Constructive Criticism for Coach Chow

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Constructive Criticism for Coach Chow

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Constructive Criticism for Coach Chow, in his first year:

1. Let the players run out of the tunnel on to the field. The arm in arm walk does not release adrenalin for the players and prepare them for the game.

2. Put the names of the players back on their jerseys. It allows Warrior fans to know who is playing on the field.

3. I like the shorter hair rule, you could now see their names, if they had them on their jerseys.

4. If the Offensive line is allowing repeated hits on our QB, consider making a QB change later in the game. Any QB will become less accurate and make poor decisions if they are constantly being hurried or knocked down during a game.

5. Consider allowing Alema Tachibana to play. He pleaded not guilty to DUI and was penalized seven games to date.
Other players arrested for DUI who pleaded guilty were penalized three games.

6. If you do not want to provide motivational pre-game speeches for the players, consider letting one of your younger assistants provide one for the team.

7. Consider hiring an effective Offensive coordinator, to allow you to focus on successfully performing your primary function, as a Head Coach. You were hired as a Head Coach, use your vast experience to mentor the assistants as a Head Coach.

8. Consider making adjustments to your Coaching staff. Keith Bhonapha, a former UH DB is the running back coach and recruiting coordinator at Boise State. We could use his skills on our coaching staff.

9. Consider using David Graves in the wildcat position. He is not being productive at receiver and should be on the field contributing.

Go Warriors!

PCBoy
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: Miami Heat
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: Constructive Criticism for Coach Chow

Post by PCBoy »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:2. Put the names of the players back on their jerseys. It allows Warrior fans to know who is playing on the field.
If you can't tell who's playing by the gigantic number on the back of their jersey, I don't know if a small name plate will help.

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:5. Consider allowing Alema Tachibana to play. He pleaded not guilty to DUI and was penalized seven games to date.
I'm pretty sure he knew the potential of sitting out this long if he took his case to trial. The others took responsibility for that they did and moved on.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

PCBoy wrote:
wailukuwarriorfan wrote:2. Put the names of the players back on their jerseys. It allows Warrior fans to know who is playing on the field.
If you can't tell who's playing by the gigantic number on the back of their jersey, I don't know if a small name plate will help.

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:5. Consider allowing Alema Tachibana to play. He pleaded not guilty to DUI and was penalized seven games to date.
I'm pretty sure he knew the potential of sitting out this long if he took his case to trial. The others took responsibility for that they did and moved on.
Maybe, but there was no way he could foretell that the citing police officer wouldn't show up and that the State would opt for an extension thereby pretty much killing the entire season for him.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

PCBoy wrote:

Not every UH fan can memorize every player by their number, but I could read their names on their jersey if they still had them.

Regarding Tachibana, he has been penalized for most of the season now, and he pled not guilty. The other players who pled guilty were suspended three games. My point is that if he is found guilty, he has been suspended more than twice what the others were penalized for. If he is found innocent, he has been suspended more than twice what the others were penalized for.

2left
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by 2left »

Don't agree with OP 100%, but overall very good points. Mack wised up quickly and replaced the Lee brothers with two of the finest young coordinators in the NCAA. If it turns out change is needed, I hope Chow is as quick to pull the trigger.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

here's my constructive criticism for Chow: Retire.

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

poidog wrote:here's my constructive criticism for Chow: Retire.
:tv:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Call it a hunch or a gut feeling......but I have this feeling Norm just might call it quits after one year.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

J-Rod wrote:Call it a hunch or a gut feeling......but I have this feeling Norm just might call it quits after one year.
i would give him my first born son if he did that.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

mauimoke
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mauimoke »

Words out on Chow. His team hates him, he brings nothing innovative to the table, he treats people badly, it will just get worse I garauntee it... Just retire you Dinosaur!

Makiki Hustle
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Makiki Hustle »

mauimoke wrote:Words out on Chow. His team hates him, he treats people badly
Says who?

Strong statements require strong evidence.

(And that post from the other board doesn't count as evidence. I call that "fictional nonsense.")

I've yet to see a mass exodus of players from the team. In fact, just yesterday I was reading about how Coach Chow has bumped a few players up from the Scout team to the first team, and in the players' own words, they were excited and eager to play.

Doesn't sound like the statements of players who hate their coach.

Who are we going to trust: some anonymous web poster villainizing the coach because the team is losing, or the words of the actual players themselves?

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Going back to a key phrase, "constructive", I would like to add that perhaps our Interim AD, Rocky could consider petitioning Admissions, that a logic class be allowed to be substituted for Algebra II as an admissions requirement.

We would probably find that many blue chip players who want to play for Hawaii could then qualify.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Makiki Hustle wrote: I've yet to see a mass exodus of players from the team. In fact, just yesterday I was reading about how Coach Chow has bumped a few players up from the Scout team to the first team, and in the players' own words, they were excited and eager to play.
uhh, what scout team player wouldn't be happy about getting reps with the first team? that's not proof - that's a rationalization. why does he have to bump scout team players up with the first team, anyway? are the first and second teamers getting frustrated or tired of the way things are going, or maybe just physically tired of being worked too hard (this is what i've heard)? Is Chow trying to scare them back into obedience by giving the scout guys their reps? There won't be a mass exodus because that's not what players do, even when things are as bad as can be. There was no "mass exodus" after 1998 and I have never heard of any "mass exodus" at any other school in recent history. If a "mass exodus" is the proof you need that things are going bad, then I guess you'll always be able to believe that things are all peachy. That's kind of awesome, actually.

see, I can draw just as many conclusions about the scout teamers playing as you can.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

J-Rod wrote:Call it a hunch or a gut feeling......but I have this feeling Norm just might call it quits after one year.
I wish! I think he's too stubborn, though. he needs to prove that he can do it with "his players" and that his system can be successful. you know, his system that is so great and effective that it can only work with all 4- and 5-star recruits.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

poidog wrote:
why does he have to bump scout team players up with the first team, anyway? are the first and second teamers getting frustrated or tired of the way things are going, or maybe just physically tired of being worked too hard (this is what i've heard)? Is Chow trying to scare them back into obedience by giving the scout guys their reps?
According to Steven Tsai, "Chris Gant, cornerback Tony Grimes and safeties Bubba Poueu-Luna and Leroy Lutu Jr. are among the ailing players who will not be traveling."

Probably because of injuries to the first and second team players.