Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Re: *** OFFICIAL UH vs WASHINGTON 2014 GAME DAY THREAD ***

Post by tico brown »

It's been a while since I've stayed up until 2am watching/listening to Hawaii Football. Too bad they lost but it was a pretty good game. They played well vs a ranked team who were supposed to blow UH out. Here's hoping they keep improving in 2014.

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Just came from a great game. At airport. Question: Was it a late hit by No. 1 on QB in second quarter?? I didn't see it, but boy that hurt.

Our online played well. Joey is a beast.
Our inside linebackers and safeties did well.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

Grinch wrote:Just came from a great game. At airport. Question: Was it a late hit by No. 1 on QB in second quarter?? I didn't see it, but boy that hurt.

Yes, it was roughing the passer called on Ne'Quan Phillips.

Also, at the end of the game, when the Washington RB got that last first down, if you recorded the game, look at it in slow motion - his left foot steps out of bounds before he gets the first down. You can clearly see the pellets from the turf fly up, and an official was right on the spot, but whatever.

season ticket holder
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by season ticket holder »

My level of optimism is about the same, still see a lot of the reasons why we've only won 3 games in 2 seasons.

I won't judge this team off of only one game but UW played terrible and they still won.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

The MVP's for this game was Scott Harding (Special Teams), Joey Iosefa (Offense) and Clune second half adjustments on defense (The entire defense was MVP). Team depth chart stood out today, the rotation from 1st string to 2nd string had no effect or fall off on the game. But poor TE Jordan Pu'u Robinson can't catch a break from the injury bug.

But the team as a whole look fast, in-shape and tough while whipping Washington's experienced, highly touted players on the O-line and D-line. Norm Chow asking for Gary Beemer to train the Hawaii Football players paid off and it shows that the recuiting/talent on the roster can play smash mouth football with the big boys this season.

Needs inprovement- The WR's need to catch the ball when it hits them in the hands and Woolsey did a good job managing the game and not throwing interceptions/fumbles. Woolsey needs to work on his timing and touch with his passes there where many big plays that was over thrown or missed. Offense playcalling in the 4th quarter.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

Hey, look, even the CBS Sports guys saw the RB stepped out.

Video is in the link below, watch at 1:35.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... ASH@HAWAII

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

Grinch wrote:Just came from a great game. At airport. Question: Was it a late hit by No. 1 on QB in second quarter?? I didn't see it, but boy that hurt.

My thoughts after coming home from game:
Gener is a tackling machine
Iosefa is a beast. Norm needs to have the slot or wideout come around to hold the defensive ends more a la Oregon offense.
Too bad, that roughing the passer and offsides penalty on 3rd down hurt a lot.
Heck, why not use Kewan to through the WR pass if anyone going do it????
UW backup QB is lousy.
Our offensive line really shut down their top pass rusher after one sack.

oldhawaiiguy
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by oldhawaiiguy »

Both teams looked like bad HS teams.

Perhaps UW with junk backup QB played down to UH's level.

It seemed like UH only had one offensive play...run Iosefa up the middle and hope for the best. He's good but can't be the only play in the book.

Painful game to watch.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

oldhawaiiguy wrote:Both teams looked like bad HS teams.

Perhaps UW with junk backup QB played down to UH's level.

It seemed like UH only had one offensive play...run Iosefa up the middle and hope for the best. He's good but can't be the only play in the book.

Painful game to watch.
Geez what more do you want? This ain't Florida st vs Alabama! No paper washington was supposed to have crushed us but we held our own! This was far from a bad HS game i mean you had few penalties, no turnovers, good tackling, physical play, etc. Hawaii losing this game came down to 3 things...late hit penalty, missing open wr on trick play, missed fg at the end of the half. And those things can be fixed, just gotta execute and play smarter. Maybe you should find a new team to support if you were expecting us to play like Alabama, Florida St, Oregon, etc.