Cole McDonald

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Cole McDonald

Post by cabanalane »

Counter Point to what I said, I do think the tides are changing, considering Hawaii seem to = QBs now. Must be something in the water or vog.

A while ago, when I hear people talk about Anu Solomon, it was raise a few eye brows, when the discussion lead to that he is from Hawaii. But he really is from Las Vegas, since where we are from, is the last location, right?

O.Ranks
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by O.Ranks »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:18 pm Counter Point to what I said, I do think the tides are changing, considering Hawaii seem to = QBs now. Must be something in the water or vog.

A while ago, when I hear people talk about Anu Solomon, it was raise a few eye brows, when the discussion lead to that he is from Hawaii. But he really is from Las Vegas, since where we are from, is the last location, right?
He's my cousin (Our grandpas are brothers). He's from here.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I do follow Arizona football (since the Dick Tomey days), and I really wish Anu Solomon came back from his injuries, and also the coach to give him the chance.

I don't know, maybe he was rushed back. Maybe the coach was dealing with his own personal issue of cheating on his wife, sexaual assult, which end up costing University of Arizona $8.5million.

Anu was caught in all of that, meaning the coach was trying to divert attention and etc, cause he know what was about to go down, and perhaps was more worried about that, than football.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

EITSwarrior wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:55 pm Checkout this nice read

https://www.athletesforgod.com/cole-mcdonald/page-1
Wow, that's an impressive blog by a young man showing his maturity. Thanks.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Props to this young man, who has worked his tail off and can be proud of want he did on and off the field. It was obvious that we was not the same after the SJSU game. Hopefully, he is fully recovered and ready for the new season. Players like this are easy to cheer for bc he's not self absorbed and genuinely thinks of others. #Champstatus
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Nice read, thank you for sharing.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

Nice article. Thanks
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Ditto, nice read and well written. I understand this is from a faith site and sports. But I would have like to know what Cole's plan is for the future? Ok, the answer is NFL. But like what is he studying, majoring, education, etc.

There was a lot mentioned of Greg Tipton. For the young guys, who? Prior to Carter and the JJ era, IMO, Tipton was GOAT UH QB. Best Dick Tomey had.

Greg Tipton was in several account class with my sister back at UH. And Tipton was in class, doing the work, etc. A "real" student athlete.

Back to Cole, the article perhaps could talk a bit about his academic side too. Again, I understand this is football. But QBs are usually a bit different.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/Athletes_4_God/status/1102622034209767424

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

One thing I don't understand. If Cole was complaining about being sore in that area, why didn't the training staff automatically check him out? Why wait for Cole to keep complaining about the pain. I'm no doctor, but if a player complains about his torso hurting, I'm going to assume its internal and have him looked at. I'm not gonna wait until he keeps complaining about the pain. IDK, seems strange.
No mattah how critical, I support da coach, Rolo. I love what he doing wit Da WARRIORS.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Correct. Even if they never had a good look, or maybe it did not bruise up that fast. The following week, there was no disclosure. And we had the fake "McDonald" out there. I understand about keeping the other team guessing, etc. But at some point, Rolo should have said something. Speaking for myself, I would have "supported" Cordero much more, instead of thinking Rolo was trying to create QB controversy.

I still believe McDonald should start, but would have been nice for fans to know. McDonald is hurt, let him get healthy, instead of of going back and forth like the coaches were indecisive, or lost faith in their QBs.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers

Post by Palolo_2LA »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:24 pm Correct. Even if they never had a good look, or maybe it did not bruise up that fast. The following week, there was no disclosure. And we had the fake "McDonald" out there. I understand about keeping the other team guessing, etc. But at some point, Rolo should have said something. Speaking for myself, I would have "supported" Cordero much more, instead of thinking Rolo was trying to create QB controversy.

I still believe McDonald should start, but would have been nice for fans to know. McDonald is hurt, let him get healthy, instead of of going back and forth like the coaches were indecisive, or lost faith in their QBs.
I think it was part of gamesmanship by Rolo. He does some unorthodox things that are hard to explain, but I'm fine with it as long is it helps the team.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Nice read. Props to Cole. Hope that he heals up completely.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.