Cole or chevan as starter for Hawaii bowl!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football

Starter for next week and Hawaii bowl?

Cole Macdonald because he started the season for us
61%
Chevan cordeiro because he has the hot hand
29%
Jeremy Moussa because he has a better arm
4%
Other UH QB not mentioned.
7%

Total votes: 28

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Cole or chevan as starter for Hawaii bowl!

Post by madeinhawaii »

The Hawaii Bowl is about getting 16 more days of practice that your team wouldn't have had if it didn't get bowl eligible. That's 16 more days for the backups and red shirts to mix in with the starters and master their positions. 16 days to shine come Spring for the replacements. That's a big benefit going into next season. Although, it didn't quite work out like that the previous season, eh? Hmmm...Oh Wait. The last time around, Rolo hadn't committed to the RnS, just yet. This time around, the offense knows what it's going to run next season, as well.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

What I would really like to see is Cole start and we completely blow out LATech in the first half. Cordeiro plays the 3Q and Moussa plays Q4. All three QBs have great games and the competition is on for 2019. That would make a great finish to 2018.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

We should start Chevan to surprise LA Tech; then bring in Moussa in the 2nd quarter; to see what our future QB's can do "under the lights"!
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

always wondered why football insists on playing the starting qb for all four quarters exposing them to the dangers of injury even if the team is leading.

start cole. dance with the one that brought you. this is his reward too. we don't have to risk injury to cole just to win one game.

i'd like to see chevan in the third and moussa in the fourth if everything is going well. other position 2s and 3s get to play if everything is going well in all of the other games, should be no different for qbs. gets the starter safe on the sideline and give the backups quality real time snaps that can't be duplicated in practice.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

st808 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 pm
start cole. dance with the one that brought you. this is his reward too. we don't have to risk injury to cole just to win one game.
There are other things UH should worry about other than QB. McDonald isn't bad. And Chevan isn't that great. At this time, they are a good 1-2 combo IMO. Let that be. If McDonald is having a bad day, we know who to sub in.

Sure, they are suppsose to be competitive. But knowing that you are going to be replaced is not a good feeling to have.

Many of you are not Ikaika Woolsey fans. I don't disagree with you guys, but more like he never was given the full committment as the starting QB. How do we expect him to grow in the position when he know the coaches (Chow) want Max Wittek all that time, and Woolsey was there just to keep the seat warm.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The thing that was sad for Woolsey was not that he wasn't given a chance, its that he was recruited for an offensive system, came in as a freshman with a different system, and each and every year until he graduated there were different systems, all because of the constant coaching changes. That was a tough time for everyone. Hopefully with Rolo going back to his bread and butter there will be a bit more stability for the quarterbacks and the whole offense.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

The national press likes Cole McDonald, maybe because of his numbers, maybe because of his stature being 6'4 at qb. His run has been good in drawing the national audience.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:59 pm The national press likes Cole McDonald, maybe because of his numbers, maybe because of his stature being 6'4 at qb. His run has been good in drawing the national audience.
Or it could be the blond dreadlocks. j/k
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:59 pm The national press likes Cole McDonald, maybe because of his numbers, maybe because of his stature being 6'4 at qb. His run has been good in drawing the national audience.
And the local media loves Chevan..... cause he’s a local boy.

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Cordeiro has to play in 5 games to ruin his redshirt. He can play in 4 games without losing his redshirt. So far he has played in 3 games that I know of. That leaves one more game he can play in. I say play both QB's and if a blowout play our third stringer too.

I don't know how Rolo will be able to keep Cordeiro on campus with Cole staying the starter and recruiting that Texas QB. At some time Cordeiro must be the starter or he may be offered away. Rolo said he didn't want another QB get away. What will Rolo do next season? Would Cordeiro wait two more years to start?
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:36 pm
And the local media loves Chevan..... cause he’s a local boy.
Sounds kinda like how Alex Kaloi became starter over some Oregon transfer named June Jones. A friend of mine who was on the 1974 team told me that June was the better QB.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Rolo wasn't happy with attitude of multiple players.

The Bowl game isn't a game about fun and who we want to see play. It is about winning, it is about establishing a winning tradition. It is about developing a team attitude, mental toughness, every game is important. It is about capping 2018 with a win, 9 wins. It is about going into the off season with a positive and building momentum into 2019. When you come to practice you better be ready to play or go home.

Anything less then 100% is unacceptable. I applaud Rolo.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

TheDuke wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:36 am Rolo wasn't happy with attitude of multiple players.

The Bowl game isn't a game about fun and who we want to see play. It is about winning, it is about establishing a winning tradition. It is about developing a team attitude, mental toughness, every game is important. It is about capping 2018 with a win, 9 wins. It is about going into the off season with a positive and building momentum into 2019. When you come to practice you better be ready to play or go home.

Anything less then 100% is unacceptable. I applaud Rolo.
+1 with the exception of not being fun. Like the mental toughness part because it will make them better people and for now better ball players.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

HawaiianHogster wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:48 am
I don't know how Rolo will be able to keep Cordeiro on campus with Cole staying the starter and recruiting that Texas QB. At some time Cordeiro must be the starter or he may be offered away. Rolo said he didn't want another QB get away. What will Rolo do next season? Would Cordeiro wait two more years to start?
True. On the flip side, as much as we want to give "local boys" a chance, I hope Rolo is not pressured to make that decision. Imagine him shopping at Foodland with his wife, and been approached 3X with shoppers telling him he should start Cordeiro.

Jeremy Higgins was the Starter in front of Marcus Mariota. Higgins never panned out in college for UH (or was he not given a legit chance?)

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:21 am
HawaiianHogster wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:48 am
True. On the flip side, as much as we want to give "local boys" a chance, I hope Rolo is not pressured to make that decision. Imagine him shopping at Foodland with his wife, and been approached 3X with shoppers telling him he should start Cordeiro.

Jeremy Higgins was the Starter in front of Marcus Mariota. Higgins never panned out in college for UH (or was he not given a legit chance?)
Higgins was given a fair shot. He had no arm. The ball took forever to get to the target.
ImageImage