Future Opponents

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Future Opponents

Post by J-Rod »

A combination of Jim Donovan and Ben Jay have put together a formidable list of opponent for future OOC (out-of-conference) schedules. The current list of OOC opponents is below. Of course, as usual...the MW games will alternate every two years.

What are some OOC opponents you'd personally like to see UH play in the future? Can be for selfish reasons. 8)

2015 - Colorado, @Ohio State, @Wisconsin
2016 - @Michigan, @Kansas
2017 - Kansas, @UCLA, BYU
2018 - Navy, @Army, @BYU, Rice
2019 - Arizona, Oregon State, Army, @Washington
2020 - @Arizona
2021 - Wisconsin, @Oregon State
2022 - Western Kentucky, @Wisconsin

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Future Opponents

Post by J-Rod »

Some personal wants...

SMU - There have been rumors and hype surrounding a June Jones Bowl ever since he left, but still nothing. I'd like to see a UH-SMU home-and-home.
Texas - Probably a huge pay out if we played in Austin, but I'd like to see them come to Oahu.
Washington State - For selfish reasons...close to home for me.
Utah - Always liked the UU-UH games from the old WAC.
Georgia - Probably not a potential win, but I think all UH fans would like another shot.
LSU - Consensus among fans is LSU has the best tailgate scene in college football.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Oregon and Stanford would be great opponents. If you didn't know we are undefeated at Autzen, winning there in 1992.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Oregon - too bad we didn't play them this year so we could see Mariota play. I enjoy watching their games although I would be afraid that they would score a 100 on us.

Florida State - who doesn't want to play the reigning national champs?

Notre Dame - just cause they're notre dame!

Georgia - they humiliated us in the sugar bowl, it would be sweet revenge if we ever could upset them!

USC - we play them long enough you think we would eventually win one?

Of course we would probably get destroyed by every single one of these teams but i rather lose that way to these teams rather than to mid major teams like Tulsa, BYU, Boise St, etc.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

2022? --- holy crap --- we all going to flying around in space ships by then

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

UnBiasFan wrote:2022? --- holy crap --- we all going to flying around in space ships by then
For you Norm Chow Kool-Aiders out there, Chow, as our head coach, will be 76 years old. We might have chance against Western Kentucky by then! \:D/
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

415hawaiiboy
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Giants
NFL: Niners

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

@Cal Berkeley - although humbled these days, lot's of them talk smack to me especially in 2007 when we both were good. Would love to see Hawaii in War Memorial Stadium (@ Cal). Would be a great Hawaii crowd.

@Stanford - Bay Area team that in my wildest dreams I wish we could be in their house. Close drive for me and one to be heavily attended.

Oregon (Aloha Stadium) - I attended a game at Auzten this past year, would like to see us having a higher chance of winning at home.

@Rutgers - I want to talk smack to a NYC buddy of mine. Finding winnable power conference teams, this might be one. Would be nice East Coast media exposure.

South Carolina (home and home) - tough to get direct flights to SC but they have an exciting program and Coach Lou Holtz (would love for him to respect Hawaii in future sports commentary gigs). I go to that part of the country for work sometimes.

Play the entire Pac-12 ("in conference" I wish!)

University of British Columbia (home and home) - I think they play American rules football. If they do, play them. Would be a cool trip to Vancouver and unique international experience.

Houston, Cincy - Round 2 of Football Fight Club, see youtube.

@Boston College - I want another reason to go there.

@Northwestern (Aug or Sept) - visit Chicago again.

Majority of teams above are winnable in an up-cycle level of our program. Need to get back there.

SMU, Georgia for the reasons above. @UCLA will be a nice boyz trip to LA. @Ohio State & @Michigan - going to the Big Houses, great experience.

Other than that, no axe to grind with anyone : )

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

UnBiasFan wrote:2022? --- holy crap --- we all going to flying around in space ships by then
Sadly no hyperdrives by then.

For you Trekkies, it would be warp drives.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

415hawaiiboy wrote:University of British Columbia (home and home) - I think they play American rules football. If they do, play them. Would be a cool trip to Vancouver and unique international experience.
UBC plays football in the NAIA (it's a level below NCAA). They are considering moving up to NCAA Division II.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote:
415hawaiiboy wrote:University of British Columbia (home and home) - I think they play American rules football. If they do, play them. Would be a cool trip to Vancouver and unique international experience.
UBC plays football in the NAIA (it's a level below NCAA). They are considering moving up to NCAA Division II.
Oh yes, Vancouver. The city that has more than their share of idiots

When they lost the Stanley Cup in 2011, a bunch of them decided it was time to bust up their own city. While I might understand busting up your opponents turf, who were the bright ones that came up with the idea that you should destroy your own town after sporting events?

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

UnBiasFan wrote:
wyokie wrote:
Oh yes, Vancouver. The city that has more than their share of idiots

When they lost the Stanley Cup in 2011, a bunch of them decided it was time to bust up their own city. While I might understand busting up your opponents turf, who were the bright ones that came up with the idea that you should destroy your own town after sporting events?
Probably Ohio State fans.

415hawaiiboy

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

"Never underestimate the POWER of stupid people in large numbers" - one of my all time favorite quotes.

415hawaiiboy

Post by 415hawaiiboy »

Add @Arizona State: need to go to Phoenix, also the student body is hot. Plus, we get to play in the stadium for the Fiesta Bowl, the place I wish we played in 2007.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

415hawaiiboy wrote:"Never underestimate the POWER of stupid people in large numbers" - one of my all time favorite quotes.
That is classic and it explains a lot. :lol:

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dcwarrior »

wyokie wrote:UBC plays football in the NAIA (it's a level below NCAA). They are considering moving up to NCAA Division II.
Technically, NAIA is a completely different organization from the NCAA. At one time it was the dominant college sports organization, but a long time ago most of the top schools left to join the less-restrictive NCAA.
Substance matters.