DT, Lawrence Lagafuaina is trying to transfer to UH.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Re: UPDATE: DT, Lawrence Lagafuaina (Soft Verbal to UDUB.)

Post by gambit_808 »

RedZone wrote:
ironlion808 wrote:
SRJC wrote:U-Dub recruiting Hawaii hecka... Taz Stevenson, Micah Hatchie, Lagafuaina. Could get Fehoko, Tanielu, Fuimaono, and lolohea.
Sarkisian is serving Aloha in Washington. He must know Hawaii very well, all those years he played in the WAC with BYU.
well i hope they do what they feel is best for them and their family. as much as i like washington.....there is so much to not love as well. if they can handble being away from the islands that long then good....but each year i spend here makes we wish i never left.

but hey, sark is a good coach. cant hate em for leaving. i just feel there is a huge lack of respect for hawaiians up here. especially recently for some reason.
He can play with the squirrels. 8)
haha i was trippin at em at first but they are bad news!!! they forreal attack you....i know

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

ironlion808 wrote:
al wrote:udub has always been a thorn in our recruiting side.
this goes way back.
inspite of the cold, the surroundings are something different for us locals and there are a lot of locals at udub and in the community.
yeah i guess so. there are locals...but seems less and less now days. u ate hawaiian breeze yet?
no i haven't.

a friend opened an l an l years ago and sold it.

PuaLane
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by PuaLane »

UH backer all the way. However, if you've ever taken a walk around the UW campus itself, you'd be impressed. I can see why local kids could be swayed once they visit. Has to be one of the most beautiful and scenic campuses in the nation. Almost immaculate in terms of the upkeep of the buildings and facilities, the lawn, Cherry Trees, etc. They actually carefully plan where a new building will best fit on campus. And you don't see the janitors or maintenance people hanging around taking smoke breaks in the open there, unlike @ UH Manoa. Has a real "collegiate" feel there and tons of Local Kids attending there. I think the UW Hawaii Club's luau is one of the biggest one's on the West Coast. The athletic facilites are "ok" by Pac-10 standards, but Husky Stadium is getting up there in age. Oregon has definitely surpassed UW with Phil Knight's $$.

The weather is a bummer, though. Closest thing to a beach is in West Seattle at Alki Beach. You can get your fix for poi, lau lau (flown in daily) or a plate lunch at Uwajimaya's in the International district (nice, new store, but the area is kinda slummy).

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

i disagree on UW luau having attended it.

no you dont see janitors hanging out....you just see parking nazis trying to give you tickets for every little thing.

lets keep it real. ALKI beach ISNT a beach. its completely whack. dirty okole sand with punks mugging people at nightime. only thing cool you could do there is go to anchor park at low tide and skimboard. NO SURF

the closest beach that resembles anything like a real hawaii beach is 2 hours away is at westport. Uwajis is OK. cant really compare it to the real deal. even aloha plates. only real good plate is the ahi steak. although they do sell zippys chili
PuaLane wrote:UH backer all the way. However, if you've ever taken a walk around the UW campus itself, you'd be impressed. I can see why local kids could be swayed once they visit. Has to be one of the most beautiful and scenic campuses in the nation. Almost immaculate in terms of the upkeep of the buildings and facilities, the lawn, Cherry Trees, etc. They actually carefully plan where a new building will best fit on campus. And you don't see the janitors or maintenance people hanging around taking smoke breaks in the open there, unlike @ UH Manoa. Has a real "collegiate" feel there and tons of Local Kids attending there. I think the UW Hawaii Club's luau is one of the biggest one's on the West Coast. The athletic facilites are "ok" by Pac-10 standards, but Husky Stadium is getting up there in age. Oregon has definitely surpassed UW with Phil Knight's $$.

The weather is a bummer, though. Closest thing to a beach is in West Seattle at Alki Beach. You can get your fix for poi, lau lau (flown in daily) or a plate lunch at Uwajimaya's in the International district (nice, new store, but the area is kinda slummy).

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

UPDATE 12/13/09

Lagafuaina will schedule UH visit sometime after Christmas.

LINK: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/926628.html
Still planning on visiting UH
by Chris Fetters of Scout.com, December 14, 2009 at 1:41am ET

Lawrence Lagafuaina was expecting to fit in a trip to Hawai'i this weekend, but a football game got in the way. The 6-foot-2, 310-pound DT from 'Aiea was on the victorious West team, as they dispatched the East team 27-6 Saturday in the Hawai'i Union Builders Goodwill Senior Bowl at Aloha Stadium.

"I had a sack and a couple of tackles," Lagaufaina told Scout.com Sunday night.

Because of game obligations, UH told Lagafuaina that they wanted to reschedule his official visit until after Christmas. He told Scout that while he is verbally committed to Washington, he still plans on taking the UH visit, even with the delay.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

ironlion808 wrote:i disagree on UW luau having attended it.

no you dont see janitors hanging out....you just see parking nazis trying to give you tickets for every little thing.

lets keep it real. ALKI beach ISNT a beach. its completely whack. dirty okole sand with punks mugging people at nightime. only thing cool you could do there is go to anchor park at low tide and skimboard. NO SURF

the closest beach that resembles anything like a real hawaii beach is 2 hours away is at westport. Uwajis is OK. cant really compare it to the real deal. even aloha plates. only real good plate is the ahi steak. although they do sell zippys chili
PuaLane wrote:UH backer all the way. However, if you've ever taken a walk around the UW campus itself, you'd be impressed. I can see why local kids could be swayed once they visit. Has to be one of the most beautiful and scenic campuses in the nation. Almost immaculate in terms of the upkeep of the buildings and facilities, the lawn, Cherry Trees, etc. They actually carefully plan where a new building will best fit on campus. And you don't see the janitors or maintenance people hanging around taking smoke breaks in the open there, unlike @ UH Manoa. Has a real "collegiate" feel there and tons of Local Kids attending there. I think the UW Hawaii Club's luau is one of the biggest one's on the West Coast. The athletic facilites are "ok" by Pac-10 standards, but Husky Stadium is getting up there in age. Oregon has definitely surpassed UW with Phil Knight's $$.

the closest you'll get to hawaii in washington is to print this out and post it on your wall

When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

DT, Lawrence Lagafuaina will visit UH on 1/29/2010.(Updated)

Post by Sportsbow »

Last edited by Sportsbow on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NFL: Pats

Re: DT, Lawrence Lagafuaina will visit UH on 1/20/2010.

Post by uhwarrior23 »

Hope he loves his UH visit enough to give us a solid verbal!!!!!!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Yeah. He really need him.
ImageImage

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Irse wrote:Yeah. He really need him.
Moreso than VJ, IMO. :-
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

We need DTs and OTs.
ImageImage

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

Irse wrote:We need DTs and OTs.
well, i think that should be the focus every recruiting season, but for some reason it doesnt work that way at UH.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Lawrence,

If you happen to read this, when you visit UH, try to speak with Kaniela, Josh, Mana, Gary and all the other local boys who went away, only to come home and play for the home team. Play in front your friends and family, enjoy the whole State of Hawaii watching and cheering for you if you stay home. Cold up in Washington, hardly any sunny days. . . no shoyu or rice at dinner . . . and they are not the Warriors.

Become a Warrior, Lawrence!

Go Warriors!

allshownogo
Starter
Starter
NBA: Pistons, Nuggets
NFL: Broncos, Lions

Post by allshownogo »

Hope he has a great experience and commits to the warriors. we really need him
"We just need 11 guys to run like a mother to football and hit somebody"

allshownogo
Starter
Starter
NBA: Pistons, Nuggets
NFL: Broncos, Lions

Post by allshownogo »

Any woed on how his visit went?
"We just need 11 guys to run like a mother to football and hit somebody"