New uniform coming soon?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Upstring808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: New uniform coming soon?

Post by Upstring808 »

EITSwarrior wrote:Simon Doonan??? More like Simon Doo-NOT!!!!

WTF how is that douche a fashion designer. I've seen girls at HCC's fashion school with better taste. BTW what the heck do they think a tiki is?
Eh they guy's a Douche but I like his ideas about subtle and bam! Players want to be noticed and subtle doesn't cut it? Make the pants a photo Hula Skirt, Kane Style of Course!

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

What if all our players came out looking like vili the warrior? \:D/

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

how about aloha shirt themed jerseys? haha

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Lemme see...

We could make the helmet look like polished coconut shells or stained, gourds
The shoes should look like ti-leaf wrapped laulau.
The pants and leggings should be designed to look like a slant cut lava lava (Black or dark green where there is no poly print)...
On one sleeve and moving down diagonally across the chest in the same direction as the lava lava would be a green on black poly tatoo. The opposing sleeve would have a tattoo like band going around the arm. The remainder would be black... with the Hawaii "H" on the front somewhere in the black region...

can't figure where to put the humuhumunukunukuapua...

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Can we require every player get a full sleeve tribal tatoo as part of our uniform? :-

blahblah
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by blahblah »

eonatoa wrote:Can we require every player get a full sleeve tribal tatoo as part of our uniform? :-
not enough money in the budget, gotta have the players trade autographs and memorabilia for tats

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

blahblah wrote:
eonatoa wrote:Can we require every player get a full sleeve tribal tatoo as part of our uniform? :-
not enough money in the budget, gotta have the players trade autographs and memorabilia for tats
Nice! Then when our program is exposed, Urban Meyer will come and bail us out! :hello1:

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

blahblah wrote:
Just get it printed on some spandex like material... black on light brown, brown, and dark brown... large and extra large. And if no can afford in the UA package.. make em and sell em at the Rainbowtique where some good-hearted, forgetful fans can buy em and accidentally-on-purpose forget/drop em on the bleachers or on the practice field...

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Upstring808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Upstring808 »

808havok wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... index.html

please keep your members-only jackets and speedo shorts in the basement. your fashion senses are not welcomed to our recruits. no rainbows, no menehunes, no hawaiian island chain... just no.... who you trying to scare away?

jj had the right idea when he introduced all black unis. its all about branding, marketing and image to young recruits.
It was great at the time but changes to the Uni's need to be made to attract people to watch UH afar. Time for UH to explore new designs.

puali
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by puali »

Eastside Hooligan wrote: Anyhow I hope the uniforms are not to generic Hawaiian or Haolefied Hawaiian for example Tiki's on the uniform or flowers but something that is more traditional , subtle and warrior like.
+1 I absolutely agree.

Traditional, subtle, and warrior like. Definitely! Excellent words.

That's the total opposite to what UA has done to the unis (gaudy shoulders/sleeves
and gaudy rear pants design).

UA shouldn't implement their cut and paste designs (as shown in their catalogs)
and just follow the original Hawaii designs from 2000-2007.

Maybe a UA collaboration with Kurt Osaki (lead designer of the "H" and overall look before)
should be made to implement a new design but similar to the JJ era unis.

As this article states, the "H" logo with Hawaiian kapa has a meaning of "triangles symbolizing body, mind, and spirit".

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2000/0 ... tory1.html

"Traditional, subtle, and warrior like" was what the Hawaii unis already were before UA altered the designs.

There were symbolism and symmetry with the "H" logo and the triangles on the uniforms before.

With UA removing the triangles and putting their own gaudy designs (on the shoulders/sleeves and pants),
the original Hawaii design and its meaning (body, mind, and spirit) is lost in a visual mess.

Examples of the design mess now on the pants and jerseys:

My avatar is not pro-rainbow, but anti-rainbow, pro-WARRIORS. HAWAII WARRIORS football. Go WARRIORS!

Urijah
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Giants
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Urijah »

So I guess we got the Oregon Ducks old uniform?? ;/

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I know we have a bunch of people "in the know" on this board, is there any change to the uniforms and/or helmets coming this year?

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

J-Rod wrote:I know we have a bunch of people "in the know" on this board, is there any change to the uniforms and/or helmets coming this year?
i dont think we'll get anything new in terms of the design but i heard we're supposed to get a green jersey this year (theres a picture in earlier posts). i cant stand our pants thou, im hoping at least that changes.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Please keep this topic on the subject of the upcoming University of Hawaii Football Jersey.... Mahalo