junior year like Colt did.
ImageImage