Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Unofficial Game Thread --- Air Force

Post by EITSwarrior »

kalua pig wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:
kalua pig wrote:i watched a lot of hawaii football.im talking about 2 decades every game.radio if not televised.this is the first time i saw the team quit.
Nah I can think of at least a couple more times I've seen a Hawaii team quit. Maybe first time at home.
what games you talking about?
Boise game a few weeks ago

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

I am still here at the stadium. I don't know why.

ttmf
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ttmf »

I Feel sorry for the Chow and Wittek. Hard to run the type of offense when you don't have the players. Gotta think when you're used to playing with a team of 4 star players compared to 2 star players. I think Chow would probably do better with his coaching style if he had those high caliber players.
No matter what though UH will never be a top program because we don't and can't aff the coaches to get the good players. Also what good coach will put their reputation on the line for a university that has everything stacked against them because where we are located...travel and lack of support from from state government and the corruption and ignorance of the university ....board of regents
EH, BUT AT LEAST WE GOING GET RAIL!!!! Lol
IT'S JUST A GAME!

ttmf
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ttmf »

All right! Al least we didn't get a FORTH shut out.
IT'S JUST A GAME!

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Bears

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

Nice Kick return for a TD. Go Maui boy!

Now there is no way that last Air Force extra point was good. It was clearly wide left.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Chowwwwww-fanssssss

Chowwwwww-fanssssss

Wheeeereee are you? Your coach sucks okole!

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

ttmf wrote:I Feel sorry for the Chow and Wittek. Hard to run the type of offense when you don't have the players. Gotta think when you're used to playing with a team of 4 star players compared to 2 star players. I think Chow would probably do better with his coaching style if he had those high caliber players.
No matter what though UH will never be a top program because we don't and can't aff the coaches to get the good players. Also what good coach will put their reputation on the line for a university that has everything stacked against them because where we are located...travel and lack of support from from state government and the corruption and ignorance of the university ....board of regents
Can't feel sorry for Chow. Never will. Should've adapted and changed his offense based on the players he has/inherited. From day one he arrived he tried to shove a square peg in a round hole. So no sympathy for him.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

EITSwarrior wrote:
kalua pig wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:
Nah I can think of at least a couple more times I've seen a Hawaii team quit. Maybe first time at home.
what games you talking about?
Boise game a few weeks ago
that looked like fatigue to me.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

even the assistant coaches quit on chow.anybody that defends chow is delusional.this is garbage.just like rail.

QbreakN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by QbreakN »

chow should resign. he broke is old record with 15118 attending tonight

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

ttmf wrote:I Feel sorry for the Chow and Wittek. Hard to run the type of offense when you don't have the players. Gotta think when you're used to playing with a team of 4 star players compared to 2 star players. I think Chow would probably do better with his coaching style if he had those high caliber players.
Norm, is that you?

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

poidog wrote:
Norm, is that you?
If he couldn't recruit his kind of players in the first two years he should have revised his thinking and game plan.... no sympathy here. He's paid way too much for any sympathy. He's not supposed to be on on the job training candidate.. it's not what he was hired for. UH screwed up royally.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

ttmf wrote:No matter what though UH will never be a top program because we don't and can't aff the coaches to get the good players. Also what good coach will put their reputation on the line for a university that has everything stacked against them because where we are located...travel and lack of support from from state government and the corruption and ignorance of the university
You make like no one has ever won here before. There are only two head coaches in recent memory who could not win here: Fred Von Appen and Norm Chow. Don't give me that BS about how we will never be a top program or that coaches won't want to coach here. We had good candidates the last time around and we'll have good candidates again this off-season. When people say we can't do this or we can't do that because we can't throw a ton of money at the program it just sounds like rationalizations for not wanting to be wrong about Chow or someone trying to sound more enlightened than everyone by claiming there is a root cause that has a bigger impact than gross incompetence at the head coach level. Well guess what, if you think there is a bigger reason than Chow for the past four seasons of losing you aren't more enlightened than anyone. It's like someone blaming their obesity on the availability of fast food when, in fact, they just really love bacon and buffalo wings (this is me!). Gotta stop eating the bad food first and then try to figure out the fast food problem after you've got better food in the fridge.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

poidog wrote:
Norm, is that you?
If we had the players he had at USC we could draw up plays on our hands like little kid time playing in streets. He had reggie bush, lendale white, leinart, carson palmer, steve smith, dwayne jarrett. . . . on and on. UH cannot afford to keep him.

Drewster
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Drewster »

Class of 94'