O-Line's Performance Against San Jose

Post by uhwarriors »

274 yards rushing
0 sacks
0 unsportsmanlike penalties
1 holding penalty
1 illegal man down field on an RPO play that Brown couldn't release on time
1 false start

In spite of being banged up, the O-line had a good night against San Jose. Props to them and Coach Estes. Also credit to Estes for bench adjustments after the first two drives in the 1st quarter. San Jose was bringing some unexpected stunts and stuffing the run. After they figured out what San Jose was doing, I could see Estes with the drawing board going over blocking schemes with the O-line. After that our running game was clicking.

The bye week comes at a good time for the O-line. Posa got injured and didn't return. Ulu-Perry suited up, but didn't play. Several others got dinged but gutted it out and finished the game.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: O-Line's Performance Against San Jose

Post by poidog »

i don't know who is right and who is wrong in the whole Naeole situation and I know that he has a ton of knowledge and coaching ability, but sometimes change can be good, even if just for the sake of change. Hopefully, this change allowed the OLine to refocus and start fresh and that's why we saw improvement. I'll always be a Naeole fan, but so far so good. If the players respond well to Estes, let's see what they can do the rest of the way...

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Results speak for itself. 2 games 2 200 yd games by Saint Juste.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Even Ryan had some nice holes to run through. Eli and Waa doubled on the nose tackle and drove him into the endzone creating a nice hole for Dioceme to score a touchdown. I thought that the oline did a really good job. They gave Dru time to throw.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

The OL play of the game occurred when the coaches directed one of the linemen to fake an injury on the field. Estes must have jumped ten feet in the air screaming at the player to fall to the ground.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Here's hoping that John Estes is just the man that the offense needs to get the O-Line moving in the right direction and headed to a bowl game at the end.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

passepartout
High-quality H20 provider
NFL: Americas team

Post by passepartout »

Was it a patchwork OL? Posa out, FUP out, Allen in? Who were the backups that did well? I'm guessing Eli and Waa are doing well.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

When your backup runningback can get in the game and run the way he did. You know that the oline is okay. SJS was really trying to stop StJ but he still got over 200 yards. Dru sure had more than enough time on a lot of plays but the ball seems to be coming out late on his throws. Waa and Eli did a nice job driving the nose tackle into the endzone giving Dioceme a huge hole right up the middle for the TD. I was worried when Posa went down but Matt Norman did a good job when he came in.

I hope they will work more with the connection between Dru and the receivers. It just seems to be off.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse

Post by Irse »

RedZone wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:17 am When your backup runningback can get in the game and run the way he did. You know that the oline is okay. SJS was really trying to stop StJ but he still got over 200 yards. Dru sure had more than enough time on a lot of plays but the ball seems to be coming out late on his throws. Waa and Eli did a nice job driving the nose tackle into the endzone giving Dioceme a huge hole right up the middle for the TD. I was worried when Posa went down but Matt Norman did a good job when he came in.

I hope they will work more with the connection between Dru and the receivers. It just seems to be off.
I think they changed up some things on the offense like more sight adjust routes. Not sure how comfortable they are with that.
ImageImage

Wild Warrior

Post by Wild Warrior »

If the O-line continues to improve and keeps putting up the strong results, then I would say that Coach Estes deserves a shot at taking over the OL coaching position on a full time basis. I know he will teach solid technique and inspire them to play with an edge. During his four years as a UH starter, Estes was never the biggest, fastest, or strongest, but he was for sure one of the best. Those results came from proper technique and a bad a$$ approach to the game.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Unless Coach Cav wants to come back (highly unlikely), I wouldn't mind seeing John as our OL coach.
ImageImage