Navy post game thoughts

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

Re: Navy post game thoughts

Post by uhwarriors »

rocket808 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:44 am #proud

Great job Coach Rolo
Rocket808, nice to see you back on the board. It's been a long time. Totally agree with your post. Me too.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Congrats to Manly (Pumba) Williams for containing the Navy QB and getting lots of recognition from Randy Cross in the booth. Three years in the making coming out with two sacks of an elusive qb.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

There was some fixable stuff like dropped passes, fumble and errand passes that could have been interceptions. It did rain during the game and that might have contributed to the dropped passes and errand passes.

Rolo has taking over calling the plays on offense and made a great decision to bring back the Hawaii Warrior RnS. Rolo, Brian Smith, Craig Stutzman played and coached the RnS. It's fair to say they are experts in the RnS and adding the RPO element just like the 2010-2011 Hawaii Warrior offense is smart. And Rolo, Smith and Stutz know the type of recruits that will excel in the RnS.

Having experts like Bryant Moniz and Mouse Davis drop by and to consult is very beneficial. Kudos to Moniz for offering a open to the public instruction on the 2010-2011 RnS offense... Moniz is a true Hawaii Warrior! Kudos to the ones that took advantage of Moniz's instruction.

The whole team played great and played with swag, fun and joy. It's been so long since Hawaii has had a block kick for a TD (Kick-six).

Seeing the Hawaii in all black uniforms with that helmet gave me chicken skin and tearing with pride!!! They looked good, felt good and played good... Hawaii swag has returned! Thank you Rolo!

Live Aloha/Play Warrior

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Hicks made some great plays, and Pumba Williams made his name known.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Similar to last week. We started off strong then went into a lull then had to score to keep them off of our backs. The good was that Navy had to open up their playbook which gives us a lot of tape on what we need to fix. The best was only one penalty. I don’t remember when or if I have ever seen that before. We need to work on our blocking. One of the worst thing that can happen is having a defender loose up the middle in our quarterbacks face. I know Cole fumbled but he got rocked by 2 Navy defenders. I like how the coaches are rotating players on defense. With more PT I think they will get better.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UH offense with the run and shoot became the fun and shoot again.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

rocket808
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by rocket808 »

uhwarriors wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:18 am
rocket808 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:44 am #proud

Great job Coach Rolo
Rocket808, nice to see you back on the board. It's been a long time. Totally agree with your post. Me too.
Thanks Uhwarriors. Now have 3 kids, youngest almost 3, so I got some sports breathing room again!
UH grad
active Hawaii road game attender

GO WARRIORS!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Link

The WILD Bunch HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Link
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:58 pm
Having experts like Bryant Moniz and Mouse Davis drop by and to consult is very beneficial. Kudos to Moniz for offering a open to the public instruction on the 2010-2011 RnS offense... Moniz is a true Hawaii Warrior! Kudos to the ones that took advantage of Moniz's instruction.

The whole team played great and played with swag, fun and joy. It's been so long since Hawaii has had a block kick for a TD (Kick-six).

Seeing the Hawaii in all black uniforms with that helmet gave me chicken skin and tearing with pride!!! They looked good, felt good and played good... Hawaii swag has returned! Thank you Rolo!

Live Aloha/Play Warrior
So far, Cole play more like Moniz, than other UH QB Greats. Although he didn't run as much in the 2nd game, and I agree the QB should not take too many hits. But Moniz was more thick, so I'm guessing he could take more punishment.

I didn't get chicken skin with the all-black look. For me, was more like, who's that??? Nah, that's my team.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

if you didn't get to see the televised version, it's available here:

Link

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:30 am If McDonald does not get MWC offensive player of the week, then Hawaii needs to look for another conference to play in. They also don't get a whole lot of calls from the MWC refs.
Now that Hawaii has had positive recognition by the MWC, I hope that we will be getting a favorable view by the MWC referees. In any case, I think the boys on the team have taken the bad calls against them without letting them get them down in the past.