Week 1 vs Navy -- OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Week 1 vs Navy -- OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Post by BigWave96744 »

Reminder the game starts at 5pm and televised on CBS Sports Network Spectrum 1247

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Re: Week 1 vs Navy -- Pregame Thread

Post by Nisei »

I'm feeling a bit better about this one. I still think it's going to be difficult to beat Navy, but we have a chance. If we can score early, eliminate stupid penalties, and protect the football, I think we have a shot.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Nisei wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:40 pm I'm feeling a bit better about this one. I still think it's going to be difficult to beat Navy, but we have a chance. If we can score early, eliminate stupid penalties, and protect the football, I think we have a shot.
College football teams usually make their biggest improvements between the first and second week.

I will disappointed if we don’t score six touchdowns. That should be enough.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I know everyone (and including me) like the R&S for UH. But I do like the Option. Paul Johnson's Option, and Kenny learned from the best. Watching Carter (and also Gabriel) run it, always hold a special place for me in my UH Football memories.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 am I know everyone (and including me) like the R&S for UH. But I do like the Option. Paul Johnson's Option, and Kenny learned from the best. Watching Carter (and also Gabriel) run it, always hold a special place for me in my UH Football memories.
I like both but I prefer the RnS for the ability to come back quickly. But, if not run properly, it's an O that will get behind quickly.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

So, anybody have any insight regarding Tavai? Regardless, I think the defense is going to have to stop the six yard gains up the middle.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

What exactly are "team rules?" That's everything under the sun. Did he came back to the hotel 7 mins late? Got into a fight with a teammate? Or did he chew out Rolo in a meeting? Being a Senior, Captain, and Leader on the team with young guys look up to him.

Whatever it is, I hope it did not blow up the team. Recall when Naole left, the team was doing well, and we saw the potential..Something happened, and it was big, or grew like a cancer that eventually crippled the team.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

This is the double or nothing game. The college football world was very impressed with UH in Ft. Collins, the Vegas folks not as much. Even with a loss, this is already a great start to the season...but a win Saturday means Hawaii is going to be a thorn in the side of Fresno and SDSU in the West, whom both thought the division race was a two-team contest.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

This game's on CBS sports TV, will it be blacked out in Hawaii? I kinda think so, but like double check with you guys.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

stranger808 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:44 pm This game's on CBS sports TV, will it be blacked out in Hawaii? I kinda think so, but like double check with you guys.
Since it's not part of the Spectrum PPV package, it shouldn't be. The Colorado State game wasn't, and it was broadcast on 1247.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

cabanalane wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:28 am What exactly are "team rules?" That's everything under the sun.
this is the problem right? We've seen this excuse used for super minor stuff like being late to some really unsavory stuff (Will Gregory, anyone?)
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

This is actually a good game for Tavai to show the scouts what he can do especially with the national broadcast.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:51 am This is actually a good game for Tavai to show the scouts what he can do especially with the national broadcast.
Correct, this is his chance. LB play will be important in the Option offense. Tavai, either is going to look real good like a Beast, or a non-factor.

I got the feeling Tavai may be a non-factor as Kenny Niumatalolo already have a plan to neutralize the LBs. This is not a knock on Tavai, but more on how good Kenny is. No doubt he follows Hawaii football more than just an opponent and know who's who.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

pre-game interviews

Link

warriorfan007
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warriorfan007 »

Coaches should at film from every army vs navy game and devise a game plan to not stop, but contain the triple option.