WR Kainoa Wilson not longer at Wazzu

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Kainoa Wilson Commits

Post by uhwarriors »

Slot receiver Kainoa Wilson of Mililani High will join the University of Hawaii football team in 2015.

"I think Hawaii has a great thing going," Wilson said. "They're rebuilding. I can't wait to be a part of it."

Wilson said he is 5 feet 11, 165 pounds and was hand-time running 40 yards in sub-4.6 seconds.

Wilson caught two scoring passes to help Mililani defeat Punahou in the state championship game in November.

Wilson came back from an injury in the season opener against Saint Louis. In that game, Wilson scored two touchdowns but suffered a broken collarbone.
Article continues: http://www.staradvertiser.com/sportspre ... =287187731

Chow'sNextQB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Kainoa Wilson Commits

Post by Chow'sNextQB »

Kainoa Wilson is going to be a big receiver for us. Kid has a lot of talent, Nice target for Woolsey.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Chow'sNextQB wrote:Kainoa Wilson is going to be a big receiver for us. Kid has a lot of talent, Nice target for Woolsey.
ummm, ok, in your opinion right?
He could blossom into a really good receiver, but, time will tell. And as far was Woolsey, I don't think he'll be the QB next year.

Chow'sNextQB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Chow'sNextQB »

of course thats my opinion, He could be a bust, but who do you see as the QB? I like Woolsey

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Chow'sNextQB wrote:of course thats my opinion, He could be a bust, but who do you see as the QB? I like Woolsey
I like Woolsey too cause he's athletic and a gamer, but at times, he looked totally incapable of being a D1 qb. I'm hoping the USC transfer will work out.

Helloyourcool
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Helloyourcool »

I know this kid pretty we'll. he played baseball at Mililani as we'll. he's very athletic, very strong (for his size and lankiness) he had okay speed, but he has great hands. He would make a really good slot on a spread offense. If he can gain about 15-20 pounds and get a little faster he can be very good. He had the F&$& you and don't take crap from nobody attitude. I love it

BigWave96744

WR Kainoa Wilson not longer at Wazzu

Post by BigWave96744 »

Former Mililani Grad and teammate of Dayton Furuta has left Washington St. He walked on for 4 years and has 1 year if eligibility left.
Are Cougs losing rising special teams star?
by Jackson Gardner
8 hours ago

PULLMAN -- Washington State appears to be losing a rising special teams star. Walk-on wide receiver Kainoa Wilson has entered his name in the NCAA transfer portal. A player can still pull his name out of the portal and return to his team, but a quick check of WSU's official roster would seem to throw cold water on that idea.

Wilson as of today is no longer listed on the Cougs' spring roster.
https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 28414197/

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Re: WR Kainoa Wilson not longer at Wazzu

Post by Neighbor »

I know he had gotten a lot of attention for his special teams play this season but for some reason I thought he was like a freshman or something still. Crazy he already only has one year left.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Should have 1 to play 1......since walk-on transfers are eligible to play without having to redshirt (as long as in academic standing & receives transfer release approval)....
https://wsucougars.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5436

Link

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Would be another nice walk on for us.
ImageImage

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Irse wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:25 am Would be another nice walk on for us.
I would think so too.