pay rolo

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Re: pay rolo

Post by BigWave96744 »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:39 am Never-the-less Rolo is getting the job done. Why would Wyoming pay 6 figures for a win over a nobody team? Who the heck is Missouri? I'm pretty sure we played them once and owned them. Wyoming can keep 60 year-old Bohl with his mediocre win record. Gawd...Wyoming is paying Bohl 1.5 million to be mediocre and still gave him a windfall for beating Mizzou?!!!! I don't get it.

Yes, I would recommend Rolo get a raise next year given his team building skills. Bear in mind, many of our competitor's coaches are making similar salaries to Rolovich.
Craigs Bohl is light years ahead of Rolo, Chow and McMackin.

He won 3 straight FCS Championships before coming to Wyoming.
Counting this season he has 4 straight winning seasons.
Wyoming is currently 6-2 and could make a MWC title game against Boise St tomorrow. I'm calling it that they will beat the Donks!!!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Bohl

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:23 pm
SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:39 am Never-the-less Rolo is getting the job done. Why would Wyoming pay 6 figures for a win over a nobody team? Who the heck is Missouri? I'm pretty sure we played them once and owned them. Wyoming can keep 60 year-old Bohl with his mediocre win record. Gawd...Wyoming is paying Bohl 1.5 million to be mediocre and still gave him a windfall for beating Mizzou?!!!! I don't get it.

Yes, I would recommend Rolo get a raise next year given his team building skills. Bear in mind, many of our competitor's coaches are making similar salaries to Rolovich.
Craigs Bohl is light years ahead of Rolo, Chow and McMackin.

He won 3 straight FCS Championships before coming to Wyoming.
Counting this season he has 4 straight winning seasons.
Wyoming is currently 6-2 and could make a MWC title game against Boise St tomorrow. I'm calling it that they will beat the Donks!!!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Bohl
Thanks But...we won't win. Our backup QB is staring since Chambers' injury is worse than originally though and NO ONE beats the Smurfs on that DAMNED blue field!!!!!

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am I agree with many of you that Rolo has not "proven" himself yet. Being "better than Chow" is does not mean much. Hawaii loves Rolo, and I believe Rolo loves Hawaii. He never wanted to leave Hawaii after the Mac era. He did interview with Chow, and Chow said NO.

I believe Hawaii is in Rolo's DNA. It's not always about the money. I do believe he wants to make Hawaii great, with the love for Hawaii and love for football. No one has a "better" job than him. Get paid for doing something you love. It's still a game at the end of the day. As long as the fans don't call for his head, he is fine. Yes, living in Hawaii is expensive. But Rolo is far from starving, and need the money to feed h is kids.

On the flip side, I don't think UH can afford anyone expensive. State got other financial issues, and non-financial issues too. Did they increase the GE Tax (yet) to pay for the rail? New stadium? Pressure to have less tourist? Less development? I don't mean to lean on the political side, but there is no money for a football coach. Football is not "important" in the bigger picture of Hawaii.

Without Rolo, I think the UH Football program will be worst.
Sorry, it is about money. All of our coaches left for a bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. And if Rolo proves himself he will leave for the bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. There is an expiration date for all coaches. You have a limited amount of time to make a mark, make some money and take care of your family.

And if you aren't winning you will wear out your welcome from Hawaii football fans lickty split.

Rolo hasn't proven himself yet. He loses games he shouldn't. His calls to go on 4th down in bad field position is not very smart. He hasn't proven he can recruit. He hasn't shown that he can out coach other coaches. In fact he is being out coached often. He doesn't know how to attack eigth deep.
His teams don't win consistently.

He has a long way to go.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

TheDuke wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 am
cabanalane wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:58 am I agree with many of you that Rolo has not "proven" himself yet. Being "better than Chow" is does not mean much. Hawaii loves Rolo, and I believe Rolo loves Hawaii. He never wanted to leave Hawaii after the Mac era. He did interview with Chow, and Chow said NO.

I believe Hawaii is in Rolo's DNA. It's not always about the money. I do believe he wants to make Hawaii great, with the love for Hawaii and love for football. No one has a "better" job than him. Get paid for doing something you love. It's still a game at the end of the day. As long as the fans don't call for his head, he is fine. Yes, living in Hawaii is expensive. But Rolo is far from starving, and need the money to feed h is kids.

On the flip side, I don't think UH can afford anyone expensive. State got other financial issues, and non-financial issues too. Did they increase the GE Tax (yet) to pay for the rail? New stadium? Pressure to have less tourist? Less development? I don't mean to lean on the political side, but there is no money for a football coach. Football is not "important" in the bigger picture of Hawaii.

Sorry, it is about money. All of our coaches left for a bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. And if Rolo proves himself he will leave for the bigger stage, a bigger challenge and more money. There is an expiration date for all coaches. You have a limited amount of time to make a mark, make some money and take care of your family.

And if you aren't winning you will wear out your welcome from Hawaii football fans lickty split.

Rolo hasn't proven himself yet. He loses games he shouldn't. His calls to go on 4th down in bad field position is not very smart. He hasn't proven he can recruit. He hasn't shown that he can out coach other coaches. In fact he is being out coached often. He doesn't know how to attack eigth deep.

He has a long way to go.
Don't get me wrong, he does deserve a raise.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

He has a long way to go.
totally agree.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My annual GE tax return is hurting. Everyone need a pay raise. New stadium and got to pay more for the rail that I will never ride cause I stay on the mainland.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

TheDuke wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:26 am

He has a long way to go.

Don't get me wrong, he does deserve a raise.

I agree 100%
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

kalua pig wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:21 pm we need to pay rolo more dollars.lost too many good coaches because we pay peanuts.it's 2019.
you already know cuz.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

kalua pig wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:32 am
kalua pig wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:21 pm we need to pay rolo more dollars.lost too many good coaches because we pay peanuts.it's 2019.
you already know cuz.
Too funny that you are agreeing with yourself. Actually, would be even funnier if you disagreed with yourself!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

Who knows what may be in the cards, but there come a day when Rolo peeks down at his cards and happens to see two aces (or an HC offer). He'll certainly play them. Look at the odds, all the angles. That's his nature, competitive spirit, perrogrative. Who knows he may even fold. It's highly doubtful he would look at the past ( phases 1,2) and instead look at his own horizons and personal growth when making a career move. With his hometown near Sacramento, he will also be closer to his side of the family. So there would be a lot to consider should that day come. On one side there would be a new car smell, new everything, new stadium, facilities and challenges, and even an AD that does not have one team scheduled twice in the same year in her future scheduling like Matlin does. Imo Rolo's cut from the same cloth as Aranda, wanting to get to the biggest stage, climbing the ladder.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:49 am
you already know cuz.
Too funny that you are agreeing with yourself. Actually, would be even funnier if you disagreed with yourself!
I always appreciate your comments. :lol:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:51 pm
you already know cuz.
Glad to help make the holidays merrier!

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:19 pm

pay rolo.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

kalua pig wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:43 am
My3Cats wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:19 pm

pay rolo.
Not only pay more to Rolo, but to his assistant coaches too.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:09 pm
kalua pig wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:43 am
My3Cats wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:19 pm mahalo my2cats.i agree.

pay rolo.
Not only pay more to Rolo, but to his assistant coaches too.