Which player is going to fill in for Samia?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Which player is going to fill in for Samia?

Post by sarvicdar »

Re-Which player is going to fill in for Samia?

Tsai writes today in the SA that back up Warrior center, Afusia, is getting a look.

He also wrote that defensive ends Woodward and Malepeai are available to help out at defensive tackle.

What is a certaintly is that Samia absence will be a big void to fill.

Currently Matagiese,Correa and Hanohano rotate in at defensive tackles.

With the Nevada game a few days away, Coach Chow has to immobilize his troops in a hurry. Why he waited to Wednesday is any one's guess.

Afusia, who played defensive tackle in high school, last played that position three years ago, was given the chance to give it a try, yesterday. This is not easy, especially on short notice. I guess emergency situations call for emergency measures.

With all this moving around it might suggest the Warriors are thin at defensive tackles, or they don't have confidence in the underclassmen further down on the depth chart.

Of all the shuffling I hope Woodward doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I think his future (bright) is at defensive end.

Of all the prospects of players being shuffled I would have loved to have seen Loeffler move to the other side of the line at defensive tackle. Here's a player 6-5, 315, long arms, athletic, and ran 4.9's at the high school combines, who at the moment is standing idle as a third string offensive tackle.

What is a given is that with Nevada quick pace, hurry up offense, 16 seconds between plays offense, the opposing teams defenders get winded in a hurry, so this will pose a problem for Hawaii come this Saturday(where rotating in fresh legs is a necessity). . As one poster mentioned Samia absence comes at a bad time and he surely will be missed.

It will be interesting to see the pieces of this puzzle come together. My hunches tell me that Correa, Hanohano and company will rise up to the challenge.