BREAKING NEWS
Freshman QB Zach Wilson to Start
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... uzzle.html

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: *** Official Hawaii @ BYU, Game 8 Thread ***

Post by cabanalane »

UH should start Jeremy Moussa, give him a chance. Freshman vs Freshman, Hawaii vs BYU. This will add more to the story if UH wins.

If Cole McDonald is really hurt, another week can only help. I think we can all agree that McDonald will be the starting QB till he leaves UH.

At 6-1, it's not about the Hawaii Bowl anymore. This could lead to a "bigger" Bowl.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:39 am UH should start Jeremy Moussa, give him a chance. Freshman vs Freshman, Hawaii vs BYU. This will add more to the story if UH wins.

If Cole McDonald is really hurt, another week can only help. I think we can all agree that McDonald will be the starting QB till he leaves UH.

At 6-1, it's not about the Hawaii Bowl anymore. This could lead to a "bigger" Bowl.
Nah, no time to be experimenting with QB's for their first start. BYU, on the road, thin air, no thanks. We're 6-1 and have to put our best on the field. Even Alabama wouldn't do that.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

IDK but hearing Robert Keakaula saying, "He's wide open!" on a running play over and over again is just ridiculous. Will tapping a player out of bounds be considered a late hit out of bounds?!!

Hawaii is gonna smash BYU.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:57 am IDK but hearing Robert Keakaula saying, "He's wide open!" on a running play over and over again is just ridiculous. Will tapping a player out of bounds be considered a late hit out of bounds?!!

Hawaii is gonna smash BYU.
Robert Keakaula was saying that Hawaii should use a time out to save time just before the end of the first QUARTER.

I play Madden online and the average 8 year old understands the game better than Keakaula.

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

I watched every play of BYU vs Utah St. My biggest takeaway from that game was thinking "man, Wisconsin must really suck". BYU looked awful. Obviously things can change week to week and Hawaii on the road is never a sure thing, but if you're a betting man(which I am but I don't like to bet UH games. Already enough emotions)I'd take the 11 pts to the bank. I think Hawaii wins outright. Also, I like Dylan Collie but he's not close the the player Ursua is.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

The Hawaii Warrior Team should be pumped for this BYU rivalry game. Another team that scheduled Hawaii as their Homecoming Game?

The SJSU and BYU teams actually believe Hawaii Warriors are a bunch of cupcakes and disrespectfully scheduled as the easy win Homecoming Game opponent.

I wonder who else on the Hawaii schedule is showing the Warriors such disrespect as to pencil them in as a cupcake Homecoming easy win?

I mean, WOW! No Respect.

Live Aloha/Play Warrior

Work Grind/Earn Respect/Play Swag/Go Warriors!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:12 am The Hawaii Warrior Team should be pumped for this BYU rivalry game. Another team that scheduled Hawaii as their Homecoming Game?

The SJSU and BYU teams actually believe Hawaii Warriors are a bunch of cupcakes and disrespectfully scheduled as the easy win Homecoming Game opponent.

I wonder who else on the Hawaii schedule is showing the Warriors such disrespect as to pencil them in as a cupcake Homecoming easy win?

I mean, WOW! No Respect.

Live Aloha/Play Warrior

Work Grind/Earn Respect/Play Swag/Go Warriors!
Fresno State too.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

It's going to take some time before Hawaii establishes itself as a contender in the MWC so based on the past seven years of losing seasons, I would choose Hawaii as a homecoming game. Hawaii could have chosen UNLV or Nevada as homecoming instead of Duquesne but I don't think Hawaii had the confidence that they have right now. SJSU alumni were treated to a good game, hopefully BYU will also. I plan to wear green at Fresno.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Grinch wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:59 pm BYU is big on D. Defensive ends are 6’7 plus.
But, the Cougars were big when Chad Owens and Co. beat um. And, we have Padello!!!
BYU got some big boys, but no problem!!! Counter that with spreading out the defense, make those 6'7" LB/DE's cover 5'9"-5'10" wr's!!! We'll end up hitting them for 70+ like when Coach Rolovich was the QB!!!! Haha!!!
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Grinch wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:59 pm BYU is big on D. Defensive ends are 6’7 plus.
But, the Cougars were big when Chad Owens and Co. beat um. And, we have Padello!!!
Cole plays like he is 6’7.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

If BYU starts their frosh QB, I hope our D blitzes and rattles him. Hope we can stop the run, make them one-dimensional, and pin our ears back. Lol.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

I believe we have the talent to beat BYU, but it will comedown to coaching and if we implement the right game plan. On offense, if we use the same game plan as we had against Wyoming, and SJSU, we lose. Most likely BYU will use the same D that the last 2-3 teams have used against us, using 6 in pass coverage and dropping 1-2 more in given situations. I'm guessing we should run more power sweeps with Holly, Reed or Dale (speed guys), delayed QB & RB draws, roll outs with a run or pass option for Cole. That will get BYU out of the 6 in coverage allowing our guys to run our normal O. IMO.

Here's to a good game with no injuries on both sides. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

I hope our guys show Dillon Collie some Aloha after the game, but during the game, kick his okole. lol

Blue Shark
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Blue Shark »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:46 pm I believe we have the talent to beat BYU, but it will comedown to coaching and if we implement the right game plan. On offense, if we use the same game plan as we had against Wyoming, and SJSU, we lose. Most likely BYU will use the same D that the last 2-3 teams have used against us, using 6 in pass coverage and dropping 1-2 more in given situations. I'm guessing we should run more power sweeps with Holly, Reed or Dale (speed guys), delayed QB & RB draws, roll outs with a run or pass option for Cole. That will get BYU out of the 6 in coverage allowing our guys to run our normal O. IMO.

Here's to a good game with no injuries on both sides. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!
I agree