2021 Schedule, No D1 OOC Home Game

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2021 Schedule, No D1 OOC Home Game

Post by madeinhawaii »

Irse wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:50 am
madeinhawaii wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:34 pm Is the Aug. 28 game week 0?
Talking about the 2021 season? Not sure if it is. Trying to do a Google search and nothing comes up. I originally thought the week 0 game had too be played here buy may be wrong.
I thought it had to be in Hawaii, too, but the Cal game in Australia was week zero. The following year's game at UMass was also week zero. But Aug 28, could also week 1, in which case there's still Aug 21 to book a game.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

The Aug 28, 2021 is indeed a Week Zero Game.

The below is a great story and explanation of Week Zero and how Hawaii is partially responsible for it.
Everything to know about college football’s Week 0, including where to watch
Thanks to TV and Hawaii, we get a mini-week before the season kicks into gear.

By Alex Kirshner on August 25, 2018 7:55 am
For a long spell up until 2014, FBS programs weren’t scheduling games prior to that pre-Labor Day Thursday.
The standard regular season schedule is 12 games. But when FBS teams play a road game against Hawaii, they’re allowed to stretch their seasons to 13. It’s an inducement that encourages teams to make a long, expensive trip. There’s a hitch, though; the college season is only 13 weeks long. Thirteen games in 13 weeks is ridiculous.

The solve: letting Hawaii’s visitors start the season a weekend early. That lets them play a 13-game schedule and still squeeze in a bye week somewhere. If they don’t want to do that, they can still take the extra bye for practice and/or rest. Hawaii also has the option of playing 13 games, though it won’t this season.
Read the full story at:
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... dule-early

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Thanks, I looked into, too and the regular season starts the weekend before labor day. So in 2021, that would be Sept 6, meaning the season starts on Sept 3-4. Aug 28 is definitely Week Zero. Too bad, as that makes scheduling more difficult.

I think the new thinking on Week Zero is that it allows teams to schedule 12, rather than 13 games with an additional Bye week. You would hope that the networks would jump on Week Zero and offer something, but having a Florida-Miami game on the same day, weakens the appeal. How did they manage to get an exception?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

madeinhawaii wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:30 pm Thanks, I looked into, too and the regular season starts the weekend before labor day. So in 2021, that would be Sept 6, meaning the season starts on Sept 3-4. Aug 28 is definitely Week Zero. Too bad, as that makes scheduling more difficult.

I think the new thinking on Week Zero is that it allows teams to schedule 12, rather than 13 games with an additional Bye week. You would hope that the networks would jump on Week Zero and offer something, but having a Florida-Miami game on the same day, weakens the appeal. How did they manage to get an exception?
I think they give exemptions for certain TV games.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

2024 is what I am waiting for.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: