pay rolo

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: pay rolo

Post by My3Cats »

Hawaii fans and UH admin need to always be kept on their feet and not get complacent about Rolo staying. Nothing is permanent. He achieved his dream job, but that doesn't mean that he can't dream bigger for him and his family. Dream jobs are not necessarily forever jobs. When Rolo achieves more he should get paid more.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 am Hawaii fans and UH admin need to always be kept on their feet and not get complacent about Rolo staying. Nothing is permanent. He achieved his dream job, but that doesn't mean that he can't dream bigger for him and his family. Dream jobs are not necessarily forever jobs. When Rolo achieves more he should get paid more.
nice one.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:09 am
Whateva wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:09 am If McDonald's offered me $30 an hour I would go
Speaking of McDonald's, if Cole McDonald have that same explosive start, like last year, before getting hurt, and UH putting up mean numbers, and win, I can see someone send Rolo a recruiting package with high dollars.

We expect McDonald to be a stud this year. Like Chow, these are now Rolo's guys.

So I suppose this fear is valid (of loosing Rolo)
this is rolo's team.only a few players remain from the chow era.j.r.hensley is one.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:09 am
Whateva wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:09 am If McDonald's offered me $30 an hour I would go
Speaking of McDonald's, if Cole McDonald have that same explosive start, like last year, before getting hurt, and UH putting up mean numbers, and win, I can see someone send Rolo a recruiting package with high dollars.

We expect McDonald to be a stud this year. Like Chow, these are now Rolo's guys.

So I suppose this fear is valid (of loosing Rolo)
You both realize our head coach is making more than half a million dollars a year to lose? I would pay Rolovich $30 an hour to work at McDonald's too. He wouldn't take that job nor would I...even though I don't make as much now. Still, I'm happy and well paid.

Cole McDonald is a stud. We are lucky to have him. We are lucky that he is happy to play here. Should injury beset him like McKenzie Milton or Greg Alexander, well then that would be unfortunate.

Should Hawaii reap the rewards of Rolo's hard work, he will be well paid. Why wouldn't he?

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

beating arizona is a 10k bonus.rolo will probably take care of his under paid assistant coaches and have enough to take his family to costco for a small spending spree.you already know cuz.paying peanuts you will lose in the end.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

UH Admin bigger problem than coaches.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

yes,it is true.the wyoming coach got $100,000 for beating missouri.i will say it again.pay peanuts and you will lose in the end.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Never-the-less Rolo is getting the job done. Why would Wyoming pay 6 figures for a win over a nobody team? Who the heck is Missouri? I'm pretty sure we played them once and owned them. Wyoming can keep 60 year-old Bohl with his mediocre win record. Gawd...Wyoming is paying Bohl 1.5 million to be mediocre and still gave him a windfall for beating Mizzou?!!!! I don't get it.

Yes, I would recommend Rolo get a raise next year given his team building skills. Bear in mind, many of our competitor's coaches are making similar salaries to Rolovich.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:39 am Never-the-less Rolo is getting the job done. Why would Wyoming pay 6 figures for a win over a nobody team? Who the heck is Missouri? I'm pretty sure we played them once and owned them. Wyoming can keep 60 year-old Bohl with his mediocre win record. Gawd...Wyoming is paying Bohl 1.5 million to be mediocre and still gave him a windfall for beating Mizzou?!!!! I don't get it.

Yes, I would recommend Rolo get a raise next year given his team building skills. Bear in mind, many of our competitor's coaches are making similar salaries to Rolovich.
Yes, you all DID play Missouri. HOWEVER.....LOL...……...The Rainbow Warriors tied the Tigers, 32-32, in 1994.

passepartout
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NFL: Americas team

Post by passepartout »

If Rolo is successful, it's only a matter of time that a P5 team will offer him millions.

Will he take it? In a few years he may relish the challenge. And yet he might accept less to remain in Hawaii.

We cannot equal what P5 teams pay their head coaches with our inferior attendance numbers and relatively paltry TV contract.

But I think Rolo will not leave until he feels his job is done here, no matter the money, and that job is to resurrect UH football.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

pay rolo and no bleachers in the new stadium.you already know cuz.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:51 am Hawaii fans and UH admin need to always be kept on their feet and not get complacent about Rolo staying. Nothing is permanent. He achieved his dream job, but that doesn't mean that he can't dream bigger for him and his family. Dream jobs are not necessarily forever jobs. When Rolo achieves more he should get paid more.
+10000000%
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

stranger808 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:57 pm
+10000000%
I agree
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

passepartout wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 pm
But I think Rolo will not leave until he feels his job is done here, no matter the money, and that job is to resurrect UH football.
That's a good point. In reality, that often never happens. Leaders set a goal, a plan, then they leave. Wait for the new Leader to set his vision.

Dick Tomey left UH without winning the WAC. He left Arizona again, without winning the Rose Bowl. Sometimes, we never get to accomplish our goals.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

RedZone wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:22 pm UH Admin bigger problem than coaches.
Very true.

TMT, and the Faculty that went rogue with his comments. Even without that, UH got bigger problems than football. And event that only can fill half of the stadium.

Then we add the state's problems, all coaches are replaceable, all employees are replaceable.