2019 QB situation

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

2019 QB situation

Post by BigWave96744 »

Looking at the Spring Roster, not having Moussa has created a big Puka with only 2 scholie QBs and 1 walkon.

I can't recall having so few QBs in camp, for a pass happy team.

Anyone know if our #3 in camp would be ready to play if needed, this fall?

True we have 2 HS QBs coming in the fall, but as it is said, it take's at least a year to learn the RNS.

Wish we could have had a JC or D1 transfer come in to add depth. Really don't like when we have to rely on a true Frosh to push for the #3 spot.

Thought?

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: 2019 QB situation

Post by cabanalane »

I agree that's not good insurance. And when you factor in a guy like Moniz, he came from 4th?

I kind of like the 1-2 QB combo. I'm going to assume McDonald will get the job again. If he is having a bad day, then we know who is the next guy up.

I would take my chances with these two guys. If SOL, then SOL. Looking at last year, it's not like Moussa was really a 3rd option. Based on the games, the "skills" dropped off a lot after QB#2.

I would like to name the 1 and 2, and the #3 is fill by committee, including Red Shirt Freshman's.

Looking at the bigger picture IMO, I don't think QB was/is the big issue (last year). We know they are both good. The same with the Receivers. O-Line, Defense, and special teams improvements should make this coming season a good one.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Moussa is gone and not to beat on the guy, but his delivery was long and had issues going through progressions. Having an extra QB that plays like he's stuck in the mud isnt a big lost.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

It's not a good situation, but not an uncommon one these days with the ease for undergraduates to transfer, plus the grad transfer rule.

Btw, Uahinui is a RS/FR and by the end of spring practice will have been in the RNS system for 2 spring practices, 1 summer camp and 1 full season. That experience is invaluable and it will take awhile for anyone coming in to catch up with him, even if they are more talented.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

My previous comment was a bit too harsh. I like the current depth at quarterback.