Lincoln Victor signs with Hawaii

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Lincoln Victor signs with Hawaii

Post by Grinch »

I’m hoping Furuta can come back sooner than later. With our receivers, having a big back to punish linebackers on blocks and DBs on runs ...
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

From the other thread, you guys who know more about eligibility have said, it's unlikely to get a 6th year medical exception.

I don't know his injury, but ankle surgery is at least 6 weeks to recover. Then got to work back into game shape. This is where UH need a bowl game, just so he can cap off his career. One last time.

If that's the case, when Byrd, Ward, Sharsh, Smart, etc catches the ball near the endzone. Stop at the 2 yard line. Call Furuta in. Run the Power I, so let's practice that now. Line up Blessman, and JR (like how Wagner used to do with Al Noga and Mark Nua, with Fakava as the RB). If you don't want to get hurt, get out of the way.

How many guys can take 3 beast mode hits in a row?

* I may be mixing up my players and can't recall if they all played together, but close enough, as they were part of that. Thinking about it, it may be Noga and Mark Odom lined up in the I.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

as RBs Stovall and Victor could catch out of the backfield.

If DEs crash you dump a quick pass to Stovall or Victor. An LB will have to cover one of these two in open space in the flat. My money is on Stovall or Victor.

If a LB blitzes over the middle a slot breaks off his route to the vacated space.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

TheDuke wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:57 pm as RBs Stovall and Victor could catch out of the backfield.

If DEs crash you dump a quick pass to Stovall or Victor. An LB will have to cover one of these two in open space in the flat. My money is on Stovall or Victor.

If a LB blitzes over the middle a slot breaks off his route to the vacated space.
Or Victor could line up as a wild cat, fake a run and have the DB's bite then toss a TD to any of our weapons at receiver.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Slotback pass. Don't think I ever saw that.
ImageImage

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I am good with Victor throwing a pass although I've never seen him throw. Coaches would know if he can.

If you are going to Wildcat you would have to run it a couple of times with some success. Also when you run the Wildcat you are typically in the redzone. Someone passing when he doesn't throw it much is a risk in the redzone. Personally I am not a wildcat fan. In the R&S we don't have enough blockers. Our small receivers are not good run blockers.

I'd be more inclined to do it with a jet sweep after a first down with Ward going deep down the sideline and Byrd going long on a deep crossing route. The left saftey has to take Byrd and hopefully the other safety bites on the sweep which would leave Ward open.

Victor would just have to put air under the ball at let Ward run it down.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Victor's a HS QB with 71% completion percentage, although most of his high school highlights is of him running the ball.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

wow 70% in HS is very good.

BigIslandHank
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BigIslandHank »

I hope he made the flight and is in the rotation at slot. It sounds like Marquise will be back so our special team return duties will probably go to him.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

TheDuke wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:33 am wow 70% in HS is very good.
Yes, and I found the article where I read that. The dude's a stud. :-)

https://www-1.thenewstribune.com/sports ... 83420.html
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Kid is legit. Needs to learn the O. There are many ways to utilizes his shiftiness, but I think it's better to bring him along slowly since his body is not ready for a workload. Reminds me of a cross between Brewster and Bass and will be electric in the future.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

He stock is rising high, but will coaches make move to start him. Heck use him as the wildcat like Boise did with their receivers. This guy is too talented not to be on the field