stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: New Stadium Moving Forward?

Post by stranger808 »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 am
stranger808 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:20 pm I've been MIA, so where is this new stadium going to be built?
Same site, but probably where the lower parking lot is now. Design and planning for the rest of the site was in concept stage only and will most likely not look like that when the contracts are signed and the site is designed.
okay, thank you, My3Cats. I hope our new stadium doesn't look like every other college mid-major stadium, after all, its a stadium used by the whole state for all kinds of events, it should be more than a college football stadium.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

Bleed_Green
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Bleed_Green »

I've read many statements on a couple of forums about the new stadium.
Honestly, IMO i think 35k to 40k down grade is perfect. Now I've seen the arguments of "with a small stadium, we will never get into the Pac-12 if they expand or lose schools".

Well, to counter that argument, Oregon State and Washington State have stadiums smaller than our rust bucket. And only really sell out if they're doing well record-wise.
The state basically wants to take an NFL stadium design (having a sports venue with amenities surrounding it) albeit half the size in scale. Personally, I think it's a great idea.
How ever, the concept art of the stadium is not desirable. Why continue to use steel, when the ocean is right there? Why not go with a concrete based building, with the canopy being weather/salt resistant?
We don;t need quantity, we need quality.

If we can sell that smaller stadium out, and also have another smaller arena right next to it, which would be the replacement for the Stan Sheriff Center (can be slightly bigger) and use it for other things (the Blaisdell really sucks, I was at the WWE event last weekend and it was dirty and smelly with hardly anyone in it before the show began)

We need state of the art sound system and a giant jumbo tron. I'm sure we can afford a big 4K screen. A mini mall built into the stadiums structure could work as well.
I'd like to see tiered level parking (Like at Pearl Ridge) have parking space smaller, but stacked so we can have more inlet and outlet entries and exits put into the area to ease traffic.
Why have a smaller parking area with tiered levels? Because the state plans to add amenities and plans to get rid of the swap meat. i say we should keep the swap meet, but move it to where a current parking area is, and not have it so close to the actual stadium.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Bleed_Green wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:55 pm I
The state basically wants to take an NFL stadium design (having a sports venue with amenities surrounding it) albeit half the size in scale. Personally, I think it's a great idea.
That's the trend now in urban planning. The idea make sense. Before and after the game, the businesses that are part of the stadium can benefit. Many major apartment complexes are being build with a Starbucks on the ground floor, and a few law offices, to help cover the cost of the HOA, etc.

However, going back to the stadium, is there enough business to support the businesses?

Ok, back in the late 70s, everyone goes to Waikiki. Bobby's, Point After, Wave, Mooses, etc. Then it was Restaurant Row, Studebaker, Blue Zebra, etc. There was NO need to go Waikiki anymore for the young guys in the 90s. I don't know why some of these clubs folded in Waikiki, but the example was to ask the question, is there enough business to go around? There is no point to make other business suffer? What's that saying, robbing Peter to pay Paul.

What if the stadium businesses are the one that's loose money, then the project fails. Another failed state project? (Sorry, had to add that in.)