QB Kilton Anderson

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

QB Kilton Anderson

Post by BigWave96744 »

Per SportsBow, no offer from Hawaii, but he is interested.
Looking to see how this All Florida State All Star does at Skyline HS in Washington.
Maybe our SH Ohana up there can check out some of his games or provide insight.
Too bad JRod isn't up there anymore...
SportsBow wrote: KILTON ANDERSON Image QB,6-3, 200 lbs. (4.6 40 yd dash)
(Skyline HS - Sammamish, WA)
(Have offers from South Alabama.)

(Played for Naples HS in Florida in 2012.)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61K-qiX3BeU

Maxpreps.com profile: http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/bVwdUR ... derson.htm

ESPN.com profile: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... n-anderson

Rivals.com profile: (2-stars) http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... son-137354

Scout.com profile: http://hawaii.scout.com/a.z?s=219&p=8&c=1&nid=6312194

247sports.com profile: http://247sports.com/Player/Kilton-Anderson-19322

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: QB Kilton Anderson

Post by saynotomercs »

This guy's highlight tape looks pretty good. He's clearly athletic enough to be an FBS dual-threat QB at the mid-major level.

Here are my concerns:

-The dearth of intermediate throws. There aren't too many 15-20 yd ropes on his tape
-He makes too many back-footed throws
-Not too many three-step reads

His lowlights must be pretty low, because he looks like a fit for a non-BCS spread-option team and should have more offers by now.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Raiders

Post by gambit_808 »

Good news is that Im still up here. I'll try check em out.

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

Yea, Skyline is a pretty strong program up here and they have produced a few highly rated Div 1 QB prospects - thought I don't recall any of them really panning out.

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by gambit_808 »

Long time Smug.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

The last Skyline Washington Recruit to Hawaii was Oline Daniel "Ox" Johnson

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

SmugDude wrote:Yea, Skyline is a pretty strong program up here and they have produced a few highly rated Div 1 QB prospects - thought I don't recall any of them really panning out.
Former BYU and Current Kansas QB Jake Heaps
2013 graduate and 5* USC Commit QB Max Browne

gambit_808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by gambit_808 »

Yea heaps was legit. But his psyche is kinda out there. Not sure if he's a mental midget or not. We shall see. These are great examples but not sure they've exactly "panned out" yet.

BleuHawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by BleuHawaii »

Hi Warriors,
My name is Kilton Anderson. I was tipped off by a friend about this post and wanted to provide some clarification.

First of all, I agree with the assessment made about me. My highlight tape does fail to demonstrate many of the passes that college coaches want to see. I ran the Veer at Naples High School in Florida, so you will see a lot of deep passes and rushing.
However, before I became a Dual Threat I spent time in the pocket. I am now at Skyline High school in Sammamish, Washington who have a passing offense. This fall will be my senior season, so hopefully I will be able to establish that I have the ability to play in either system.

I get the question frequently about why I don't have many offers. I believe I have had some unique challenges present. I was geographically isolated (SW gulf tip of Florida), my coach had my Hudl account locked, and I wasn't in a passing offense. Those are issues I had very little control over. On the bright side, I am now in a passing offense, have a very talented and supportive head coach, have access to QB Coach Taylor Barton, and I have a plethora of talented team-mates (I have always had the benefit of amazing teammates).

I run a 4.5 40, bench 275, squat 420, vertical 35", shuttle 4.1, and long jump 10'2". Documented. I have been on the honor roll for three years and have a 4.0 plus GPA. I had a big time program comment that they thought my highlight tape had been sped up, until they saw me in person and knew that wasn't the case. It is unfortunate that these types of conclusions are drawn without confirmation.

I had 45 touchdowns last year (#1 scorer in Florida's largest division 6A), have gone to the State playoffs twice and received All-State, All-District, All-Conference and All-Area honors as a junior. In the past six weeks I have earned three QB MVP awards (VTO, Northwest Elite Index/Barton Football camp and Northwest Elite Football camp).

I have camped at South Alabama and Missouri this week. I will attend the UW camp towards the end of June. I won't be attending other camps this summer. With a new offense to nail down and a big season opener I can't afford to focus on anything else at this point. I've got a championship to pursue full-bore. I've got two great offers from South Alabama and Pennsylvania.

I have expressed my interest to the coaches at Hawaii. The family story goes that my Scottish grandfather (no idea how many times removed) was an assistant to the Queen of Hawaii. Obviously the man was intelligent to leave soggy Scotland for the Islands!

I appreciate the post, and the feedback.
This year I was one of two juniors named to the 2012 Florida HS Football Class 6A Elite Team. I was listed as a Athlete which is an accomplishment considering Florida has insane athletes. http://floridahsfootball.com/2013/02/04 ... lite-team/ I am determined to show that not only am I a leading rusher, but a leading passer too.

Sometimes you have late risers. I am sure I am not the only player struggling to overcome bias of other circumstances. It would be a pretty boring story if there weren't obstacles and challenges as you write your story. I am on the edge of my senior year and I am intent on making this the best chapter yet. Hopefully Hawaii will take a look.

Thanks Warriors!
This copy is actual speed and has not been modified:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61K-qiX3BeU

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

Welcome to the board Kilton. Thanks for sharing the info.
I hope you and the Hawaii Warriors can be a good match, so we can welcome you to the islands. Good luck to you.
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

BleuHawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by BleuHawaii »

Me too, thank you Grinch! Off to camp tonight! Mahalo!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Hey Kilton, great to hear from you! Hope that you have a healthy and successful senior year, and keep us posted!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Kelvin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kelvin »

Aloha Kilton,
I wonder if your Anderson family is related to any of these kamaaina(local) families/firms:
1. Andy Anderson-highly visible in politics and business
2. Eileen Anderson-former mayor
3. Bruce Anderson-former health director
4. attorney firm of Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel (long time firm going way back but not sure who the Anderson partner is).

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Aloha Kilton and welcome to the SportsHawaii Ohana.

Go show your stuff at Skyline and continue their string of big time QB's in recent years.

Go check with you pops or grandfather if your distant relative in the Territory of Hawaii is James Anderson King

James Anderson King (1832–1899) was a ship's master who became a politician of the Republic of Hawaii.

James Anderson King was born in Scotland in 1832. He arrived in the Kingdom of Hawaii during the 1860s, just after the American Civil War, and worked as ship's master on merchant vessels. He sailed the Kona Packet on trading voyages to Alaska, Kamchatka, and Japan. When Samuel Gardner Wilder arranged to buy the steamship Likelike, King was put in charge. As Wilder grew his fleet, Captain King was made superintendent of all shipping operations.

He married Charlotte Holmes Davis, who was great-granddaughter of Oliver Holmes, who was an early settler on Oʻahu in 1793, and married into Hawaiian nobility. Her brother William Heath Davis (1822–1909) moved to Alta California in the 1830s.

After the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii, King was made minister of the interior for the Provisional Government of Hawaii on January 17, 1893. He also served as minister of Interior of the Republic of Hawaii until his death.

On June 3, 1896 he acted as minister of finance until the end of the month when he was replaced by Henry E. Cooper.

King died October 16, 1899, while trying to teach a six-year-old son how to swim in the ocean. He had an elaborate state funeral at ʻIolani Palace (then known as the executive building) with burial at Oahu Cemetery with Masonic rituals of Freemasonry on October 23, 1899.

His son Samuel Wilder King became governor of the Territory of Hawaii.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_A._King

Kelvin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kelvin »

Wow BigWave, you are a wealth of knowledge. It's a revelation to me because I am acquainted with Sam King Jr. and his wife Adrienne who are both attorneys and wasn't aware of the connection with James Anderson King and his role in history.