Re: Is Hawaii back in black?

Post by Neighbor »

Sorry so what's the significance of the tapa being only on the left side

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:27 am Look good, feel good, play good.
Absolutely!

O.Ranks
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by O.Ranks »

Definitely a step up!
Best UA uniforms yet, the last ones looked very walmart tourist section esque (where they have the fake leis, tiki stuff, etc.)
Wish the white had white sleeves, and the black had green numbers w/ white outline.
Still looking good though.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

ehh... the uniforms look kinda plain to me. at least the pants don't look like they are wearing garter belts anymore, so that's an improvement. I am happy that we have black jerseys again, however.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Looks fine to me.
ImageImage

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

i agree the white jersey should be all white.the green sleeves remind me of the norm chow era.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

Nice!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

full size vid

Link

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

i'm so happy to be talking football again!!!!!

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Agreed³ that the white jerseys should be all white. Besides the tapa print, no contrasting sleeves, color blocking, stripes or piping. Keep it simple like the old Nike unis. And I wish they made the tapa band on the pants go straight across instead of at an angle, again, like the old Nike unis.

Also agree that the all-white unis/silver helmets were slick, probably the nicest combo we've ever had, IMO.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

reignjah11 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:44 am
My3Cats wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:54 am
reignjah11 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:55 am Finally some nice unis by UA! Love that they went back to the Nike 2000s look. It's simple but sharp.

Only suggestion for the black jersey is that I wish the number was green and the outline was white.
Those numbers were the hardest to read. Papa Leahey messed up his number calling all the time because they were tough to see.
True but this gives me chicken skin! Image
Yes, I agree. Those shown above that Colt's wearing, and I also like the all white and silver uniforms.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I feel like Rolo's version is a good compromise. Loved the on-field product of the Brennan era, but we were starting to look like the Raiders. Hardly any green in the overall look. Black, silver are not school colors. This new look by Under Armour captures the overall essence of the JJ era look, but still incorporates school colors.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

J-Rod wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 am I feel like Rolo's version is a good compromise. Loved the on-field product of the Brennan era, but we were starting to look like the Raiders. Hardly any green in the overall look. Black, silver are not school colors. This new look by Under Armour captures the overall essence of the JJ era look, but still incorporates school colors.
Chow wanted to return back to the retro OG Rainbows that he remembered, during his youth. I get the retro vibes. There is a place for retro.

I recall reading something like kids today want "new" uniforms and not look like the last gen. Uniforms (sports - football) have become a fashion statement in the world of FB, IG, social media. What matters is how they look when they post their pics. Fashion and Sports goes together now. Back then, football players may not shave. They don't shave because they are not pretty boys. Now it's about styling that beard, and being on-point.

Imagine if UH uniforms were pink and yellow, no one would sign on, no matter the coach, system, or ranking.

But with a mean black uniform that show their friends, family, and the world, they are badass, kids would sign up.

To be honest, green was never mean, not even on Mean Joe Green. Steelers wear black.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:22 pm Chow wanted to return back to the retro OG Rainbows that he remembered, during his youth. I get the retro vibes. There is a place for retro.

I recall reading something like kids today want "new" uniforms and not look like the last gen. Uniforms (sports - football) have become a fashion statement in the world of FB, IG, social media. What matters is how they look when they post their pics. Fashion and Sports goes together now. Back then, football players may not shave. They don't shave because they are not pretty boys. Now it's about styling that beard, and being on-point.

Imagine if UH uniforms were pink and yellow, no one would sign on, no matter the coach, system, or ranking.

But with a mean black uniform that show their friends, family, and the world, they are badass, kids would sign up.

To be honest, green was never mean, not even on Mean Joe Green. Steelers wear black.
See, this is what's funny though. We think we know what kids want...yet when recruits visit Manoa, plenty of them find the Rainbow stuff pretty cool. Ultimately I think recruits love having plenty of options.