DT, Lawrence Lagafuaina is trying to transfer to UH.

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Aiea's DT, Lawrence Lagafuaina to visit UH on 12/11/09.

Post by SmugDude »

Actually, there is an L&L's up in washington too... though I have to admit it's by far the worst one I've ever eaten at.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

SmugDude wrote:Actually, there is an L&L's up in washington too... though I have to admit it's by far the worst one I've ever eaten at.
waiks L&L is the worst, just in my opinon smug....das my experience. its a lot cleaner up here...quality is so-so. no cheap koreans trying to charge extra for sauce. i have to say at least waiks open 24hours tho. that was murder after birthday bash. SMUG you like start one zippy's? We would make CHOKE money up here. lol

there's 2 L&L's in washington....tacoma and lynnwood. planny local spots like ohanas, simon sez, kauai family restaurant. the problem is the weather. it rains constantly which makes me want to move back home. been here too long, 8 years. ITS REALLY DEPRESSING. also the winters have been bad lately...too much snow cannot drive around. washington also has fairweather fans...they will boo you till you leave the city like the sonics did. when you are winning you are awesome, but off the bandwagon as soon as you start losing. thats not just for college but sports in general. no beach...gotta drive 2 hours to westport for barely decent waves. no REAL skim/boogie spots like makapuu, makaha, or sandys

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

And that's exactly why I cheer AGAINST the Huskies and I'm a UW grad.

Can't stand the silly obnoxious fans up here and honestly, I like seeing them sucks rocks.

Though I will admit I think the new coach will turn the program around in a few years.

And yes... a zippy's would make choke money. That said, PM me if you're looking for other local eateries up here as I've found a few other than the ones you've mentioned.

homes808
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by homes808 »

Rick's has a mean buffet with mean entertainment. haha.

sl1322
All-conference
All-conference

Post by sl1322 »

homes808 wrote:Rick's has a mean buffet with mean entertainment. haha.
Federal Way?

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

Rivals.com indicates that Lagafuaina has committed to Washington.

LINK: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... aina-95623

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scout.com says that he's a Soft Verbal.

LINK: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/926628.html
'Aiea DL makes verbal commitment known

By Chris Fetters
Northwest Recruiting Analyst
Posted Dec 6, 2009

Scout.com spoke Sunday evening with Lawrence Lagafuaina, a 6-foot-2, 310-pound defensive lineman from 'Aiea High School in Honolulu. Lagafuaina had just returned from his first official visit - to Washington - and gave his trip a 10. Was it enough to earn the Huskies and first-year head coach Steve Sarkisian a verbal commitment?

"Yeah, I made a commitment," Lagafuaina told Scout.com. "(Sarkisian) was really happy. He was fired up."

But there's a kicker. Lagafuaina has an official visit already planned for the home school, the University of Hawai'i, this coming weekend, and he plans on taking it. And with written scholarship offers from Washington, Hawaii, California, UCLA and UNLV, he could even take another visit before sitting down and making his final decision.

So what was it about the weekend in Seattle - punctuated by the Huskies' 42-10 romp of California - that intrigued Lagafuaina? "It was just great," he said. "It was something different that I had never seen before, and I had a great experience. The game was awesome and the team was ready to play."

Lagafuaina wants to pursue Culinary Arts in college, and Washington used another big man from the islands - freshman DL Semisi Tokolahi - to show Lagafuaina the ropes, Husky-style.

"They took us around, showed us all the places we would go and they talked to me about the classes I would be taking," he said. He also spoke with UW Defensive Coordinator Nick Holt. "He talked to me about how they like me at both (defensive) end and DT."

And then came his talk with Sarkisian. "It was great," Lagafuaina said of his time with the UW head man. "He just asked me how my trip was and how did I feel about it. I told him it was great and I made a verbal commitment."

Lagafuaina made sure to point out that he's still visiting other schools, and he'll take time even beyond that to make sure his commitment to the Huskies is the right one for him. "I'm definitely going to think about it," he said.

al
All-conference
All-conference

Re: UPDATE: DT, Lawrence Lagafuaina (Soft Verbal to UDUB.)

Post by al »

well, just the very fact that he is still gonna take his trip to manoa this weekend means that still get chance.

i know he has attended the home games, so it is not like he missed some of the real game experiences. quite often a 17-18 year old goes on a recruiting trip and is wined and dined all weekend long. the young man gets schmoozed and pressured to give a verbal. this could very well be the case. he may have not said "no" and saying "yes, i could see myself playing here." could have been construed as an affirmative answer.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by gambit_808 »

its 28 degrees in seattle.....i hope u like it here! lol. cant wait to be back in hawaii. brrrrr

warriorfan18
Starter
Starter

Post by warriorfan18 »

Dang this kid would be a good get. Can see him being a quick contributer just on looking at his size and speed. There are a lot of good recruits (3-4 stars) in Hawaii this year I just hope we can get our hands on a couple.

SRJC
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by SRJC »

U-Dub recruiting Hawaii hecka... Taz Stevenson, Micah Hatchie, Lagafuaina. Could get Fehoko, Tanielu, Fuimaono, and lolohea.
Sarkisian is serving Aloha in Washington. He must know Hawaii very well, all those years he played in the WAC with BYU.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

SRJC wrote:U-Dub recruiting Hawaii hecka... Taz Stevenson, Micah Hatchie, Lagafuaina. Could get Fehoko, Tanielu, Fuimaono, and lolohea.
Sarkisian is serving Aloha in Washington. He must know Hawaii very well, all those years he played in the WAC with BYU.
last year he also got Tokolahi and Makaula as well.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by gambit_808 »

SRJC wrote:U-Dub recruiting Hawaii hecka... Taz Stevenson, Micah Hatchie, Lagafuaina. Could get Fehoko, Tanielu, Fuimaono, and lolohea.
well i hope they do what they feel is best for them and their family. as much as i like washington.....there is so much to not love as well. if they can handble being away from the islands that long then good....but each year i spend here makes we wish i never left.

but hey, sark is a good coach. cant hate em for leaving. i just feel there is a huge lack of respect for hawaiians up here. especially recently for some reason.

al
All-conference
All-conference

Post by al »

udub has always been a thorn in our recruiting side.
this goes way back.
inspite of the cold, the surroundings are something different for us locals and there are a lot of locals at udub and in the community.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by gambit_808 »

al wrote:udub has always been a thorn in our recruiting side.
this goes way back.
inspite of the cold, the surroundings are something different for us locals and there are a lot of locals at udub and in the community.
yeah i guess so. there are locals...but seems less and less now days. u ate hawaiian breeze yet?

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

ironlion808 wrote:
well i hope they do what they feel is best for them and their family. as much as i like washington.....there is so much to not love as well. if they can handble being away from the islands that long then good....but each year i spend here makes we wish i never left.

but hey, sark is a good coach. cant hate em for leaving. i just feel there is a huge lack of respect for hawaiians up here. especially recently for some reason.
He can play with the squirrels. 8)
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1: