*** Official Hawaii vs Duquesne, Game 5 Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official Hawaii vs Duquesne, Game 5 Thread ***

Post by RedZone »

I think our d did a really nice job shutting down their running game. Our tackles on the inside were solid tonight. Our offense started off slow but I wonder if the lineup change had something to do with it. With the type of offensive schemes we are using I can understand how difficult it is for our new quarterback to run it. Our special teams need work.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Why didn't Ursua and Byrd start the game? I heard on the radio call-in show they missed the first one or two series.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

It was kind of a boring game after watching Stanford/Oregon.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

stranger808 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:32 am Why didn't Ursua and Byrd start the game? I heard on the radio call-in show they missed the first one or two series.
I missed that. To send a message of some kind?
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

What happened to Zeno Choi? Did he get into the same disciplinary type deal as Solomon Matautia?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:50 am What happened to Zeno Choi? Did he get into the same disciplinary type deal as Solomon Matautia?
He played.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 am
shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:50 am What happened to Zeno Choi? Did he get into the same disciplinary type deal as Solomon Matautia?
He played.
Thanks. No tackles, no stats. Anybody notice if he had any push on any kind of rush or chasing the end arounds?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 am
He played.
Thanks. No tackles, no stats. Anybody notice if he had any push on any kind of rush or chasing the end arounds?
I never even noticed him being on the field. But Scott Robbs interviewed him post-game and it sounded like he had played.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:03 pm

He played.
I never even noticed him being on the field. But Scott Robbs interviewed him post-game and it sounded like he had played.
He looked pretty good in the first three wins. I'm hoping that someone is pushing him for his job or he's saving his push for the likes of SDSU and Fresno.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

zeno played. i like watching him. the o-line was double teaming him for most plays.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

st808 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 pm zeno played. i like watching him. the o-line was double teaming him for most plays.
That's a good sign for Zeno, it means teams are respecting his play.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

He played.
Solomon was in street clothes, sitting with his family

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

He played.
On Wilson’s interception Zeno was pushing his blocker back towards the quarterback. Probably one of the reasons the pass ended up short. Hr wa used throughout the game. Moved around on the dline.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

RedZone wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:33 pm

He played.
On Wilson’s interception Zeno was pushing his blocker back towards the quarterback. Probably one of the reasons the pass ended up short. Hr wa used throughout the game. Moved around on the dline.
Thanks Redzone. Its tough when Spectrum does the tv telecast and all I follow is the guys on the radio and the live stats. Doesn't really show the guys flying around on defense or wrapping up on defense as opposed missing tackles and it doesn't tell you about qb hurries.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

stranger808 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:32 am Why didn't Ursua and Byrd start the game? I heard on the radio call-in show they missed the first one or two series.
I think this is Rolo in trying to psych them out. So they study film on UH and practice targeting Ursua and Byrd, the #1 and #2 guy. And then they are not there. There perhaps was no film (watched) on #3 and #4 receivers.

It's like that fake hike lined up for Ursa. The defense did bite on it, cause they saw the film. It was a fake on top of of a fake. So TD.

I think Rolo got more tricks in the playbook that we never seen yet. I would not be surprise to see Cole take the snap under Center. He is saving that for later...

As for Zeno, I cheer for that guy. I think he almost got a clean sack. Like the last game at Army, he seem to be gone after the 2nd half. I don't know if maybe he is not 100% healthy. But the Warrior in him cause him to still play. I'm sure most linemen are hurt now, consider how much they sacrifice on their body.

I recall reading/hearing Zeno is the 3rd strongest guy on the team (Behind #54 and Hensley). Honestly, I kind of wish there was more "highlight" from Zeno. Beast Mode. Then again, maybe that's not what's about. Maybe that steady pressure is what is called for, rather than just a clean "highlight" QB sack.

It sort of reminds me of the (Original) #54 Al Noga. He used to hit people...like old school football when he was young. Then he was taught to be more effective (Sr year) by putting his arm around the guy, and swing him down.

I think it was one of the old BYU games. Noga actually got a hit on the BYU QB, and the guy just bounced off. Noga had him. He was going down by Noga. UH was going to win - for the first time in history. The QB scrambled threw the TD, and UH loss.

I'm not a coach, so I don't know. Maybe Zeno is being effective, when we don't notice it, kind of like all linemen, on both sides.