*** Official Hawaii vs Rice, Game 3 Thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: *** Hawaii vs Rice, Game 3 Pregame Thread ***

Post by UnBiasFan »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 pm At the beginning of the season, they were predicting that this would be one of two teams that Hawaii could beat but as I look at the past history of Rice versus Hawaii and how they played Houston, this is going to be a tough team to beat. There is no way Hawaii should be favored by 17. They have a physical wide receiver to match their running back that probably rivals the wide receivers they had for CSU.
I understand the healthy skepticism. And there will be a week when the party comes to an end. I really don’t think this is the week.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 pm At the beginning of the season, they were predicting that this would be one of two teams that Hawaii could beat but as I look at the past history of Rice versus Hawaii and how they played Houston, this is going to be a tough team to beat. There is no way Hawaii should be favored by 17. They have a physical wide receiver to match their running back that probably rivals the wide receivers they had for CSU.
I believe we're favored by 17 or so points because Rice barely beat Praire View A&M and last year closed out the season with 10 straight losses. Hawaii on the other hand beat 2 very good teams in CSU and Navy. Rice also has to travel to our house. Big distraction for any team beyond the west coast.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

We have Spectrum cable, anyone know the price for the UH football package? I looked on their site, but didn't see it. I googled it, and didn't see it.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

stranger808 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:11 am
I believe we're favored by 17 or so points because Rice barely beat Praire View A&M and last year closed out the season with 10 straight losses. Hawaii on the other hand beat 2 very good teams in CSU and Navy. Rice also has to travel to our house. Big distraction for any team beyond the west coast.
Thanks for the info regarding the 10 straight losses last year. I saw the Rice highlights from last week and I thought the wide receiver and quarterback look pretty good. They tried running against Prairie View and then they seemed to have tried passing against Houston. Hopefully they don't mix it up too good this weekend. I still think that the 360 degree switch on UH after two games is a bit much and they should be favored by only 7. I like to see the defense shutdown both run and pass. That would really highlight my Saturday night.

BigWave96744

Re: *** Official Hawaii vs Rice, Game 3 Thread ***

Post by BigWave96744 »

Beautiful day for football. Let's Go!!!

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I was reading one the Rice Owls Fan blogs and here is one post they got from the MWC site:

“Beware of the buzzkill Rice Owls. The 1999 and 2001 seasons were the best of times for Hawaii football. The 1999 Warriors shocked college football be finishing 9-4 after a winless 1998 season. The 2001 team went 9-3 and destroyed a previously undefeated BYU team in the season finale. Both those seasons had few negatives, but one common occurrence? Two bad losses to Rice in Honolulu. A 19-38 blowout in 1999, and a close 24-27 loss in 2001. With optimism the highest it has been for years, Hawaii should be wary that these Owls have a history of spoiling the party.”

Rice, Houston and some other mainland teams fans think that Hawaii is all flash and no grit toughness. And they believe their teams have physical size that can over power Hawaii in all 3 phases of the game.

Of course, they also think that Navy might not be a very good team and Hawaii hasn’t proven anything. Which may or may not be the case for Navy Football, we have to see how they do throughout the season.

The nay sayers are still nay saying about the 2018 Hawaii Football team. The Hawaii Football team still has to come out and put a relentless beat down on every team they play. Then maybe they will get some respect. And then after the nay sayers stop nay saying, the Hawaii Warriors need to continue to work, grind and deliver even more relentless beat downs!

Live Aloha/Play Warrior

Work Grind/Earn Respect!

Go Warriors!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

stranger808 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:13 am We have Spectrum cable, anyone know the price for the UH football package? I looked on their site, but didn't see it. I googled it, and didn't see it.
https://www.spectrum.com/uh-ppv.html

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:hello1: On College GAMEDAY( early this morning HST), Herbstreit and Adam Pollack had nice things to say..."Hawaii CAN score!" \:D/
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Rice led Houston in the half. Today Houston demolished Arizona. So, using that as a comparison, Hawaii has to have their game on.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Fried Rice Day!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

ubercow wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:58 am
stranger808 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:13 am We have Spectrum cable, anyone know the price for the UH football package? I looked on their site, but didn't see it. I googled it, and didn't see it.
https://www.spectrum.com/uh-ppv.html
Thank you, ubbercow! much mahalos!

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:42 am I was reading one the Rice Owls Fan blogs and here is one post they got from the MWC site:

“Beware of the buzzkill Rice Owls. The 1999 and 2001 seasons were the best of times for Hawaii football. The 1999 Warriors shocked college football be finishing 9-4 after a winless 1998 season. The 2001 team went 9-3 and destroyed a previously undefeated BYU team in the season finale. Both those seasons had few negatives, but one common occurrence? Two bad losses to Rice in Honolulu. A 19-38 blowout in 1999, and a close 24-27 loss in 2001. With optimism the highest it has been for years, Hawaii should be wary that these Owls have a history of spoiling the party.”

Rice, Houston and some other mainland teams fans think that Hawaii is all flash and no grit toughness. And they believe their teams have physical size that can over power Hawaii in all 3 phases of the game.

Of course, they also think that Navy might not be a very good team and Hawaii hasn’t proven anything. Which may or may not be the case for Navy Football, we have to see how they do throughout the season.

The nay sayers are still nay saying about the 2018 Hawaii Football team. The Hawaii Football team still has to come out and put a relentless beat down on every team they play. Then maybe they will get some respect. And then after the nay sayers stop nay saying, the Hawaii Warriors need to continue to work, grind and deliver even more relentless beat downs!

Live Aloha/Play Warrior

Work Grind/Earn Respect!

Go Warriors!
These fans don't understand the spread/Run and Shoot offenses are designed to negate power, size and teams with better talent. If Houston and Rice were an upper echelon SEC team with superior talent, size and power then they can talk the talk and walk the walk, but Houston and Rice are mid-majors just like us. .

Kahaluu Imua Warriors
Starter
Starter

Post by Kahaluu Imua Warriors »

Rice DBs wont know what hit them. Speed receivers, accurate and smart QB and the R&S. Film wont prepare them because they will think our opposition is weak. They will also attack our freshmen linemen and will be surprised by their skills. Besides our offensive blitz, I predict a small coming out party for our D. Warriors 56 - Owls 31 and that's being generous with their offense.

One more thing: Home Crowd goin "Rock-the-House" tonight!!!!
www.southseascinema.org

Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
Warriors! Come out and play-i-ay!
The Ha'a is heard, louder and louder.
Okole is kicked.
Now the enemy runs home to cry to their mother.

Blue Shark
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Blue Shark »

UH95
Starter
Starter

Post by UH95 »

Good stop D