Eletise is Eligible

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Former Kaiser HS '16 All-State OL Michael Eletise transferring to UH

Post by cabanalane »

I read that he is also perhaps victim of a coaching change. He was UA's top recruit by then former HC Rich Rodriguez. Then Rich Rod was fired in 2017 because of a sexual harassment charge. UA bought out his contract, and try to wipe everything clean.

Perhaps are lot of players are "stuck" and don't fit in with the new HC or his system. Michael Eletise is perhaps that guy. Instead of being prime time (chance), he is delegated as not important. This sexual harassment was big, and quickly clean up from top to bottom.

Till today, the best and most respected HC in Arizona history is..Dick Tomey. Talk to any UA football fan. I still see Tomey as belonging to UH-Hawaii.

Last I read he had cancer, so I hope he is doing well. https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 615720002/

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/PastorNofo/status/1103124737973149696 https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1103063471233486848 https://www.khon2.com/sports/local-spor ... 1827578247

https://www.instagram.com/p/BupKuUoBziM/

Link

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Now that Kohl Levao is injured is Eletise eligible to put in some time on the offensive line? Any ideas as to the nature of Kohl's injury?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:39 pm Now that Kohl Levao is injured is Eletise eligible to put in some time on the offensive line? Any ideas as to the nature of Kohl's injury?
I hope his injury is not too bad. This is one player I feel that we really need on the oline.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I'd say if Kohl had an operation its a loss of four games minimum. With that said, I think a medical redshirt would be best for the season. The first three games are the games for Kohl to show the scouts what he can do.

Also, if the NCAA doesn't allow Eletise to play, he's got great grounds to sue the NCAA for future revenues in the NFL. They better have good reason to allow Jalen Hurts to play at Oklahoma and not Michael Eletise.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 am I'd say if Kohl had an operation its a loss of four games minimum. With that said, I think a medical redshirt would be best for the season. The first three games are the games for Kohl to show the scouts what he can do.

Also, if the NCAA doesn't allow Eletise to play, he's got great grounds to sue the NCAA for future revenues in the NFL. They better have good reason to allow Jalen Hurts to play at Oklahoma and not Michael Eletise.
He does have a redshirt season. I would think that if he can't be back by the first game, he should be redshirted. No sense go through an injury riddled season right before being drafted. I guess technically, he could play the last four games of the season and still redshirt according to the new rule.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:45 am
shrek2 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 am I'd say if Kohl had an operation its a loss of four games minimum. With that said, I think a medical redshirt would be best for the season. The first three games are the games for Kohl to show the scouts what he can do.

He does have a redshirt season. I would think that if he can't be back by the first game, he should be redshirted. No sense go through an injury riddled season right before being drafted. I guess technically, he could play the last four games of the season and still redshirt according to the new rule.
I'm inclined to agree with that. Eletise does not have a year though since he gave that up in AZ.

uhwarriors

Eletise is Eligible

Post by uhwarriors »

The O-line got a big boost. He traveled with the team to Boise, so don't be surprised if he gets some playing time.
The NCAA approved an appeal that allows offensive lineman Michael Eletise to play immediately for the Rainbow Warriors.
“It’s been a long process for him and his family and us,” coach Nick Rolovich said. “I’m glad, in the end, the NCAA did the right thing. I would have loved for it to happen sooner, but sometimes you can’t control the timing of things.”
After this season, Eletise will have another year of eligibility.

“He’s really dissolved into this team very easily,” Rolovich said. “I think he’s well liked. I think he’s having a good time. And, obviously, he gives us even more physicality on the front for us. … He’s a kid who really fits into Hawaii. He’s happy about his day. He’s happy playing football at UH. I think he loves his teammates, and they love him.”
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/10/ ... is-season/

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Eletise is Eligible

Post by SundayJam »

Manoa biography wrote:Prior to UH:

Played two seasons at the University of Arizona in Tucson.
After redshirting in 2016, appeared in 23 games for the Wildcats over the next two seasons, missing just one game.
As a sophomore, played in all 12 games, including four starts.
Saw time as the primary backup at the guard positions while serving a starting role on the field goal/PAT unit in 11 games as a freshman.
Made his collegiate debut in season-opening victory over Northern Arizona (Sept. 2).
6' 4" 340 pounder.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Finally. With him being eligible and Levao coming back. Any chance Vaipulu would take a redshirt year?
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Irse wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:37 am Finally. With him being eligible and Levao coming back. Any chance Vaipulu would take a redshirt year?
Considering recruiting will always try to get bigger guys, Vaipulu's position will always be "can we be better" even if he is doing a great job.

I'm sure he loves football, so yes. But no, because he is a smart guy, and will do well in life. Some guys need to hang on to college football as long as they can. Viapulu's future will be more than football, so maybe if it's time for the next chapter, it's time to keep moving on, whatever that is on the team.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:38 am The O-line got a big boost. He traveled with the team to Boise, so don't be surprised if he gets some playing time.
This will be interesting because Boise is one of the few teams in the nation with all starting offensive line are returning starters. Is this a story of who has the better O-line?

Irse

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 am
Irse wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:37 am Finally. With him being eligible and Levao coming back. Any chance Vaipulu would take a redshirt year?
Considering recruiting will always try to get bigger guys, Vaipulu's position will always be "can we be better" even if he is doing a great job.

I'm sure he loves football, so yes. But no, because he is a smart guy, and will do well in life. Some guys need to hang on to college football as long as they can. Viapulu's future will be more than football, so maybe if it's time for the next chapter, it's time to keep moving on, whatever that is on the team.
Vaipulu sat out games with back problems. I would rather he get all healed up instead of it being a nagging injury while we have two starting quality guys on the bench.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

This is great news!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.