How well do our receivers block?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

How well do our receivers block?

Post by TheDuke »

With JJ if you couldn't block as a RB or receiver you didn't play. Unless you are watching the receivers you can't assess their blocking. I can't recall seeing any blocks of note by a receiver.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Re: How well do our receivers block?

Post by ulua »

I wouldn’t call them bad at blocking but more along the lines of inconsistent. They do however need to improve on their WR screen blocking, that play never works cause the blocking is terrible, but again on some of Coles runs I did see the WR doing a good job ofdown field blocking at TIMES

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Hard to see on broadcast. I will say I was a little disappointed toward the end of last game. Like they were already on the comeback trail but it seemed whenever there was a run, the WRs would just stop and stand there. Like you never know what would happen especially with MIles Reed breaking a tackle or two, or even on the Cordeiro scramble he had. An extra block or two could spring something extra.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Based on what I know, the general rule on running plays is that they want the WRs to run their defender out of the play. But sometimes they don't fully execute it. On the WR screen or SB bubble, obviously the WRs and SBs need to block and they haven't done a great job of it.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

You're right...the WRs are fans watching other WRs run once they catch the ball. The only guy I see down field is Byrd. The WR screens UH has ran are terrible bc of slow lineman not getting ahead to block or soft WR blocking.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

your observations is what I suspected. Just based on size (weight mainly) I don't see them challenging bigger DBs or LBs.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:15 am You're right...the WRs are fans watching other WRs run once they catch the ball. The only guy I see down field is Byrd. The WR screens UH has ran are terrible bc of slow lineman not getting ahead to block or soft WR blocking.
Yah I think it was the first JoJo TD, I saw Byrd throwing a block down the field