Hawaii Football Coach Nick Rolovich (Beyond The Lines)

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
All-American
All-American

Hawaii Football Coach Nick Rolovich (Beyond The Lines)

Post by 808 »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Hawaii Football Coach Nick Rolovich (Beyond The Lines)

Post by shrek2 »

Thanks for the upload. Very professional interview by Rolo in deflecting the complements and his humility. With this kind of interview he shows great leadership.

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:12 pm Thanks for the upload. Very professional interview by Rolo in deflecting the complements and his humility. With this kind of interview he shows great leadership.
I thought so too. As I was watching it, I kept thinking that I really like his humility.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

808 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:45 am
shrek2 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:12 pm Thanks for the upload. Very professional interview by Rolo in deflecting the complements and his humility. With this kind of interview he shows great leadership.
I thought so too. As I was watching it, I kept thinking that I really like his humility.
If you look at all the good coaches, they always deflect complements on their ability to coach the team to the team and certain players. In this case, Rolo deflected the complement on his ability to how his teammates were able to get the job done in 2001 or how his coaching staff is doing a great job currently. Something they have to train athletes to do when they get into the pros. I know that all SF Giants players before they get to the Bigs have to go through interviewing skill training. Now what I like to see is how the coaching staff motivates a mediocre player into playing above his level of skill and makes each player responsible for the team's success or lack of.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

There are some times when Rolo can come off as a little awkward, but I think he's genuine when he talks about the love he has for UH football and the community. It maybe simply him using creative language or unable to articulate his passion.

I had an executive who was a great leader and a tremendous advocate for his team, however, sometime he did or said strange things. It was more about him trying to relate and not finding the right words. I think we all do this sometimes when interacting with ppl. #ImWitRolo
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Was too distracted by the hair 😂😂😂