Uniforms

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Keemz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Uniforms

Post by Keemz »

Just wondering, Now that our Name has been settled, can someone please do something about our Uniforms ???? i really like the Oregon Ducks Uniform !!! Infact, I heard that they got some key recruits because of there Uniforms !!!! #justsayin

yesimsher
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Uniforms

Post by yesimsher »

Now that UH finally has just one identity, hopefully ben jay can get all teams to be fitted by just one company. Maybe do a re-brand and I hope that its with nike. Im just being hopeful!! Ben Jay did say that the decision to stay with warriors and rainbow wahine is because its better for marketing. As for now, they need to get rid of that stripe on the back of the pants cause that looks horrible.

Keemz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Keemz »

yesimsher wrote:Now that UH finally has just one identity, hopefully ben jay can get all teams to be fitted by just one company. Maybe do a re-brand and I hope that its with nike. Im just being hopeful!! Ben Jay did say that the decision to stay with warriors and rainbow wahine is because its better for marketing. As for now, they need to get rid of that stripe on the back of the pants cause that looks horrible.

I Totally agree, the strips gotta go :)) And Nike is the way to go, no disrespecting UnderArmor !!! :))

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

on leahey & leahey, ben jay made an emphasis that our colors were green and white. so maybe he might get rid of the black unis. i say keep um and use them for special "black out" games, etc. but yea, i dont like UA uniforms i hope we go back to nike.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

and i was just thinking if hawaii was granted to start their season a week earlier and that game was to be broadcast on espn, it would be the perfect opportunity for nike to do some kind of pro combat unis for that game. they usually unveil the pro combats unis for the start of the season.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Don't expect immediate changes to the uniforms. Most of the sports including all the big ones (i.e. football, basketball, baseball, volleyball) have seperate contracts with different manufacturers. As the contracts start expiring, things might start happening. Don't be surprised if a sole source contract bid to outfit all sports is put out rather than having each sport do their own.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

reignjah11 wrote:on leahey & leahey, ben jay made an emphasis that our colors were green and white. so maybe he might get rid of the black unis. i say keep um and use them for special "black out" games, etc. but yea, i dont like UA uniforms i hope we go back to nike.
I think he also said on the tv news that he did not like the silver and black. He said that Hawaii's colors are green and white.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Sweet Lei Mokihana
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

yesimsher wrote:Now that UH finally has just one identity, hopefully ben jay can get all teams to be fitted by just one company. Maybe do a re-brand and I hope that its with nike. Im just being hopeful!! Ben Jay did say that the decision to stay with warriors and rainbow wahine is because its better for marketing. As for now, they need to get rid of that stripe on the back of the pants cause that looks horrible.
hahahaha....I know. that stripe looks terrible. Seriously though...I really didn't like too much of what Under Armour has done since being with them all this time. I liked the NIKE stuff we had prior. I think it would be much more profitable if they go back to NIKE after the UA deal is done.

I love what the owner of NIKE has done with the Oregon Dux teams. But to think that amount of effort and cool stuff would be put into trying to make us look just as cool would be asking a lot. But half the effort would look a heck of a lot better than what we had on the field the last few years.

Looking good helps to inspire to play good too.....no matter what anybody says.

Sweet Lei Mokihana
MLB: Los Angelas Dodgers
NBA: AnybodybutLakers&Heat
NFL: Cardinals and Seahawks

Post by Sweet Lei Mokihana »

RedZone wrote:
reignjah11 wrote:on leahey & leahey, ben jay made an emphasis that our colors were green and white. so maybe he might get rid of the black unis. i say keep um and use them for special "black out" games, etc. but yea, i dont like UA uniforms i hope we go back to nike.
I think he also said on the tv news that he did not like the silver and black. He said that Hawaii's colors are green and white.
I can do without the silver (although I liked the silver helmets). But I would like them to keep the black in there....even if they are not part of the basic color schemes.

Before JJ got here I always wished UH would incorporate black into our uni's. I thought it made Atlanta Falcons more tough looking when they changed in the 90s from mostly red. A lot of school and teams were using black and it just seemed cooler and tougher.

No other sport you need to get psyched out more than football. so keep the black.

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Nix the silver (all of it), get rid of the UA stuff (very contemporary), no white pants (very high 70s High School-ish), and let's not copy anyone else's style (let the Duck be the Ducks and let Hawai'i be Hawai'i, no copy cats).

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

I wouldn't mind that green Nike uniform that someone posted on the site a while ago. The one with all the Tapa designs on em.

Edit. Found it, this one

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

Just give me a uniform with readable numbers. With IMUA on everyone's back I couldn't identify the players which caused me to feel out of touch with the team.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Old Diver wrote:Just give me a uniform with readable numbers. With IMUA on everyone's back I couldn't identify the players which caused me to feel out of touch with the team.
It's important to the fans and the families of the players. Funny...a beaten down team on the rebound doesn't need an ego-reducing, no-name uniform. One of the great things June Jones did when he took over Von Appen's mess was to promote the helmet stickers. “A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.” Napoleon.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Personally, I don't mind the black in the uniz. But please coach, get rid of those damn IMUA's on the back. Look like old Hula bowl jerseys.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Warriorfan9
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Warriorfan9 »

New uniforms are coming to the program even the throwbacks cheeee hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!