Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
hilo65
All-conference
All-conference
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: Any team with UH players

Right Choice

Post by hilo65 »

Thank goodness we have a coach who is well spoken, has a vision for the program, and is sure of himself and what he expects. From the press conference today he said that his coaching style is "demanding. you won't be hired if you're not willing to work hard." He also made it known that his first priority is to keep the best players at home and it starts in Laie. :hello1:

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Re: Right Choice

Post by sarvicdar »

Agree with OP.

I applaud Greenwood. Maybe Freitas, too, for making this happen in view of what Tanaka said about the selection committee's original choice.

Go to UH's website and read what others are saying about the hiring of Coach Chow, including a few words from the governor. That's impressive.

http://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/2011/ ... spx?id=334

I also watched the video conference. It was gravitating. I admire Coach Chow. I think better times are ahead of us.

Truth be said I've never been as more enthused for Warrior football than the present.

lou909
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by lou909 »

Good to see that our new coach is well spoken and not a bumbling idiot like Mcmackin!

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

lou909 wrote:Good to see that our new coach is well spoken and not a bumbling idiot like Mcmackin!
Now that was uncalled for...

You say he's an idiot. Yet, he made 1.15 million last year.. approximately 5 million in 5 years...wrote an authoritative book on Defense and has won awards for his profession...

How much have you made in the past 5 years, what book did you write and get published and how many awards have you gotten in your profession?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

I have a lot of friends that are from Hawaii, went to school on the mainland, worked for a while, came back well spoken and after a long enough conversation with other locals, will start to speak pidgen. I wonder if Chow can speak pidgen.

I mean, I really wouldn't want him to talk that way on ESPN or anything like that, but I can see it as a way of connecting with the people. I usually only speak Pidgen when I'm talking to Bigwave at football games.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

I dont' think Chow is going to have a problem turning on the pigeon and turning it off when needed. Mack was not a idiot and public speaking was not his strong point. Everyone on this board knows I am not a supporter of Mack at all, but he is not a bumbling idiot. He may have been out of his league as Hawaii's HC but make no mistake he is not a idiot. He could have used press secretary sometimes but not all the time. Chow is a better coach and professional than Mack, well thats obvious the media, the fans and his peers know that already. And Mack with his questionable public speaking skills is the past, now it's Chow!

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

Mele Kalikimaka! 8)

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

:lol: Let it go already. I'm happy to have enjoyed hard fought Warrior football all through the Jones and McMackin eras. Congratulations to Norm Chow on his first head coaching job. I wish you more luck than McMackin had. Hopefully, you can win as many conference championships as Jones and McMackin did. I know you love Hawaii as much as your predecessors.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

madeinhawaii wrote:
lou909 wrote:Good to see that our new coach is well spoken and not a bumbling idiot like Mcmackin!
Now that was uncalled for...

You say he's an idiot. Yet, he made 1.15 million last year.. approximately 5 million in 5 years...wrote an authoritative book on Defense and has won awards for his profession...

How much have you made in the past 5 years, what book did you write and get published and how many awards have you gotten in your profession?
Ditto. Mack is not a bumbling idiot. He knows his stuff, and did a lot of good things for the program. He and UH agreed to a mutual termination of his contract. Move on.

Coach Chow is now here. It's a new era. There is euphoria and excitement. He does appear to be the right choice.

beegpk
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by beegpk »

there are certain people that most want to forget --- Frazier, Von Appen --- but I personally appreciate everyone's contribution :lol:

Greg McMackin is not one of those people that we should forget --- he was the best defensive coordinator and his HC years were not bad at all

as I said before, we can treat our leaders with class as long as they act with class --- McMackin understood aloha and despite his style was a class act when it comes to being a leader and head coach

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

Back off of Mack. He did his best for UH. He tried to keep it going. JJ lost more games in two years than Mack did and look what happened to JJ. Had Mack stayed I believe they would have built a program with depth. His only mistake was not being able to stay healthy. Had a few games gone his way we would not be talking about Coach Chow. No need treating coaches that come here and give their all for us like trash. Grow up.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

Kama'aina UH
Starter
Starter
MLB: Angels/Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Kama'aina UH »

It's amazing Coach Chow hasn't had a HC gig before. This opportunity is overdue for him and we should be so grateful to have him. Mele Kalikimaki came early for us Warrior fans! 8)